2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by effyoo

Haha, i was sitting with the game on since 8 and never watched one minute of it.

So the Flames won? What a bunch of lucky motherfuckers.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. If you watched the game, you’d understand just how hard they had to work to beat the Wings. It was very entertaining, and I hope these guys take it to the finals. They beat the best team in the west, so it should be feasible.

King Bling, you are my arch nemesis.

26, I know what you’re saying. I’ve been having my heart broken every year since as far back as I’ve been a Leaf fan (conception). The Leafs haven’t won it in 37 years, and us fans are the most deserving of the Cup. This year, I watched about 75 full games of my Maple Leafs. *The rest, I missed a part of the game, or I listened to them on the radio. No sweat, I’m a dedicated fan and I can’t be mad at the guys who are on the ice breaking bones and such. Maybe things would be different tonight if Yzerman was playing. I’m glad he’ll be ok, he’s one of the greatest players ever.

I just said I never watched one minute of the game, so don't get all worked up. I don't follow hockey religiously like all good Canadians are supposed to, so forgive my lack of intrest.

The Flames came into the playoffs in what, 7th, 8th place? So yes, goddamn right they are lucky to beat Detroit.

A hard fought game in overtime proves how much heart a team contains. The Flames had the jaded old Wings on the ropes and their tired old legs just couldn't hold out anymore.

Nah, not worked up, b. But after watching a game like that, damn – you realize that saying lucky is a serious short changing. You’re right about the Wings being tired, though. They slowed down quite a bit, but I know that the Flames totally deserved this game, albeit slightly. A true case of the best team winning.

Eh, Dazzle – where’s your civic pride? I can guarantee that when a city’s team is doing so well, the economy gets rolling. It’s another reason why I hope the Maple Leafs win the Cup.

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

if you read this thread you would realize they have already clinched a berth in the eastern conference finals against the winner of flyers/toronto.

it's going to be some good hockey night, oh yeah baby, good hockey tonight.

Originally posted by Weapon X

I hope the Maple Leafs win the Cup.

Ouch! you must be hurting tonight, X!

So the Flames are the last Canadian team left? Uhhh I don't want to say it, but.... good luck you bastards.

Originally posted by effyoo

Ouch! you must be hurting tonight, X!

So the Flames are the last Canadian team left? Uhhh I don't want to say it, but.... good luck you bastards.

Hahahaha! I know how much it pains you to say that......

I feel terrible. The Leafs lose again, but at least not in an embarrassing fashion. Once again it’s to the Philadelphia Flyers.

I still can’t figure out what happened. Maybe my memory is shot, but wasn’t it a 5 on 4 for the Leafs? I saw Tucker nail Kappannen (sp), and I knew that it was our chance to score. How did a second 2 on 1 in the Leaf zone in less than 15 seconds come to be?

I really thought is was going to be Toronto’s game. Everything was going so well in overtime until those 2 on 1 chances for Philadelphia.

The subway ride back home was terrible. I felt a bitter taste in my mouth the whole time, and I wasn’t the only one. The Leaf fans were all over the trains, all silent, with that same bitter taste I had.

I’m not joking when I say that food doesn’t taste as good anymore, nor do women seem so enticing.

What the fuck happened? This was supposed to be our year. I know I say this every year, but for real, this was the year.

Or so I thought. After all those trade deadline acquisitions, those injuries, the subsequent recoveries – it’s over.

There is a lockout next year, so many of our veteran players won’t be around. I have already begun my prayers for re-signing Gary Roberts and Ed Belfour. We are fortunate enough to have a decent core of young players, but what of Brad Boyes and Alyn McAuley? We gave them up to San Jose for Owen Nolan last season, and right there, a good portion of our future was squandered.

I only had a few beers last night, but when I got home, I was eye level with the toilet. I sat in my room after, with the lights on, in my jeans, not moving for a very long time.

I woke up today feeling better, but I still have no motivation to do much of anything productive.

I’m sure I will get over this soon, as I talk with other hurting friends and fans.

What can I say? Go Flames!

It was a good season, and a great game. Props to Roenick for scoring his fourth career OT playoff goal. I still can’t get over those shots of him that CBC was showing (where he was rapping that RUN DMC song on the bench before the game).

Originally posted by Weapon X

I still can’t figure out what happened. Maybe my memory is shot, but wasn’t it a 5 on 4 for the Leafs? I saw Tucker nail Kappannen (sp), and I knew that it was our chance to score. How did a second 2 on 1 in the Leaf zone in less than 15 seconds come to be?

I really thought is was going to be Toronto’s game. Everything was going so well in overtime until those 2 on 1 chances for Philadelphia.

!

Yeah dude, they had it up until then, and though it may have looked that way, no I don't think it was 5 on 4 for anyone. The Leafs were out some key players, there is always next season, hell, I've been saying that all my life as well. But then again at playoff time we've never been a "contender".

lots of tough calls to make now. tampa bay in five. san jose (or calgary) in seven. san jose, sorry flames, red wings, canucks fans.

• 2 weeks later...

WOOO! This is turning into a thriller of a game! Damn, Primeau scores with just a minute forty one left in the game. OT is coming up, possibly.

Those of you watching the Pistons/Nets game, turn it to ESPN because the Flyers/Lightening game will provide you with much entertainment!

• 3 weeks later...

gloat, gloat, gloat. yeah, your guys played good, esp. robyn regher, kiprisoff (i thought he was russian, finland, close enough), iginla. yeah, tampa. yeah, andrychuk, muckler, sarich, ramsey, and tortorello, and everyone else i forgot with sabres ties. got to love the lightning. sabres in '05.

Boy, was it nice to see Andrychuk lift up that Cup.

It was also nice to hear Conroy (I think it was Conroy) say that they refuse to be an Anaheim or a Carolina, and they plan to be back in the playoffs for the next while.

Great series, great game 7. I’m sad to see the Flames lose, but you know what’s amazing? They’re still celebrating in Calgary. Good for them.

Archived