INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

gotta recipe to make extinguisher tags more permanent

for a 2.5 gal extinguisher *i like my shit drippy so the amount of water is a bit more than needed*

1.5gallon of water based latex paint

2-4 cups of chrome oil based rusto *depending on how shiny u want it*

the rest water

and 100psi pressure

the paint will be tinted chrome and the chrome itself should stick alittle more than the waterbased

Stupid question...but here goes anyway. Got me hands on a shitload of posca markers. i know there great from canvas works and sketching.

Could anyone tell me how to stain these puppies so i could get some use of em>>

umm yeah your clearly retarded, so i'm going to just say that poscas will not stain anything unless the shits porous as hell.. screw the top off rip out the valve empty all the shit thats in there rinse ure nib get it dry again and work an making any of the inks that all the gents in here have mentioned and then put that in there..

You certainly delivered what you promised with your opening two words.

i dunno bout the rest of you heads, but i just don't see myself payin for a some other fool to make my ink for me. i try to keep my shit as illegal as possible. plus i stay broke. youtube's basically gay, but i found some hot recipes for some brutal fuckin inks on there. i been trying a bunch of different ones, and so far i have been very pleased. cant say the same for the uptight citizens and pigs in my town. after months of trying different recipes i came up with my own:

all this shit can be easily pocketed in one trip to your local CVS, rite-aid, walgreens, or whatever large grocer chain is in your area (safeway, ralphs, wegman's, iga, etc) provided you have enough pocket space. which you will if yr any good at rackin shit. make it right and you should get about four or five full kiwi mops. 8-10 bingo dabbers.

30-50 ballpoint pen ink tubes. (bic or papermate are the best so far)

2oz dot3 brake fluid

4-5oz rubbing alcohol(70% or higher. i used acetone nail polish remover the first time and it looked like watercolors so id say stick with alcohol)

3-4oz RIT dye

2-4oz flat black rusto spray paint

2 12oz water bottles

1 16-20oz water bottle

2-3 pairs of latex gloves (i fuckin spilled this shit on my hands and it was there for like a week so if you don't want yr parents or employer or probation officer asking questions cover up)

cut yr ink tubes down till you just have ink and no excess plastic then half them and put them immediately into yr first water bottle. add 2/3rds of yr alcohol and shake that shit like an old ass can of krylon. let that shit chill somewhere for like 8 hours. if yr a kid still at home you best hide that shit.

in yr second bottle take yr spray paint and point the nozzle (i use rusto and astro fats for the quickest flow.) straight into the bottle holding the bottle at an angle (like yr pouring beer) and facing away from you. fill the bottle to about a half or 3/4 inch. do that part outside cause it kinda sprays back. then add the remainder of yr alcohol, yr dot3 and yr RIT dye. shake that shit and let it hang out somewhere.

next day take yr pen ink bottle, shake it up( i forgot to mention you want to occasionally shake this to really get all the ink out) and add it to yr big bottle. be careful and take yr time, you don't want yr tubes falling into that shit. it doesn't necessarily matter, but its a hassle when they do. dump the tubes in the trash and keep the bottle. add the other mix to yr big bottle and shake that shit real good for like 2 minutes to get it all mixed up. you should now have a full water bottle of vicious homemade mop ink. put that shit in yr favorite mop( i like those triangular kiwis the best. also make sure you got a flow regulator in whatever you use or yr gonna waste it.). now go crush some shit!! don't forget to regularly shake yr ink and yr mops cause i found that shit separates pretty quick. and you can add alcohol if you wanna go thinner than how it comes out. good luck and go bombing!

I'll leave this here, for anyone that wants to jump on it.

