Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was raging last night,

Went out to bomb and i put on an ultra fat onto a monster can and the thing fucking leaked all over my hand and on the ground.

Was so angry coz i finally to my friend out with me who has been bugging me to let him come and the one time i do let him come out i embarress myself :@

Fucking pissed off lol

Was raging last night,

Went out to bomb and i put on an ultra fat onto a monster can and the thing fucking leaked all over my hand and on the ground.

Was so angry coz i finally to my friend out with me who has been bugging me to let him come and the one time i do let him come out i embarress myself :@

Fucking pissed off lol

for really realz yo.

i finally gave the german Montana Gold a try today after putting it off for years and i must say i was kind of dissapointed. the coverage is almost the same as a walmart in space terms. the paint is said to be odorless but smells like straight up harmful chemicals.

the pros were the pressure and the color was really good and so was the finish. i really liked the finished matte. but the cons out weigh the pros here. i dont think the paint is worth the money ($7 each). i honestly feel sick from the fumes even though i painted over 6 hours ago. spend the money on anything but this its not worth unless youre rich and have money to burn.

peace

the problem i had was the coverage. i used a yellow the other day from that line. unsure what shade, but i shook the fuck out of that cunt, and i still got drips on everything. the rest of the paint was ironlak, and no drips whatsoever. montana is gonna be phased out eventually because ironlak has them on quality and cost. people aren't going to want to pay 7 bucks a can in a recession when ironlak is 5 bucks in person, and even cheaper online.

^Agreed.

Ironlak's price makes it so worthwhile and for that paint quality, It's great.

I might pick more up this weekend if I find my debit card.

Anyone ever use Plutonium G?

*raises hand*

what about it?

also, german montana's pastel purple-ish color is dope.

Any thoughts on plutonium?

Price, quality and such.

PROS:

smells like ice cream

360 degree valve

reasonably thick

german MTN valve

its artist pigment/laquer based.. safer for your lungs

smells like ice cream

only a few colors don't cover that well

CONS:

PRICE

thick paint + 360 degree valve means its a cap holocaust unless you douse them in thinner

anything else?

PROS:

smells like ice cream

360 degree valve

reasonably thick

german MTN valve

its artist pigment/laquer based.. safer for your lungs

smells like ice cream

only a few colors don't cover that well

CONS:

PRICE

thick paint + 360 degree valve means its a cap holocaust unless you douse them in thinner

anything else?

Thanks.

Propped for usefulness.

It sprays upside down? Sounds interesting.

I'll try it out for the ice cream smell.

i tried this once and it was super watery looking. But that was a while ago, so maybe its changed

It's the lowest paint in krylon's lineup, I believe, and, I'd imagine, still uses the old valve system. The paint is as to be expected of a crappier krylon; fairly watery.

Found this on Bates' Blog... Pretty interesting.

An important message from your friends at Ironlak.

Recently another paint brand launched a study (aka shameless smear campaign) on the effects of spray paint brands. We especially enjoyed the part where they stated, “that their products pose no health hazard to the user”; IT IS SPRAY PAINT!!! What, do they have vitamin C in there or something?

Normally we like to shut up let our paint do the talking, but given the level of misinformation and malicious propaganda being put out by our competitors, we felt the need to set the record straight. The facts are; inhaling spray paint fumes is NOT good for you and you should wear a mask and gloves no matter what cool paint brand you are using!

-Ironlak has developed a paint formula that IS less harmful than other brands. In fact our MIR value (For VOC’s) was so low that we were asked to recheck the quantities of solvents in our product by the regulatory company who assisted C.A.R.B. in setting up MIR/VOC legislation in the USA, as it was “unusually low” for an aerosol product.

-Ironlak (AVT Paints) has been registered with REACH in Europe since Nov

2008 and has provided full product disclosure. Ironlak is 100% compliant with the strict new European chemicals laws. For the USA our products are fully CARB & CPSA compliant, and fall well below the MIR values for VOCs required for the categories Ironlak fits into (1.40 MIR Limit).

-The factory where Ironlak is made is ISO 9001 certified.

-We use only quality ingredients in Ironlak. Our pigments are world-class and produced in Europe and Japan by leading pigment manufacturers. Our pigments are ground four times (Wow! Amazing!). We operate on lower profit margins to keep the retail price down. Ironlak was started so that writers could afford quality paint. We don’t boast about the technicality of our paint/valve because we don’t need to, the proof is in the pieces. If the paint covers better than any other brand, it doesn’t matter what fancy nickname we gave our valve system.

-We use a modified acrylic resin, we looked at using a nitro combi alkyd but the results of our research showed that the acrylic performs better in a variety of weather conditions, has better adhesion and flexibility.

-AVT/ Ironlak products are lead free, duh.

If you want to know more about what’s in your favourite paint brand, ask them for their MSDS (material safety data sheet) or search for it in Google. Here’s ours: http://www.ironlak.com/msds. Feel free to compare this with any other brand.

And, back to the styrofoam; it’s all in the drying time. The brand that conducted the above study uses a higher level of acetone than we do which has a higher evaporation rate causing evaporation before it has a chance to eat the foam. Many of the solvents that Ironlak uses are also found in the other brand, however Ironlak contains less acetone, taking slightly longer to dry thereby allowing more contact time with the foam.

Ironlak was created for writers by writers, and is owned by a writer. We actually care about graffiti, and actively support those who do. Ask any of the artists that we sponsor, they are in this for more than free paint. We feel like there is plenty of room for competition between brands without resorting to false claims and childish scare tactics trying to fool customers. A healthy productive competition between brands will lead to better products for the consumer at fair price. We are all for this, what are they so worried about??

One love.

Ironlak Family.

Links:

Ironlak: http://www.ironlak.com

Ironlak MSDS: http://www.ironlak.com/msds/

Californian Air Resources Board (CARB): http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

European Chemicals Agency / REACH: http://echa.europa.eu/reach_en.asp

Heres what started the whole thing:

http://www.molotow.com/molotow/technology/double-function-cap/

Molotow against all the other brands:

Spanish Montana Mtn,94,German Gold,Black,Crash,Monster,Kobra,Alien,Plutonium G and more..

id still go for a can of rusto even if i had stores to buy MTN.

the one of the big reasons people use MTN, because they

cant get it around them, and everyone says its so great.

im not saying its bad, but its a waste of money.

and if yo rack it you get faggots saying shit about how

you arent supporting the scene or some other bullshit.

/rant

IM WITH THIS GUY..IVE RACKED PRETTY MUCH AND SO FAR I WENT FROM AMERICAN ACCENTS AND THEN TO PAINTERS TOUCH AND NOW VALSPAR WHATS GOING ON ITS LIKE EVERY TRIP I DO THEY START SWITCHING UP ON ME.. SO FAR I NOTICED THAT HOME DEPOT CARRYS RUSTO AND PAINTERS TOUCH AND LOWES USE TO CARRY AMERICAN ACCENTS BUT NOW THEY CARRY THAT VALSPAR STUFF.. ID HAVE TO SAY AMERICAN ACCENTS WOULD NEVER LET ME DOWN NOT ONE BIT AND THATS PRETTY MUCH MY CHOICE OF PAINT AND RUSTOS BUT THAT VALSPAR STUFF IS PRETTY GOOD ,SO I DONT COMPLAIN AND THE PAINTERS TOUCH THEY HAVE THE ADAPTER AND WORKS VERY WELL WITH ANY CAPP..BUT HOBBY LOBBY IS NOW CARRYING THOSE AMERICAN ACCENTS AND IS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET THEM NOW BUT THERE GOING FOR 4.99 AND TOOK ALL THAT BOO BOO KRYLON SHIT WITH THE FAN TIPS OR WHATEVER....AS FOR ALL THAT ''EXPENSIVE'' PAINT OR WHATEVER NEVER WILL I BUY IT WHY BECAUSE THERE JUST ABOUT ALL KINDS OF PAINT OUT THERE IF U CAN WORK IT RIGHT IT WILL SHOW U LOVE NOT TRYING TO PREACH OR ANYTHING BUT THATS JUST ME EVERY HAS THERE 2ND VOTES PEACE!

SOME RUSTO N PAINTERS TOUCH AT HOME DEPOT

0_IMAGE_036.jpg

SOME AMERICAN ACCENTS FROM HOBBY LOBBY

0_IMAGE_059.jpg

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST SOME VALSPAR FROM LOWES....

0_IMAGE_280.jpg

Archived