Does anyone one else do this?

kaesthebluntedwonder

For the superbowl my roomates and I threw a party, complete with pre-game Tecmo Superbowl on the OG Nintendo. For events such as this, we have an order we follow in terms of beer drinking, and I was wondering if anyone does anything similar. The order went like this:

1st) 1 Schlitz Ice

2nd) 3 Strohs

3rd) 3 Labatt Blues

4th) Yuengling

After that you can have whatever. It's hard to keep track of how much you've had by the time you get to the 3rd Strohs and the 3rd Labatt, so I probably had an extra one of each, at least. Anyway, I recommend some of you out there give this a shot. You'd be amazed at how good Yuengling tastes after you've been through all the other kinds of beer.

I don't have any crazy pictures from the party, but I can share with you a picture of my cat.

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/images/ginko_010804.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

class? labatt is class? oh yeah, I forgot they but fancy labels on the blue south of the border to pass it off as some "imported" beer. I guess it is technically. Suprised you americans havent tried to do the same with PBR or Mickey's. It might work....you never know.

Originally posted by kaesthebluntedwonder

It doesn't have to be those brands in particular. All it is is just gradually going from low quality beer to high quality beer.

if youre going to have an order, why wouldnt you go high quality to low quality so you can actually enjoy the money you spent on it. by the time i got to the high quality sessions, i could be drinking piss for all i could taste.

Originally posted by ese

class? labatt is class? oh yeah, I forgot they but fancy labels on the blue south of the border to pass it off as some "imported" beer. I guess it is technically. Suprised you americans havent tried to do the same with PBR or Mickey's. It might work....you never know.

Not once did I claim Labatt is class, nor did I claim Yuengling as being class. But c'mon, compared to the other stuff both taste a lot better and you can definitely tell the difference. And PBR, yeah that's really good stuff right there. You cats up north should catch on soon mang.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

There's practically no good beer around here, so usually it goes from Coors Light to Budweiser to Heineken and usually stops there. And we usually do the opposite... drink the good beer while still sober, then switch to shit beer when we're too drunk to give a shit about the taste.

Also, there is always a swell amount of rum consumed in between.

1) 2 Heinekens

2) 2 Rum and cokes

3) 4 Budweisers

4) 3 Rum and cokes

5) 6 Coors lights

well, I dont think I do that normally but this weekend I had a ritual of drinking 2 guinnesses before settling down with jack. then after a bunch of jack, start making irish car bombs. thats pretty much how sunday went.

Im down with some PBR. cheap...good cheap.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

There's practically no good beer around here, so usually it goes from Coors Light to Budweiser to Heineken and usually stops there. And we usually do the opposite... drink the good beer while still sober, then switch to shit beer when we're too drunk to give a shit about the taste.

Also, there is always a swell amount of rum consumed in between.

1) 2 Heinekens

2) 2 Rum and cokes

3) 4 Budweisers

4) 3 Rum and cokes

5) 6 Coors lights

We waited until after we had completed the order to start with whiskey shots, but I think next time we'll insert those in between as you suggested.

And really, are you cats saying that after 7 beers you'd be too drunk to tell the difference between the not so good beer and the more decent stuff? If you're doing rum and cokes in between you need not answer that question.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Well, if all that's being drunk is beer, drunkeness wouldn't exactly be a factor after 7 beers, more like "spoiled palatte". If I drink a lot of shit beer then switch to good beer, it will taste a lot more bitter than it usually should.

But this also works the other way around, cause if you switch from good beer to bad beer without being drunk enough, the bad beer tastes AWFUL. Just make sure you're well drunk before you go for it. Lately I've been switching from rum and cokes to rum on the rocks and I'm well sauced by the time we get to the Coors. I can't stand Coors any other way. And since Coors is pretty much water, it smoothes out the transition from drunkeness to hangover country.

Mams, I understand you point. To me though, and this is just me, the better beer tasted fine after all the other stuff...of course it was all well spaced out which might have something to do with it. Maybe next time I'll try it with some variations, or the other way around or whatever.

We went from jack and coke to just shots of jack, but by that time I was dancing over people on the arm rests of the couch and what not.

Originally posted by LENS

I dunno.....since everything ends up getting sloshed around in your stomach it really makes no diff what order your booze gets drinken in. That's what experience has taught me at any rate.

Liquor before beer, never fear

Beer before liquor... uh... kill a fella.

me and my cousin noticed some classic tecmo super bowl run plays in the big game. we both looked at each other and were like "ohh shit! DOWN B!"

but we were just drinking classic bud-light the whole night. :o

y0 B w3 $m0k3n d3M kR0n1k bLuNtZ! d@t hYpN0 kRo$$eD w1fF hYdR0 @nD m1XX3d w1FF d@t h@z3!!! y@ h3rD! n0 $eEdZ!!

really, what the fuck is a "Chronic Blunt"?

Archived