I have no idea about it, but someone would probably be interested in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/23-Bottle-Grocery-Store-Stamping-Ink-Garvey-St-Louis_W0QQitemZ270459235910QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef8a06e46&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

you think this shit is permanent/stains? it says clean with alcohol when necessary... I know nothing about inks, someone help me out? I'll swoop this up if it's any good.

i dunno bout the rest of you heads, but i just don't see myself payin for a some other fool to make my ink for me. i try to keep my shit as illegal as possible. plus i stay broke. youtube's basically gay, but i found some hot recipes for some brutal fuckin inks on there. i been trying a bunch of different ones, and so far i have been very pleased. cant say the same for the uptight citizens and pigs in my town. after months of trying different recipes i came up with my own:

all this shit can be easily pocketed in one trip to your local CVS, rite-aid, walgreens, or whatever large grocer chain is in your area (safeway, ralphs, wegman's, iga, etc) provided you have enough pocket space. which you will if yr any good at rackin shit. make it right and you should get about four or five full kiwi mops. 8-10 bingo dabbers.

2oz dot3 brake fluid

4-5oz rubbing alcohol(70% or higher. i used acetone nail polish remover the first time and it looked like watercolors so id say stick with alcohol)

3-4oz RIT dye

2 12oz water bottles

1 16-20oz water bottle

2-3 pairs of latex gloves (i fuckin spilled this shit on my hands and it was there for like a week so if you don't want yr parents or employer or probation officer asking questions cover up)

cut yr ink tubes down till you just have ink and no excess plastic then half them and put them immediately into yr first water bottle. add 2/3rds of yr alcohol and shake that shit like an old ass can of krylon. let that shit chill somewhere for like 8 hours. if yr a kid still at home you best hide that shit.

in yr second bottle take yr spray paint and point the nozzle (i use rusto and astro fats for the quickest flow.) straight into the bottle holding the bottle at an angle (like yr pouring beer) and facing away from you. fill the bottle to about a half or 3/4 inch. do that part outside cause it kinda sprays back. then add the remainder of yr alcohol, yr dot3 and yr RIT dye. shake that shit and let it hang out somewhere.

next day take yr pen ink bottle, shake it up( i forgot to mention you want to occasionally shake this to really get all the ink out) and add it to yr big bottle. be careful and take yr time, you don't want yr tubes falling into that shit. it doesn't necessarily matter, but its a hassle when they do. dump the tubes in the trash and keep the bottle. add the other mix to yr big bottle and shake that shit real good for like 2 minutes to get it all mixed up. you should now have a full water bottle of vicious homemade mop ink. put that shit in yr favorite mop( i like those triangular kiwis the best. also make sure you got a flow regulator in whatever you use or yr gonna waste it.). now go crush some shit!! don't forget to regularly shake yr ink and yr mops cause i found that shit separates pretty quick. and you can add alcohol if you wanna go thinner than how it comes out. good luck and go bombing!

Seriously, too complicated.

All you need is this:

Classic ball-point ink mix with maybe some sort of stainer (methylene blue preferably). Use this for markers or for mops indoors. It will stain pretty hard. I like to add Pilot ink to my mix. This ink is alcohol based.

Black Rustoleum bucket paint. 2/3 paint and 1/3 thinner mix. This is for outdoors. Paint is oil based.

Do not mix them, do not add anything like fishoil or brake fluid to them. Those additives do nothing.

You wanna know why it separates so fast? Because alcohol and paint DO NOT MIX.

rit dye has no purpose..no staining ability..

heres one..

100 papermate pens..

3/4 cup pvc primer

fish oil tablets..2..

pilot ink..

potasium pemagante..(crystals..add a drop of water to them so they soften up a lil..)

methylene blue..

mix..

done..

Drop the fish oil. I'd recommend taking out the PVC Primer too.

I'm tired of people coming on here and saying "Oh i know the best ink recipe ever!!!" and all it is is the basic ink mix with all this shit in it that messes it up. Seriously, this thread is FULL of great mixes and techniques already. Use the search button before you try and "drop some knowledge" or ask a dumbass question.....

look, im just sharin some shit i found works for me. it aint the best it aint the only, just some shit i dig. i used this ink for the first time a month ago. my town has buffed the first hand i caught with it three times and it aint goin away, so it definitely works.

i'm sick of all these hatin ass niggas talkin shit on heads to feel better about theyselves. you don't wanna use it? don't fuckin use it. some toy or some head with years may find it and enjoy it like i do and as long as the shit fuckin does the job who really cares? niggas need to keep them little negative ass comments to theyselves. we all tryna meet the same ends so what does it matter what avenue we take to get there? for real man, fools spend so much time fake beefin on the internet they missing the point: property damage. pure and simple. my shit works, yr shit works, so whats the problem? i don't see how fools find time to bomb with all the studying and pickin apart of posts and all the little bitch ass comments back and forth. its whatever man. i aint tryna start shit, just sayin my piece. take it or leave it. i'msure someone will have something to say. fuck em. i'm bout mines. let niggas run they mouth.

