=+= J's Mega-awesome-thread =+= "The Plan" =+=

Guest j

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Tesseract

what are these diamond push ups? explain

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Pushups while forming a diamond with the thumbs and index fingers on each hand... I remember trying those out and nearly destroying myself, they work the shit out of you. Good call...

http://www.wildgoose.net/images/dy-hands.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seeking

...........but when you start collapsing around 2 or 3, you'll know the deal.

sweet christ you werent kidding. those were good though. I feel like Ive accomplished something rather than just doing a bunch of pushups normally.

yoink,

if you're bending your back, you're a pussy.

just kidding.

but yeah, this works your back alot also. as well as your shoulders, and your tri's. just concerntrate on your form, keeping your back straight, staying in control. even if you can only do a couple of them, the important thing is that your maxing out. it doesnt matter if its 5 or 50, pushing yourself to your limit is what builds the muscle.

Ooooooooh, I totally know those... don't think they have a name in bboying, but if they did, they'd be an airbaby variation.

I can hold that on one hand (the one the knee rests on), while drinking a beer with the other. :)

By the way, if you can already hold that with no problem, you got excellent balance, and the planche should be relatively easier for you to get.

....I can hold that on one hand (the one the knee rests on), while drinking a beer with the other. :)

teach me Jedi Master....;)

I actually held the tucked planche today for a few seconds but I was on two suspeded bars...I find it easier than straight off the ground.

I can hold that on one hand (the one the knee rests on), while drinking a beer with the other. :)

blah, fuck you and your being able to do airbabies. I used to practice those things all the time and all it got me was strangely positioned bruises and lots of frustration. Sticking those and airchairs is such a nice feeling though, despite the minimal amounts of times i have. Any specific hints on the airbabies, or is it just the mass amount of practice like i'd expect and finding the right balance point?

airbabies are what mams is talking about. holding yourself up by one hand with one of your knees resting on your elbow. Like these(google image search, not me)

http://members.aol.com/TinyHajime/leader.1airbaby.jpg'>

http://ninjaflare.netfirms.com/onehandairbaby.jpg'>

airchairs are weird as hell. They're kinda like a one handed sidestabbed pose, but instead your elbow is stabbed in your back. Hard to explain if you don't breakdance at all. Hard to do. random guy doing one:

http://www.musd.org/calhills/kidwebs/MnarnieSweb/airchair.jpg'>

old picture of me doing an elbow airchair:

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MrScojangles/elbow.jpg'>

bleah, i need to start exercising/dancing again. Damn this freezing weather and my lack of motivation.

word understandable that there not easy to pick up and all. I just hate sifting through bboy forums and what not, cause well, too much jargon and I dont breakdance so...yeah.. I wouldnt mind gettin more moves down though...its funstuff.

1) I am quite drunk at the moment. Feel free to ignore whatever I say on forth.

2) Airchairs are fucking stupid hard, elbow airchairs are beyond stupid hard because shit done on your elbow is 700% more painful. I could never in a thousand years hit an elbow airchair, even though I got normal airchairs pretty good, because my elbows are sensitive as fuck and they damage my soul.

3) Chups, I tried one-handed airbabies for over a year and a half with no improvement whatsoever... it wasn't until Mike the Cure from FGZ told me the crucial details I needed to get it... and once you get a one-hand airbaby, you get all sorts of one-hand things immediately, like yoink's freeze.

So here's what you need:

• You should be able to hold an airbaby with two hands like it's preschool activity.

• STIFFNESS. One of my biggest errors was to leave my body slightly limp so I could try to adjust parts of it while on the go. This is a big NO. Stiffen up your body as much as possible, rely on your forearm and wrist muscles to do the balance adjustment for you. It's gonna be hard on your wrist at first, but it will become the key to balance. You're gonna start to feel how all your separate forerarm muscles relax and contract in unison to keep the mass afloat.

• Do NOT lift your rear leg like the first picture. Keep it straight and close to the floor. The very best way to find the balance threshhold is with seesawing, bouncing from the tip of your extended foot to your outstretched hand. Have both your hand AND your foot touching down, and slowly lift them, tapping back and forth between the two. You'll be in this phase for a while, but combine it with keeping your body as stiff as possible and letting your wrist do the balance work, and I guarantee, you'll have it in a month.

