Changing Your Name....

dr. frink one

Originally posted by Xeroshoes

i tell you choosing a name is fucking impossible.....same with crew names.......

yo dogg i hear you its fukkin impossible to find a dope new name thats meaningful , has sikk letters and thats not already taken or superfamous or both , try writing out the alphabet on some paper and crossing out the wak letters you dont like then trying to make a dope name you like outta the ones that r left , it werked 4 me........poyce

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i changed my name a few times when i first started out, i would just practice tagging all of them to see what i was comfortable with. once you get a name... i dont think you should ever have to change it... unless someone is already writing it... if you think you are doper than them,, you could always battle them for the name or let them beat you up for the name haha

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by HAMMERFALL

is that deicide i hear?

yes my brother of metal. hammerfall, hell yes.

xxx303

• 5 years later...

Yeh baby, thread revival.

So far ive been through 1 name and am on my second.

Some guy in a crew was writing my old name and this crew is pretty fucking massive, and im pretty sure i wasnt as good as the guy at that time, so i changed.

It was really really hard to find the name i have now, and its still doesnt suit me as good as my old one. It just doesnt feal right. its no where near as meaningful, but yet, i still write something else now.

It's also a pain in the arse, cause if uve gone all city, pieces,throwies,tags and then to throw that all away and have a name that no one recognises yet, you have to go through all that bullshit again.

still havent found the perfect combination, but the letters are real easy.

peace

well, seriously....your name isnt "just" a name. its supposed to represent you, or your personality, or some trait or quality that has been with you through your life. well thats atleast what most writers i know of do. Thats why its so hard to change for most, cause that name has stuck with them for a long long time.

also infamous-me: if you dont care about cop trouble, then go for your life, but just remember, Cope2 doesnt really have much to lose, and alot of people dont. thats generally why they dont give a fuck about the law, or jail sentences etc:

You could also just write John, but thats a bit stupid in my opinion. Easier target to be tracked down.

its really up to you, i wouldnt change it back in your case, but if you dont like the name uve got now, i suggest you think hard about what your next one could be....think real hard,,,,like months and months of it type of hard....and all these ideas going through ur head, write them ALL down. a name takes time. figure out what works best for YOU

I wish i had sketched for at least a year faithfully before i had painted, because my original name was a good name, but I had made it look horribe, so i thought when i get good that name would bring me down. but that first name is the only one i feel has a connection to me. Im almost positive i'll change my name a couple more times as i get better.

My current name came about as my previous name was taken over by a better writer and since I had been less and less active over the years( the last time I actively put up the name was five years earlier but one day I saw a panel run through my town and it struck me that the person was doing much more than I ever would with the name.

so for ages I tried heaps of names that all sucked in abig way then one night it hit me while i was at work.

I met up with my mates after wards and we went and pieced it that night and I'm stuck with it now.

I couldn't change it if I wanted to

i had quite a few name changes for variouse reasons, you know getting busted, sum1 else had the name already, and sumtimes just bcuz i got bored of the letters i was useing. but i've had the name i got now for like 5yrs or sumthing and i've managed to keep it through a whole bunch of bullshit i juss have to much invested in it and its the name most people know me by so im pretty much stuck with it until i get locked up or die

• 2 weeks later...

people are gunna change there name. people are really selective by human nature and while they may like a name one month next month they think of a new word. the mistake that alot of people make is they go out when they first start getting into graff and then keep thinking that they can do a new better style with a new word. if someone was to start writing and just sketch and work on style before they got out on thew streets then by that time your happy with the word you choose and have good style with it. then you also start getting up and if you have style then people will recognize it. but people will also recognize if your shit looks like a five years old did it. if you have style from the start then your known for that. if you start bad and progress then people will always bring up the old days when you couldnt paint. the moral is that unless you get caught up or have some legit reason then you should stick with the word that "you" choose to start vandalizing with. and if you keep changing words then every up you get is worthless.

stay in school

i've changed my name a few times- my first was just what i wrote as a youngster, and when i got back in the mix I figured I'd start over. I went thru plenty of names and letter combos, some cause it looked good, some cause I liked the word.

The name I write now has been used before, a long time ago, in a couple places. But I've talked to cats in both cities and the old guys are pretty much out of it, so I'm not worried.

But I like this name, the letters and the meaning, so I'll hold on to it, even if it means beef

• 2 weeks later...

i need to change my name because the idiots i've been bringing along with me have been telling people i'm so and so.

does anyone know if the name Spade is taken, i've been writin it in the black book for a few weeks and i want to know before i start hitting the streets.

i currently have to change my name. i like what ive got now, but word spreads and there are tons of snitches and i have a feeling theres mad heads who know who i am. plus i havent done much at all with it so i think itll be best to change now rather than later.

yeah i know pointless post.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived