bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm of the same mind that Michael Ball is a joke. However, anyone who will throw money like that at cycling, give a 41 year old a chance at sprinting against the youngins, give riders who have paid their dues a second chance and give a local rider a spot on the Tour of California squad... gets my seal of approval. I still think he's a douche bag but I will not boo his riders. Him, I would boo. Dude is a soft serve turd.

Rubbish... it sounds like you have all the leg work outs you need. One thing I didn't see was core muscle workouts or lower back. (edit* sorry, just saw "Various core exercises) Honestly, your core is a big part of your power output. You can have diesel legs but if your mid-section is a beer belly... what's the point. I would add some of the following:

Dead lifts - three sets of ten at 30lbs... that includes bar weight (in a month you could add ten pounds to that or you could add more reps to each set)

Lower ab workouts and upper ab workouts. If you're at a gym you could ask someone what works best or you could do some research online. Keep in mind you're not trying to gain weight as much as you are trying to gain muscle... though I'm sure you already know that.

Also, calf raises.

This past weekend, and Monday, was excellent for riding. Monday was so awesome. I left work early and went home, and like a little kid, I hoped on my bike and rode till it got dark. Cracked me up.

I can tell you where I'm at right now on weights. Though I'm at the end of my lifting season.

I always start with at least fifteen minutes of cardio to warm up the muscles...

Leg Presses - 3 sets of ten @ 425lbs

Calf Raises - 4 sets of sixty @ 75lbs

Partial Squats - 4 sets of sixty @ 105lbs

Leg Curls - 3 sets of twenty @ 65lbs

Leg Extensions - 3 sets of twenty @ 65lbs

Dead Lifts - 3 sets of twenty @ 30lbs

Bent Over Row - 3 sets of twenty @ 20lbs

Bench Press - 3 sets of twenty @ 50lbs

200 sit ups - various efforts

Then finish it all with a long stretching routine

When I start out in October it's lighter weights with more sets and less reps. So for leg presses I would do 3 sets of eight @ 250lbs. Over time I would add more weight and slowly add more reps. The closer I get to racing season the more weights I add and less reps. But it's different for different muscle groups. Partial Squats... I start out with 6 sets of ten @ 145lbs and slowly over time go to less weights but more reps, less sets.

That might be confusing... sorry.

Sorry for a third post...

Honestly, in my opinion, Partial Squats, Leg Presses, Leg Curls, Core Workouts and Dead Lifts are the most important exercises you can do. I know doing all the other stuff completes the package but those five, again... in my opinion, are really the most important ones you can do.

And obviously, drinking plenty of water, eating right (for energy and body weight) and a solid endurance base will help you be successful.

I should take my own damn advice...

I wonder what the RR cyclists are thinking. Is it just a means to race? Im gonna talk to adam and see what the chemistry's like on the team.

I noticed another familiar face on the RR roster:

RRMON_069_MRIII_0466.jpg

FREDDIE!

Even this kind of bugs me tho. Propper hottie podium girls replaced by some LA hags in Rock Racing clothing doing some weird fashionista puckering like "we dont actually have to kiss the stage winner do we, because we're not really into cyclists" bullshit.

RRMON_101_MRIII2_0302.jpg

going past 90 degrees puts extra strain on your knees and tendons. don't do it...

here's what i've been doing for the past 7 or so months.

crossfit

i feel better than i have in my entire life. in combination w/ cycling and running (and some climbing, not as much as i'd like).

its a pretty "covers everything" workout plan.

Even this kind of bugs me tho. Propper hottie podium girls replaced by some LA hags in Rock Racing clothing doing some weird fashionista puckering like "we dont actually have to kiss the stage winner do we, because we're not really into cyclists" bullshit.

:lol:

The kiss? I always thought after the stage winner gets complementary blow jobs behind the podium?

anyway. got off work early today. rode 5km on trails. then 30km on the road..............but it was into a fucking headwind the whole way. it was ridiculous. yet enjoyable. especially the hills. now im gonna make me a sammich.

going past 90 degrees puts extra strain on your knees and tendons. don't do it...

here's what i've been doing for the past 7 or so months.

crossfit

i feel better than i have in my entire life. in combination w/ cycling and running (and some climbing, not as much as i'd like).

its a pretty "covers everything" workout plan.

Yo this site is pretty cool, thanks.

So I get a call from my friend who got hit the other day telling me I should've come up to davis cus I missed Amgen. I ask him if he boo'd Rock Racing, but he just laughs and says "Uh, dude Adam is on rockracing." Adam is my friend's roomate who just turned 21 and apparently is now fucking pro, and on the one team I loved to hate. Now I dunno If I should continue hating on Rock Racing. Anyway he's one of the alternates, so I dont know if he'll actually race in the Amgen.

Anyway here's his bio. http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=127093

i've lined up at some races with this kid. hes a fucking beast. one of the stronger juniors around during his time.

JOKER....what kind of ride is that your wifee got??

The one she got looks exactly like that one I posted, but her bike is made by Electra and is called the Royal 8... I believe. It's brand new for '08. Lots of updates from the '07 model. The bike I posted a photo of is a brand called Azor... and about twice the price of what the wife got. There are definite differences between the two bikes but not enough that would make me want to drop twice as much on the bike.

wow, get that bullshit fuji track bike away from all the shit i just posted. one speed? yeah, there is one speed. glad you informed us all, genius.

p.s. next time i see someone throw a nuts-to-stem skid to try and "show off", i just may push them off their bike.

HAHA, nuts to steam. Ride down market street kinda slow, these fags blow past me towards a red light just; to skid. I just ride past them inform them that they left there coolness back at the light, saltine crackers.

went out for a quick ride six mile ride yesterday afternoon on the bike i fixed up, a miyata 110. it's running pretty well so far, i need to pickup a new seat cover, pedals, and give it a more through cleaning next weekend, maybe repaint it too.

but i'm pretty happy with it, hopefully i can make it out for another ride today.

here's a stock picture:

ChuckBicycle.jpg

How important is running for bike training? Not talking tri-athlon, strictly for racing track. I think I want to start off just doing points and scratch races in the summer and figure things out from there. I know running isn't going to do much for my legs, I'm talking about aerobic capacity. Usually I run 1-2 miles when going t the gym.

Cross training is a good thing. In the off season I cross train one to two days a week. Usually running for about ten miles. Keep in mind that running requires the use of different muscle groups that what cycling calls for so you're not really going to gain strength by running... unless you are going up a lot of stairs or hills. As for endurance from running... not sure. It hasn't helped me any (this is where I should put some sort of quirky emoticon, but I refuse).

just copped this Scott Reflex 60 from your friendly neighborhood crack dealer for 40$....

its worth like 300... thats a come up, even tho im sure he traDED it for a 10 piece...

you can pickem up new in a shop for $300...you'd be lucky to get $125 used.

as soon as spring rolls around I'm selling all my road frames...Bianchi, couple motobecanes, falcon, western flyer, fuji, takara and probably my custom ti race bike with look carbon fiber fork.

Just watched the final stage of Tour of California. The weather sucked for the final day but the racing was awesome. Two highlights for me...

Local hero Doug O makes a break for it right from the get go...

2.jpg

And Tom Zirbel of Team Bissell makes a break for it as the original break of ten guys reaches the finishing circuit. This guy hammers it for all five or six laps of the circuit and keeps the chase group of Hincapie, McCartney, Sutherland and Creed at 15 seconds for most of those laps.

2290900066_a09257a580.jpg?v=0

However, when Hincapie decided to get serious... he closed that gap in about five sconds. Ofcourse, it was with a kilometer and a half left to go. I felt super bad for Zirbel but that's racing.