Knitbats: Tease your hair, volume and shit...

duh-rye-won

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just had an idea for an invention. it's pretty gay, but anyway, what do you think.

make something that attaches to your computer. you set a timer on it, say, 15 minutes. every 15 minutes it does something to remind you to save what you're working on. could be homer simpson saying, "d'oh, forgot to save!". could have funny ways to say it involving bad words. "save your work, fuckface" whatever. the IC chip with the sounds on it should be huge so it has like 100 different things it chooses randomly.

obviously, this is completely unnecessary. you could probably set a cell phone to beep every 15 minutes or whatever. but the idea would be to make the design cool enough and the cost cheap enough that it would just be a stupid little $2.99 retail impulse buy type of thing at a computer store.

don't steal my idea, fuckers.

Originally posted by iquit

i just had an idea for an invention. it's pretty gay, but anyway, what do you think.

make something that attaches to your computer. you set a timer on it, say, 15 minutes. every 15 minutes it does something to remind you to save what you're working on. could be homer simpson saying, "d'oh, forgot to save!". could have funny ways to say it involving bad words. "save your work, fuckface" whatever. the IC chip with the sounds on it should be huge so it has like 100 different things it chooses randomly.

obviously, this is completely unnecessary. you could probably set a cell phone to beep every 15 minutes or whatever. but the idea would be to make the design cool enough and the cost cheap enough that it would just be a stupid little $2.99 retail impulse buy type of thing at a computer store.

don't steal my idea, fuckers.

That is actually a pretty good idea.

I think they should make a prog for macs that goes off when you empty your trash. For most people it should say "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO EMPTY IT... WAIT.. ARE YOU POSITIVE? WHY DONT YOU CHECK IT AGAIN?"

For mine it would say "HEY ASSHOLE, YOU JUST ACCIDENTALLY THREW ALL YOUR FINAL CRIT WORK FROM THE WHOLE SEMESTER IN ME, WHY DONT YOU DOUBLE CHECK IT AND REALIZE THAT YOURE A SHMUCK, WHO IS GOING TO BE FORCED TO CONSUME LARGE AMOUNTS OF NON-PRESCRIBED ADDERALL AND DO ALL HER WORK OVER WITHOUT SLEEP IN 72 HOURS FOR MONDAY? KTHANX"*

*yes, this is from experience. And yes, I sure as hell learned my lesson. :D

so i haven't posted in here since about page 5, but i figgered you kids might appreciate this...

i moved out of san francisco, and back over to a different side of the bay where i lived a few years ago...

so...

saturday was my official "gittin outta SF" party night... started drinking at 3pm... went to the bar around 9... made out with people that i don't remember, had sex in the bathroom with someone i don;t remember, drank a bunch of free booze, lots of so long huggin... go to party at about midnight, bring some girl with me from the bar, drink more at party, make out and start going home with girl, friend keeps telling me he'll never speak to me again if i go home with said girl*, i eventually get roped into some conversation so i won't notice girl looking for me, can't find girl, hang out with two people (including dude who chased off girl), drink more, go home at 7am, sleep on my floor, get up at 2pm, still drunk, get breakfast, stay drunk till about 3 or so, spend all day hung over and trying not to vomit...

*girl came running up to me when she saw i was having lunch in the bar today... she was all excited to see me and was wondering what happened to me... i couldn't remember her name and only vaguely remembered meeting her... she told me we hung out all night and were sposed to go home together... she leaves, friend from before finally starts laughing and fills me in on the rest... i am eternally grateful to that guy...