Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was looking around on the internet and i realize that montana in spain costs less than rustoleum in america. how much is paint in ireland and what brands can you get?

remember that good paint here costs about 3-350 a can. the paint you get for 1 dollar, colorplace from wallmart comes in about 5 colors that are worth using, it sprays EXTREMELY slow, takes forever to fill in. it fades very fast. the silver lasts about a week, then disappears.

also, wallmart wasn't even around where i live until about 5 years ago. home depot(cheapest rustoleum) for about 10 years. before that, local independent hardware stores were selling rusto for anywhere from 3 to 6 dollars and krylon for about 250 to 5. thats in early 90's money too. before those big national chains, it was hard getting every color too. no stores really carried every color of krylon at once. i remember there were even regional shortages of certain colors. i used to hear people couldn't get clover green or teal blue in certain states.

the total rustoleum color selection from all the ranges has been getting progressively better for the last 15 years. in the seventies and eighties, rusto had about 25 colors. then they added about 20 satin decor colors around???(some one fill this one in for me). american accents came out in 1991. then added about 30-40 new colors from painters touch around 98. they been adding more colors since then, especially in the last 2 years or so, they added a ton of really bright colors, pinks, purples, lime greens etc. another thing about rustoleum i think a lot of people overseas don't realize: it has a large valve than only works well with rusto fat caps. the line these caps give isn't very fat either. so rusto isn't the best for doing extremely fast fill ins or detailed outlining.

krylon on the other hand has been getting worse for the last 15 years since the company changed ownership. it's pretty watery and drips a lot. writers don't use it nearly as much as they used to. but it does work well with all caps, gives nicer looking lines than rustoleum. good for outlining and details(not nearly as easy to control as euro cans though).

• 2 weeks later...

damn why does everybody try and sort things so much?^

but walmart gold is the bomb. rusto has good colors and great coverage. some of their lighters colors (specificly painters touch) is a lil thin.

S4020747.jpg

that shit is sick^^^ $1 sooooooper thick, takes forever to shake

S4020748.jpg

sorta thin but covers well, smells weird too.

Archived