the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

youe got some fine detail work, but they're still coming off pretty flat man.

you ought to work on your variation and of the forms that make up the characters

as well as the setting. you already know that the bottom of the compostion

is whats supposed to be the foreground and therefore the top of the frame

becomes the background, thats basic. now, apply that sort of size variation to

the characters themselves.

250px-CaptainAmerica109.jpg

you look at this, he leaps off the page not just because of his placement and

where the colors are laid out, but it works in conjunction with how different

parts of his body are sized. his fist and foot both look about the same size as

his entire head.

captain-america-drawn.gif

even here, standing still, without any dynamic motion, the placement of his arm overlaying

his torso, which in turn overlays his other arm, theres subtle scaling going on that really gives

the piece its depth.

this is not some shit you nail down on your next piece, people work their asses off

for years before they achieve this level of proficiency ( i couldnt pull it off for shit)

so just keep painting, and study up, and youll see your shit get better over time.

Definitely Noted Man, I'm Struggling With The Overall Composition And Muscle Structure Right Know, Thank God For Comic's So I Can Study Up On

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

IMAG0412.jpg

i am not calling crisismiami a biter at all because i have always admired his skill and thoroughly enjoy the originality and technique of his sketches...

however i have to ask if decyferon drew that for you as an exchange or something?

looks alot like his steeze.

maybe im just high.

carry on.

**i think its just the lack of 3D and the black and white composition upon second look.

im a retard.

feelin that M.

i am not calling crisismiami a biter at all because i have always admired his skill and thoroughly enjoy the originality and technique of his sketches...

however i have to ask if decyferon drew that for you as an exchange or something?

looks alot like his steeze.

maybe im just high.

carry on.

**i think its just the lack of 3D and the black and white composition upon second look.

im a retard.

feelin that M.

nope no exchange and honestly i dont see much resemblance in style. decy is a dope writer but i wouldnt bite him or any one for that matter. fortunately i can come up with shit on my own, im not saying i have the most unique style out there but i do try to put my own originality on things....must be some potent weed.

• Like 1

These got buried on the last page...

DHL for NOVER:

Nover%20DHL.jpg

DHL for TUCK (he does characters):

Tuck%20DHL.jpg

DHL for DIZOE:

Dizoe%20DHL.jpg

DHL for MONE:

Mone%20exchange.jpg

DHL for MEK:

Mek%20DHL.jpg

More exchanges coming... but eventually, I gotta put exchanges on hold and get back to my own shit.

I'm using Prismas, Copics and Touch Twins with Sharpies and Markits.

The problem is, my outliner pens are always these water-based Papermates.

They streak like hell if I use markers over them. So I outline last.

The grainyness comes from marker pulling pencil lead into the ink and also some

bleed from the paper and the fact that these are blown up much larger then real life.

They are DHL's and look so much better in person.

No excuses. I'm trying different things all the time. On Mone's piece, I'm using a lot of

colored pencil for the shading.

7133619655_64e6f3c8eb_c.jpg

not sure how i feel about this one

good page so far, props all!

how bout a lil fire scarecrow

Scarecrowfinal.jpg

all i did was whistle.... good shit guys.

and the swem sketches are dope love the leter structures.

not pickin favorites! good page all around guys! glad there are other huge comic heads on this thread. just copped the full wetworks series myself last week:scrambled: :scrambled:

7138049275_b032f91b6a_c.jpg

Im not satisfied with the result, dont drink and draw...

Yesterday i was drunk and i was all like, yeah fuck yeah, these colors rock.

And now, meh, not so much...

Pretty sure ill add some details and improvements later on, will upload a new picture for those who care then as well. But for now;

Shin Starwars page. Its Shaak-Ti. Dont ask, i know nothing about starwars. I just googled Rule 34 and this chick came up.

I like the letters mason but that piece lacks flow. That S cow is too out pf place too lol.

2012-05-05_18-46-45_133.jpg

satire Exchange

thsi is fire. the beveled parts are on point. and your i looks like a crazy robot type thing. you should do a burner of just that mechanical looking style with the whips to make a body or something.

yeah idk the s,o,n is wack ill prolly just redo it. good looks on the crits

ooooo the kidd is back stuck in the crib for the next two months working on music ...back on my blackbook grind on downtime....shouts to tesk i i have an excahnge i have to color i started months ago....the last thing i saw in this thread by u left people in here in the dust applaud the man.....besides the rest are ahhhhhhhh so so .....lol