=+= J's Mega-awesome-thread =+= "The Plan" =+=

Guest j

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kaesthebluntedwonder

Find someone to play racquetball with everyday, I guarantee you'll be hooked.

That's a damn good idea.. some of the people I work with do that here at work. (I work at a private college.. they have racquetball courts and everything) It never really hit me until you said it now. I think I'm going to ask the one research assistant (good looking girl, I might add) about it today.

Thanks bro http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

i'm usually an introvert if i'm alone at a public place. if i'm with friends or at work. extrovertness.

See, that's how I usually am too.. but that means I really don't meet any new people (which is my goal actually.. I think I might be confusing some of you guys with how I stated my problem)

Just getting this out and talking about it is really helping me out big time. Thanks for everyone's comments so far. As an added note, I volunteered to photograph somewhere around 150 individual students today for a professor's lecture here at work.. that should give me a chance to talk to some new people.. :idea:

Of course, I'll still be nervous about it.

Originally posted by ares

I have a hard time setting a strict routine, for myself, so working out usually doesn't happen.

Same here. I do it for about a week or two and then I fall off. Makes me feel good when I do weightlift, however.

Originally posted by j

That's a damn good idea.. some of the people I work with do that here at work. (I work at a private college.. they have racquetball courts and everything) It never really hit me until you said it now. I think I'm going to ask the one research assistant (good looking girl, I might add) about it today.

Thanks bro http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

Let me know how that goes mang. I'm dying to get back to school so I can start playing myself.

As for making things a routine and sticking to them, I would suggest picking up a book I got for xmas this year called "The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp. It's not for "artsy" types exclusively, it's for anyone who wants to find creative solutions for whatever problems one might encounter, whether you are a writer, business exec, etc etc...

She says if you make things a ritual, and attach an almost religious feel to it, you won't second guess yourself and say "Why am I playing racquetball/lifting weights today when I could be asleep on the couch?" It'll just be what you do, no ifs ands or buts...except girls' butts at the gym, oh yes.

J,

I'm gonna hook you up with the patented 'Lex-Dimes' push-up program. when i explain it, you'll say 'awe man, thats nothing' but then you'll try it, and you'll be like....'whoa seeks, Lex-Dimes sure knows his shit'. i'll just shake my head in agreement, like 'yup, Lex be knowing'.

do ten push ups, stand up, take ten breaths, drop down, do 9 push ups, stand up, 9 breaths, drop down, 8 push ups, stand up, 8 breaths etc, etc, till you get down to 0.

it doesnt sound like much, but when you start collapsing around 2 or 3, you'll know the deal.

it only takes about 3 minutes but trust me, do it twice a day you'll be seeing a difference in a week.

you and i are built the same way, which is dope, cause just a little bit of work goes a long way. and on the low, girls love skinny guys who are all cut up.

it gets em moist.

good to see you back homie.

Originally posted by kaesthebluntedwonder

Let me know how that goes mang. I'm dying to get back to school so I can start playing myself.

As for making things a routine and sticking to them, I would suggest picking up a book I got for xmas this year called "The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp. It's not for "artsy" types exclusively, it's for anyone who wants to find creative solutions for whatever problems one might encounter, whether you are a writer, business exec, etc etc...

She says if you make things a ritual, and attach an almost religious feel to it, you won't second guess yourself and say "Why am I playing racquetball/lifting weights today when I could be asleep on the couch?" It'll just be what you do, no ifs ands or buts...except girls' butts at the gym, oh yes.

Nabbed that book from Amazon. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope to talk to some people about racquetball before I leave work today.

Just got back from taking those pics.. I ended up taking over 100 pictures! So I really didn't get to do much small talk because we were trying to get done quickly, but there's always the chance I'll run into someone down the road and they'll remember the friendly guy who took their picture, hopefully :o I guess every little bit helps.

Not much activity at the courts right now.

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~kidblount/rbcourt.jpg'>

Originally posted by seeking

and on the low, girls love skinny guys who are all cut up.

it gets em moist.

That's my plan ;)

Thanks for the advice seeks.. I'm going to give that a shot tonight.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon27.gif'>http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~kidblount/kb.gif'>http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

i have no legs

i have no legs

i have no legs

i have no legs

..............................................PRICELESS...............................

i dont believe i've ever laughed so hard and loud in a library before in my life....

Good luck man. For putting on weight i recommend eating as much as you can of a good balanced diet, and for toning up, weights and swimming before/after.

as for being the life of the party, just listen to your gut. always listen when it speaks (lol). also, alcohol greatly enhances humour.

also don't forget the darkside.after daylight it will go dark.

Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

im telling you man, it's no joke.

dont feel weak cause you couldnt do it. if you could finish it easily, it wouldnt be doing you any good.

if you arent ready to jump right into a gym, which is a daunting task when you're by yourself, and skinny, i would suggest copping a curling bar, two hand bars, and about 80 pounds of weights.

put enough weight on so you can do 3 reps of 8-10. if you can finish the last set, you're not putting enough on.

i would do 3 sets of biceps and triceps (one bi, one tri, rest a minute, then repeat). then i would do 3 sets of 'butterfly' curls. lay on your back with the weights above you, spread your arms out and drop them down to the floor, but dont let them hit. now bring them back together in the middle, but again, dont let them touch. its kind of awkward to describe, but i assume you get the idea. its just like butterfly's, but lying down, and with free weights.

i also do these sort of propped up against my couch, so my body is at an angle, like doing incline bench presses.

if you're really feeling crazy, throw in some military presses as well (lifting the weights straight up over your shoulders, then back down).

ok, i need to work now.

good luck.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

I just finished that push up thing. Although I got through it, it was a real struggle when I got to 4.

Haha, exactly what happened to me. Shit is no joke, I'ma start doing em every day myself.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Everysummer i transform into a well shaped human being due to the daily 5 hour stay at the beach and the 2 hour of total swimming..i swear to god theres no better way to exercise, totally unboring and works the whole body....too bad i despise swimming pools so much as a winter solution

Guest imported_El Mamerro

J, if you want a nifty goal with very tangible results, that will allow you to do something neat most people look at and cringe, and which will work the SHIT out of every single muscle in your body, may I suggest: planche training

http://home.earthlink.net/~utzdana/images/photo12.jpg'>

Yeah, I know it looks burly... this is because it really IS fucking burly. However, as impossible as it may seem, it is definitely achievable within a a few months with about a minute every day of training. I got it in around 4-5 months or so, and though it wasn't as perfect as that dude's, it was pretty decent (something like this, with my ass a little too high and my back at an angle... the object is to hold the body as parallel as possible to the floor) and it got me decently toned (went from where you are at right now to this, and my arms got huge) and made me strong as fuck for my weight. I've since gotten lazy and can't do it very well any more, but it's because I've focused on another goal (one-hand handstands and handhops), and because I've been drinking a lot.

If you're interested in any way of embarking on this ridiculous journey, let me know and I'll drop the info on how to do it.

Archived