the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Machine Gun, those life-like sketches are pretty dope. Especially the threesixmafia one. I hate Gay-Unit by the way. But on to the point, your letters. Ummm... I say chill with the wildstyle. Y'know, extensions and arrows and whatnot. The orange one you posted was in a style that reminds me of spaghetti. Maybe even noodles. Anyways, make your shit more evident. Obvious to the eye. You don't want your viewers to guess what you are writing. Ummm... Can you post one of your simples? Please don't take this as a diss but as constructive critism. The 3D part needed some tweaking as well. But not a whole lot. How long have you've been writing?

^Oh yeah, your handstyle is better than mine so I can't say anything. My handstyle is as simple as Giant's... I guess. Not as dope though. (obviously)

--------

Plot, just keep on sketching. you're improving. Go out and paint as well. Gotta have can control as your "graffiti career" progresses. Yeah. Oh, and fix that O. It's crooked bro.

And SLYDE, is ACE yor alias or is that a crew?

Swer, I like your stuff.

tweaking

PeacE

AMEK...

Spellbound, I didn't see your post until now. Good shit.

I haven't posted in a very long time, very long. So here's a contribution.

http://kingblah.250free.com/Collagept2.bmp'>

*It's just something I threw together in my blackbook. It ain't even close to being finished. Gotta shade, throw in some photos as well as prints, color shit, and do something in photoshop. I guess you can call it a design. It's the first time I've ever done anything like it. I wish I made it a "full-pager". Oh well. I'm open for ideas or any type of constructive critism.

yup.

AMEK..

EDIT* Oh, and If you're trying to read the 3D in the background, it doesn't say anything. Keep in mind that shit's only a design. Sort of like the cover of Linkin Park's Meteora Album. Well, sort of.

virs,

go back to your other style. that thing was kinda garbage in just about every way.

mgun,

i'm such a sucker for pencil sketches of girls...nice shit. as dude said, try to keep it a little simpler. trying to add a bunch fo arrows is just gonna trip you up till you get letters solid.

Kooter:

your not virs right ? if not than you should have known that wasnt ment for you. if you were also not here for virs early stages you have no clue where he is compared to where he was. in line with that the comments fit ... with out that it can seem harsh ... but you are taking it out of context. dont sweat it and just ask for more help rather than taking shit back. come on man !!!

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by seeking

virs,

go back to your other style. that thing was kinda garbage in just about every way.

mgun,

i'm such a sucker for pencil sketches of girls...nice shit. as dude said, try to keep it a little simpler. trying to add a bunch fo arrows is just gonna trip you up till you get letters solid.

seeking that wasent my sketch man it was done by kooter

Originally posted by DrSeusLives

Machine Gun, those life-like sketches are pretty dope. Especially the threesixmafia one. I hate Gay-Unit by the way. But on to the point, your letters. Ummm... I say chill with the wildstyle. Y'know, extensions and arrows and whatnot. The orange one you posted was in a style that reminds me of spaghetti. Maybe even noodles. Anyways, make your shit more evident. Obvious to the eye. You don't want your viewers to guess what you are writing. Ummm... Can you post one of your simples? Please don't take this as a diss but as constructive critism. The 3D part needed some tweaking as well. But not a whole lot. How long have you've been writing?

thanks for the comments d00der

i am still trying to find a style of mine I don't have any simples i want to post because they are very very poor.. but right now I am going simpler

and dont worry i dont take it as a dis! i know youre trying to help and i appreciate it

i have been writing for about 1 year and couple of months

and it was fun to draw the chicks because the references were hawt :D

whenever i get too simple it looks like shit but i am trying to practice every day... all your comments have motivated me to try even harder :king:

Kooter, five months isn't long. What Seeking said was true. Your simplier shit, for instance that death piece, is alot better. You are progressing but who really gives a shit about stuff done on paper. If you want respect, you don't gain it from the internet.

good work slyde much better than the "garbage" i posted...

Have mercy. Please, don't ever say anything like that again. It's like you want people to show sympathy towards you and that VIRS piece. I'm toy too and I don't even like that VIRS piece. Coloring was good though. But not the letters. The S looked like an E.

But the point is, don't get offended by what's said over the internet. They're some dicks but I'm pretty sure Seeking isn't one of them. Y'know, people who just talk shit and say "That's a bite" and all that. What seeking said was his opinion and was true. Might be harsh but if you can't take what's said over the net, then how are you going to react when someone disses something you painted?

AIM - bboyxlonglegs

Hope this doesn't start a problem with you. Trust trying to explain shit towards you. I hate it when there's beef on threads. Well... If it's good beff then it's interesting. :) unfortunately, this isn't considered "good beef". More like stubborness. Just keep on practicing and just forget what's said over the net.

PEACE!

AMEK

Kids, i doubt you should listen to all the ninjas on here. Most of the people on here are just like you, new to the game, or have been here a few months but are relativly new. I dont really drop advice anymore, because i have only been in the game a year or so. Listen to ninja's like seeking, dont go hatin and such. You should listen to people whose work you can look at and realize that they dont suck. Seeking is one, listen to hecz because although seeks dosent like his structure, he does have coloring skills and style skills and many other skills, so he knows what he is talkin bout. But most people, dont pay attention to them.