bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Rubbish, I'll more than likely be there. I missed out this week due to a hectic work schedule... which was fine after the three hour suffer-fest I did with a bunch of team mates on Monday afternoon. Hoping to go by the AVC on Saturday after my morning ride. You racing out there this weekend?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wanted to try the qualifier race but I have to work Saturday so even if I did qualify, I wouldn't be able to race all the events. That and I raced Tabor on Wednesday and a 1/2/3 points race yesterday... but I'll be out there watching probably tonight and Sunday. Velo swap on Sunday! Hopefully there's some good stuff there.

Did my first session at the hellyer velodrome today, I have no bike racing experience - which a lot of the other beginners did have - but shit was fun and I'm gonna need to kick my ass into shape for any type of racing.

Tried a scratch race and blew my load to early into it and placed in the middle, fun as hell though.

Rubbish, I'll more than likely be there. I missed out this week due to a hectic work schedule... which was fine after the three hour suffer-fest I did with a bunch of team mates on Monday afternoon. Hoping to go by the AVC on Saturday after my morning ride. You racing out there this weekend?

Two more track records broken tonight! Mens and women's Olympic Sprints. That and Per braeking the Kilo record last night is making AVC pretty damn exciting to watch so far.

Did my first session at the hellyer velodrome today, I have no bike racing experience - which a lot of the other beginners did have - but shit was fun and I'm gonna need to kick my ass into shape for any type of racing.

Tried a scratch race and blew my load to early into it and placed in the middle, fun as hell though.

Nice job man. The first few times out there are definitely some of the funnest.

Yeah, I watched most of the races but eventually got hungry and had to leave. While I enjoyed watching the races... I certainly don't miss the danger. I kept thinking about my crash while I was there and each time it gave me the creeps. I'll stick to fixed gears in the streets...

dcay, no it isnt a stripped mountain bike.

see "urban bike."

lower seat tube, shorter wheelbase.

easier to whip around.

this may be boiling it down a bit too much,

but its a bmx bike with 26" wheels and a shock.

kepha check out MKS sylvans and MKS steel clips.

i have a size 8.5 and use M clips and they just fit.

straps are up to you (nylon vs. leather) if you arent riding fixed.

if you are get laminated straps (leather/plastic sandwich).

check out smithys up north or yojimbos behind cabrini.

OR you can always go the platform route.

the sylvans are classically designed meaning they are low profile.

if you are wearing anything besides vans/chucks/dunks even

you are going to hate shoving your shoes into them.

get a bmx pedal that you can mount plastic clips on.

again the two shops mentioned will help you out.

otherwise my bike should ship from michigan today or tomorrow.

fingers crossed it gets here this week.

how long is this shit going to take to heal??

anyone have any experience with torn/severly pulled hamstring and the recovery time?

halp!

I did a calf a while back. Wasnt doing a lot of riding then but....

In general Id say for severely pulled, at least a month.

If its torn, maybe seek professional advice. Not treating it properly or not resting enough could turn it into a number of months.