UK COMMUTER TRAINS

trainspotter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Icon@Jan 13 2006, 09:15 AM

keep on betting matey. after the 2nd post on it, it was just on principal. jus on the point of anyone with the same name.

I agree with Icon on this - your nearly always going to reuse a name - knowledge of multiple countries scenes is a luxury that only people who have been painting for time have - conversly there often the people who do very little any more. When you start, you want to paint, someone with the same tag in a different country is hardly likely to bother you that much!

I can think of at least 3 other people in the UK who have had or have the same tag as me, and quite a few in various other countries, however i'm not likely to change mine cause of that...

Not saying that Vino is that great, but then the LDS one doesn't rock my boat either...

Wow first post in years!

Originally posted by whatson@Jan 13 2006, 03:52 PM

seems like these boys are hot onit at the moment... hope they're roll comes to an end. the flames of envy are kindling

:hatred: :hatred: :hatred:

hot on painting the same yard night after night :haha: good luck to them

its clearly a common fact that words are used all over the world. only kings may have their own name, and thats for a reason. nobody else matters

If you find the pannel funny...try the interview........

MAD#J interview

Journal Entry: Sat Dec 24, 2005, 10:52 AM

MAD#J

Firstly, how would you describe what you're about i.e: Spray-paint, trains, walls, stickers etc?

I'm all about the paintwork man, trains of all kinds, tracksides, walls, skateparks, public toilets... anywhere man... I also do stickers, sketches and digital work... but I'm mainly about the paints...

How would you describe your style?

Its still very much a closed bubble style... I'm trying to get into a more open-cut bubble style now... I still reckon sharp styles and tech styles are a bit ify... I'm tryin to knock out some detailed fills at the moment but they're still pretty simple, I think its mainly due to lack of paint lol.

Where do you represent if anywhere?

Plymouth and Devon man, thats where its at for me.

Whats your feeling on the constant buff these days?

It gets on my nerves... but in some ways it can help you to be honest, I did a really crap piece the other night, I wasnt feelin it at all... but the next day it had been buffed... so I was actualy happy it had been scrapped... but sometimes mainly when descent stickers I do get buffed... man... its so annoying!

Why do you put your work up on the streets? What drives you to do it?

I do what I do for the fun yeah, but I wont bullshit you, I love gettin props! I love it when people find out I'm MAD#J and they're feelin my work and they clap hands with me and shit... its an awesome feelin, but to be honest I prefer gettin props from non graff related peeps... other artists only do thier shit for other writers to see... but me... its all for the general public mainly teens and kids growing up... you just gotta think 'they could be the next famous writer in your enz' and if you were one of the artists that influenced them as a kid... man I'd love to be remembered like that....

How long have you been writing?

I been sketchin a long, long time, prolly bout 3 or 4 years, but I've only been fully painting and bombing for a year now...

Have you managed to make any profit from your work or is it completely noncorporate?

Right now my shit is for me and whoever sees it... it'd be nice to make some profit... though it would just be spent on more paint...

How heavy is the law enforcement in your area?

Its pretty chilled to be honest, theres bigger crimes where I come from so the police already got thier hands full so they dont come after kids who paint walls, they'll only come and rip your house apart if you really piss em off... its just a matter of drawing heat, if you wanna be a wanted artist then just kill a shitload of passengers and fuck up a load of houses and people's cars... tag a few graves and monuments... that would definitely get you some heat and alot of disrespect... theres some things you should just know not to graff... but if you play it cool and hit a few shitty subways and a couple of trains a month you should be fine...

Whats the craziest spot you've hit?

Up on this huge girder under marshmills or maybe that rooftop tag in CC... hhmmm...

Are you a part of a crew?

Not really... one of my partners in crime wants me in the NKS but it isnt final yet, I gotta prove myself a bit first...

Where do you feel your work is headed?

I think a tech bubble style... but I cant say... I wanna paint up some more characters so it might go that way...

What music best illistrates your art-work?

Underground hip-hop, mainly U.S, shit like: Murs, J5, Dr Octagon....

What fashion trends do you follow (if any)?

I just wear what I like... mainly colourful stuff... I like colour :p

But its all gotta match... I dont just walk around lookin like a rainbow... lol

whats you're favourite colour skeme?

Baby blue and Pink fills, red or yellow details, black outlines...

Do you have beef with any other artists? if yes why?

Yeah, but they're just toys; 'Blitz' and 'Swizzle'... If I see thier names up they're gettin crossed...

I only have beef with people who start it with me, 'Rival' started beef with me cus I had apparently crossed him... this is complete rubbish... I have no beef with im now, I think its sorted...

But my final word on this is that people just gotta respect a writers right to write ;)

Peace

What writers/artists are you feelin at the moment?

Oh yeah, I'm lovin Merks new Euro style, its pretty awesome but hes completely underground so no links, sorry...

I'm also lovin Onion's characters [link]

Any shout outs?

Merk, Roms, Onion, Bore, Sank, Gofek, Dyen, Jeus, Azis, Ears, Chex, Name, Kone/Enok, Clown, Eric329, Eron, Washu and everyone else reppin Devon county...

Peace

Archived