• Once you get the airbaby, you'll find all sorts of one-handed shit unbelievably easy to do. Yoink's freeze, one handed, will arrive in a matter of days. It's like your body, all of a suden, understands what it's like standing on one hand... not unlike getting windmills for the first time... your body all of a sudden understood what the fuck was up, and you went apeshit cause it just felt so "right".

And that should be it. I got bent-arm poses down pat (all the weight rests on the elbow), now I'm trying to get stretched-arm stuff, which is really fucking hard (all the weight relies on muscles). My goal is to go from airbaby to one-hand handstand to hand hops back to airbaby, all on one hand. Do-Knock from Battle Monkeys and Chris from Knuckleheadz have it really good. I really don't know why I want to do it, but it seems like an achievable goal and one that will impress girls and make them want to do me for some unexplainable reason other than believing they will think "Holy shit, if this guy can do all that stuff on one hand, imagine what he can do in bed".

I mean, that's why people break, right?

yeah, the elbow shit kills if you don't have anything on your elbow, but when i used to practice them i'd throw on a pad or a wristband over my elbow or something. The only reason i ever learned elbow airchairs is becuase i already had some other elbow poses down and i was just angry that i couldn't do normal airchairs so i had to compensate by doing something similar and that ended up being easier for me.

update:

getting better at the frogs.. think my wrists are getting stronger. and I am also able to honestly report that I'm getting better with the pushups. It's just taking some time.

and on the racquetball front:

Greetings Racquetballers! The official xxxxx tournament will be

starting in two weeks. I have attached a copy of the tournament rules for

you to look over. The rules will also be posted on our tournament website,

which will be ready very soon. We will post the match-ups on the website

at the beginning of each round. It will be your responsibility to contact

your opponent, schedule a match (including booking a court time) and report

the outcome. Players' email addresses will be provided on the website.

Approximately half of the players in the tournament are experts (i.e., have

played before), and half are beginners. Because one of the goals of the

tournament is to meet other people in the department, experts and beginners

will sometimes play each other. Please be nice!

For beginners, we will be having an optional introductory session to help

you become familiar with the rules and techniques of the game. This

session will be held Tuesday, Feb. 10 at 4pm at Racquetball Court B in xxxxxx. Please let xxxxxx or me know if you will be attending so we

know about how many to expect.

oh snap, practice tomorrow! I can't wait :)

Originally posted by Tesseract

I dont wanna see this under page 2..keep it bumped

aw man tesser, you're going to make me work harder now! (haha, no big deal :D)

wordbumps.

the pushup program is crazy fun. I guess if working out can get to crazy fun status....but it does work, or atl east feel like it, I most def. feel the burn...Ive been trying to do the lex program twice a day, and in the mix do some diamond hand pushups, inclined pushups, and during the 10,9,8, thing vary the width of my arms. seems to work.

on another note racquet-ball seems like it would be fun, howd that shit go J?

Re: wordbumps.

Originally posted by yoink

the pushup program is crazy fun. I guess if working out can get to crazy fun status....but it does work, or atl east feel like it, I most def. feel the burn...Ive been trying to do the lex program twice a day, and in the mix do some diamond hand pushups, inclined pushups, and during the 10,9,8, thing vary the width of my arms. seems to work.

on another note racquet-ball seems like it would be fun, howd that shit go J?

There is a introductory lesson for us beginners today at 4:00.. I'm psyched.

I've been sore after doing the pushup deal.. hopefully that means that it's working! And I'm definitely having fun falling on my head doing frogs.. at least my girlfriend thinks it's funny. Oh yeah, I'm back with my old girl.. forgot to mention that! So things have been going awesome as of lately.

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~kidblount/kb.gif'>

J, that's cool you're taking a sort of class for racquetball. I've been playing for 2 years or so and I still have to guess at what the rules are. I can play, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely just how I found things to work for me, not anything taught to me by someone. So in other words, you'll probably be pretty bad ass at racquetball and could probably kick my ass. Good luck mang.

Yeah, raquetball seems like alot of fun. I played Squash for the first time last week. It's fun as hell also, there's just alot less bounce in the ball, i'm assuming.

So. i didn't stretch properly before we (me and the hot 31 year old lawyer) started playing. I used to play alot of soccer a few years ago so i thought i was good to go. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Good thing she didn't know how to play, because i was tight five minutes into the hour we had the court booked, and for the next 4 days i was feeling new muscles in my ass and legs that i didn't know existed.

Moral: STRETCH!

PS i'm still on the frogs and busting pecs with the lex pushups. Jazzercize represent!

Archived