FONTS FONTS FONTS - The Official Typography Thread

RumPuncher

Re: FONTS FONTS FONTS

i really need know what every font in this image is...

i tried google and whatthefont but no luck so far....

thanks in advance...

no idea dude. super ill whatever it is.

i did just a cursory googling and some type nerds mentioned schadow black condensed...but it blows in comparison. drop me a line if you ever find out dude...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

edwardian.jpg

I dont mean to be rude but thats pretty far from Edwardian, the flourishes are very different.

I tried to figure out what the font is but had little success. I searched my entire font library (7029 fonts) and a few other sources, but no dice. Hothgard Script was the closest I could find.

• 3 weeks later...

hey font gurus out there: which one of you can hook me with a good site to download sav fonts. no specific ones, just good font packages. my comp just crashed and i lost all my old fonts, and also the site i used to cop them from is down.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

COMIC SANS!!

haha just kidding..

right off the top.. i would say something with a stencil look to it

but then i started playing around in photoshop

it all depends upon what you're going to be using it for [in my perspective]

you could use a satire kind of font depending upon how you're trying to put it across

33.jpg

on the left is edwin script

on the right is atlas

and for whatever reason, i would try playing off the rope into the font

sorry

been playing around all day

i got this so far

l_a9d0720130584d3dba969fffcca7ff24.jpg

its going to be one of my shirt designs.. i like the retro lettering idea, may try that out if i find some cool fonts

jury is still out

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.skateallcities.com/wordpress/2008/06/droppin-knowledge/

Ok, so a lot of heads have been hitting us up about our new t-shirt designs. They don’t seem to understand why we chose the old school, ugly looking font as our new design for our t’s and sweaters. For those of you who don’t skate then let me give you a brief introduction of where this design/font came from so that you can have a better understanding of why we did what we did. First off the original font is from Thrasher’s “Skate And Destroy” from the late 80’s to early 90’s. I remember seeing the logotype on all kinds of stickers and magazines back in the day when I first started skating. Well recently last summer, while chilling at my homegirl Nicole’s pad, she showed me an original “Skate And Destroy” sweater that she received from a friend over at THRASHER and a clever idea popped up in my head. At that time I was already thinking about dropping a new t-shirt design so I thought to myself, “Why not flip the “Skate And Destroy” font to say “Skate All Cities”? This is what we came up with. And if you don’t know, Now you know.''

51EW2NQB02L._SS500_.jpg

watson and dranxo, thanks for the knowledge.

I grew up around the thasher skate and destroy logo in this font, but I was just curious if there was an actual alphabet available on the web somewhere.

thanks again.

anymore help appreciated

and skate all cities is rad!, keep up the good work

Archived