the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
mone, how many times are you gonna get called out for biting? i know it's a post-modern world, but come on!

http://cinar.deviantart.com/art/Wolverine-Slash-81807270?offset=20#comments

i much prefer a shitty original.

Its Obviously not my character Its a comic book character not a original graffiti character. But the ideal of making wolverine claw my name is my original idea. I think that if u are going to call characters from comics a bite then there are a lot of great biters in the graff society that insert iconic characters in to their pieces in their original way:lol:

i personally think its OK to use something that is pretty established and out there, and incorporating it into your shit, because it is apparent that it is a 'bite'.Like Mone said, niggas use Bode chars etc. By the same token Tesk 'bit' the galactus character on the same page and was not called out?

it's wrong when it's something unknown to most and therefore it's like your claiming that it is your shit cuz no one knows about it.

here's an example of me doing it wrong a while back and doing marvel chars out of my ass.

marvelf.jpg

and heres me using a reference.

6475111891_8869fb270c.jpg

All they're saying is that he took another artists interpretation/idea and just added to it. In my opinion since the character, colors, and "tear" were exactly the same, he should of at least given the original artist credit for what he had done. When posting a photo with no description ur pretty much letting people believe the entire piece/concept is your own. Using something as reference is totally different then copying something for practice.

referencing a marvel comic character is what the original artist of that Wolverine did, he referenced a character and put in his own interpretation.. to copy an established comic character is one thing, to copy an another artist's rendition of that character is another... just sayin.

The main focal point/composition of that piece is the Wolverine character and his initial slash.. imagine the piece without the character.. if it was a complimentary addition to your piece I wouldn't have thought twice about it

If it's in a sketchbook and he's not selling it, it shouldn't matter. It's basically someone doing homework. You can learn a lot from doing that.

But he is posting it on the internet with no credit to sources...

But if I draw a picture of someone else's picture do I have to give credit to the photographer? Does the photographer have to credit the people doing some funky ass yo-yo shit? Does the yo-yo person have to credit the yo-yo brand? I'm way too high...holy shit...fucking yo-yo's

My 2c

If it's a known character like a Junkwaffle, Mickey Mouse, etc. then no, everyone knows it aint yours. But if you're copying some one else's interpretation of anything, that's their work and you should probably be up front about it.

Good example is here:

some quick shit, the carachter is not mine ....

I'm not going to call Mone a biter, he does him. Myself, I'd prob state that it wasn't mine.