quit smoking...

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest -MOE LESTER-

i only smoke like 2 or 3 a day tops so i dont think i have a real problem

i dont think i can go cold turkey, but i can definately go without one for a few hours

im having problems with the lady right now, (not anal related), so im gonna go have a turkish royal

i quit a little over 3 weeks ago. if you want it, you can be it. i apparently don't want to quit drinking enough yet...i have school tomorrow...and am drunk with less than 5 hours until school time. it's the first week week...so i'm pretending that i don't care.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm still smoke-free. I have to say the feeling of actually breathing is a high motive these last 3 days...feeling good. Tommorow i start TKD obsessivly again so the exercise might be exactly what i need

^ I agree 100%

If you really want to stop smoking, it's not hard.

Today is one full week for me and it's been easy.

There's been a few times where I got hit with a minor craving,

but I used this little trick to beat it:

'smokers want cigarettes, and I'm not a smoker,

therefore there's no reason for me to want one'

okay, guys. i've discovered a method that works for me 100%. i call it "chrono trigger rehab." what you do is download an snes emulator and chrono trigger. any spare time you have that you normally spend smoking, you spend playing chrono trigger.*

*this may not work if you smoke in your house.

Originally posted by test pattern@Jan 10 2006, 02:11 PM

okay, guys. i've discovered a method that works for me 100%. i call it "chrono trigger rehab." what you do is download an snes emulator and chrono trigger. any spare time you have that you normally spend smoking, you spend playing chrono trigger.*

*this may not work if you smoke in your house.

Heh.... definitely. If I'm doing something engrossing (i.e. playing a game like Chrono Trigger) I can go hours without thinking about having a cigarette..... or thinking about anything other than what I'm doing, for that matter.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Well i keep philishophising about this more and more. Here are some results, personal and universal

A) if you want to quit smoking, cutting down doesnt cut it. Theres simply no way you gonna be reducing your smokes to the point of zero. On the other hand, fuck ethics, cutting down is better than smoking more so if thats all you're in the position to do, do it and dont feel weak for not being in the position to go cold turkey.

B)If you smoke ALOT its easier to quit. I know it sounds crazy but i really believe that. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day for years and years. Lately i was feeling weak, spitting black gooey shit everytime i coughed and scary bullshit like that. It was impossible to keep up with my habbit and manage to have some healthy life at the same time so one had to go. The day i quit, i felt better cause the daily dose of bullshit that went into my system was WAY OUT OF LINE. If i was a 5 cigs per day smoker, i wouldnt feel weak so i could never possibly hate smoking so much in order to quit.

C) Dont lie, i never said to my self...i'll never smoke again. At the current time i hate smoking, i dont feel i need it and i really wanna take care of my self in order to feel better physically, still, in six months from now, i might be on a summer bar outside drinking cuba libres' and watching hot girls everywhere in the place and very much enjoy smoking again. I dont care, the less dogmatic you are, the better your chances in succeeding.

D) I've only quit for 3 days and its pathetic that i wrote so many things about it already, haha

Day 4

I had a couple of jays last night and I don't think they were spun, but no ciggarettes. I was drinking, but luckily it wasn't around any smokers. I would have broke for sure if they were any ciggarettes floating around.

Still I don't think I have the capacity to brake this no smoking shit by actually buying some.

Archived