the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
criticism like that is fucken wack. let the piece be. i mean everyone likes a little bit ( thicken up the outline, needs more arrows ) but fuck, so much criticism in this thread and self doubt. sounding like a bunch of chicks complaining about how fat and ugly they are. haha im trying to say this nicely

Hahaha, fuck you!!

Does my ass look fat in this wild style.........?

I wasn't a big fan of Mone's earlier messy stuff, but it's grown on me.

Honestly, and no hate, but Dan... sometimes I feel like your letters are actually kind of

weak. And your handstyles need work. That's coming from someone who knows. Really, I

promise, no hate. There's things I like. You're definitely a skilled artist. But sometimes,

your letter work seems a bit toy to me, but well colored and defined with good details,

ideas, composition and line work. Actually wanted to say something since you first posted,

but I really do try to be a decent, nice guy and I wasn't sure how to say it without sounding

like an asshole.

MAO... your shit is the bomb-diggy every time, and we all go through those phases.

Right now, I've been stockpiling what I call wireframes (which are just ugly, barred-out

letterforms and pieces that are kind of like plans for what will later be a more-detailed

and better executed piece) into my book for the days ahead when I don't feel the spark.

And I hate everything I've done beyond the past month, with very few exceptions. I probably

always will. You're not the only one.

Greed... I'd love to exchange, if you feel I'm worthy.

Sorry for all the typing.

Here's something old in the mean time that I'm not completely ashamed of:

bnw%20for%20moth.jpg

I dont if you understand me well, my English is weak - I'm writitng this with dictionary. :D

Thank you EBA for your opinion. You have commented once my work previously and it helped me a lot.

Yes, I know my letter stucture isn't good. I think I focused too much on composition and the outcome of whole piece - forgot about lettering for some time. Now it's a bit harder to do some letter structure and fit it in composition(s). I'll seek for good lettering. It is third year as I draw, so i have plenty of time to learn everything. ;)

And I dont know why are we guys have to write few times something like "no offence/ no hate/ just my opinion" if we want say something abuot someone's work. I think giving and taking advices is very positive and that's obvious there is no hate. Everyone see different, so it's very helpful to know other points of views.

never got that.

some people put too much time into piecing then let their hands and throws suffer for it..

you guys starting all backwards and shit. you sposed to get the bombing shit down first, thats how you get noticed.. that piecing stuff comes later, after your straights are solid.

But still, don't get how someone can have the artistic ability to pull off a pretty decent to really good piece but just doesn't have it in them to do something as simplistic as a throwy. that's like being able to draw a 3d cube just fine but you can barely draw a square. wack analogy but true.

Thanks EBA for comment, I've been thinking about that.

Here is my try of letter structure.

81635747492768318964.jpg

Seriuosly, after that, I think the most attractive in graffiti isn't the letter structure, but I'll try it in next few pieces. Maybe I'll change my mind or manage to merge this two styles together. ;)

Mone, I understand it's your art and you should do it just like you want, but you were doing much much better and cleaner pieces (just in my opinion ;)), for example that great one with 'renaissance ship' - and i'm not talking about only that ship. Or, if i remember well, you were the guy who had battle with Pest (Pesk?), right? Anyway in that times your pieces was like magic - flow, composition, letters, theese clean lines - I can't remember how was the lettering, but i guess now is not much better. ;)

But it's just my opinion. No offence, I just don't like your current works.

Word lol i'm not offended. I know what looks good and what looks bad. For the past couple months i've been forcing myself to work loose and quicker so it translates to using a spray can.

2013-06-03_02-51-42_509_zps277e6d04.jpg

2013-06-02_05-31-20_966_zpsb5a51e55.jpg

2013-05-29_17-15-51_201_zps603ed2ab.jpg

cb55bc87-0b8c-4f44-ba70-b4a607732228_zps752461b2.jpg

Not an excuse for the sloppiness I just don't want to waist time to make paper work clean I just want to get better at painting with cans.

2013-06-02_19-25-14_797_zpse24e7ee1.jpg

2013-06-02_23-47-24_811_zpse29b87ec.jpg

2013-05-29_39-16-05_654_zps09ea6b4f.jpg

9f39d5d8-a89f-4ed0-bb44-45af50bacd76_zps4b2993cc.jpg

Be free and freestyle get out of your house and put your work out there we are not indoor artists...