All I'm saying is that your mix just takes two great ideas, and ruins them both by combining them and adding things that aren't beneficial to your ink. Maybe you should take the fact that you know your mixture isn't the best and try to improve it, instead of complaining that I'm "hating" on you. All I did was critique your recipe in a very direct manner, no need to take it personally, because it was not meant to be personal.

Think of it like this: your mix works great now, but imagine what it could do if you improved it? You could learn to make it easier or faster, which would make things a lot easier for you. My point is is that if you understand the basics of inks and paints, your life and your game will be much better for it.

you think this shit is permanent/stains? it says clean with alcohol when necessary... I know nothing about inks, someone help me out? I'll swoop this up if it's any good.

I didn't really post it for someone to jump on it and go out using it, more if someones into collecting old inks/markers/paint and shit, pretty sure someone who's into that wouldn't mind some old garvey.

Think of it like this: your mix works great now, but imagine what it could do if you improved it? You could learn to make it easier or faster, which would make things a lot easier for you. My point is is that if you understand the basics of inks and paints, your life and your game will be much better for it.

Well-put and much more polite than I would have been. Over the years I've watched this thread devolve from an exchange of ideas to people just mixing a bunch of shit together at random without the slightest idea what they're fucking doing.

If you're adding brake fluid or fish oil or owt else to it, why are you doing it? If you don't know, then leave it out. If you're doing it for flow control, then why not use linseed oil?

Yes, you can use acetone to bind up differing polarities, but experiment with small amounts first. It won't work a christmas miracle, slapnuts.

Making pen ink and still feel like you have to mix it with paint just to prove your goddamn point? Try using xylol or lacquer thinner to make the pen ink and use that to thin paint. You do know that you're supposed to thin rust-preventing paint with xylol, right? Sure you do.

Be seeing you.

Well-put and much more polite than I would have been. Over the years I've watched this thread devolve from an exchange of ideas to people just mixing a bunch of shit together at random without the slightest idea what they're fucking doing.

If you're adding brake fluid or fish oil or owt else to it, why are you doing it? If you don't know, then leave it out. If you're doing it for flow control, then why not use linseed oil?

Yes, you can use acetone to bind up differing polarities, but experiment with small amounts first. It won't work a christmas miracle, slapnuts.

Making pen ink and still feel like you have to mix it with paint just to prove your goddamn point? Try using xylol or lacquer thinner to make the pen ink and use that to thin paint. You do know that you're supposed to thin rust-preventing paint with xylol, right? Sure you do.

Be seeing you.

im a ink junkie..i kno my inks and paints..i know the benifets of adding certain things to my inks..i dont measure nemore bc ive lost the need to..not just a slop of shit thrown in a pot boiled down and rocked up..i kno wat im talkin about..how bout white rusto thinned with blue pen ink..ink into paint..not paint into ink..wont mix properly..thin with xylol really thin for to the floor drips..even flows thro a pump marker with out loseing opacity..GK!! i know this wasnt directed towards me inpeticular but i just wanted to thro my 2cents into the mix..

2oz dot3 brake fluid

3-4oz RIT dye

2 12oz water bottles

1 16-20oz water bottle

RIT Dye is like the shittiest thing i have ever racked. i tried the powder form and the liquid form. The powder like clumped up @ the bottom and my shit wasnt even opaque. I added other shit to the ink not just the dye. Then i used the liquid mixed it with this really good black ink i already had and oink original black and that shit still wasnt opaque. So i mixed it with some red oink and now i have this wonderful purple.

Well maybe rit is good if you put a bunch of work into it but id rather just replace it with griffin or kiwi

im a ink junkie..i kno my inks and paints..i know the benifets of adding certain things to my inks..i dont measure nemore bc ive lost the need to..not just a slop of shit thrown in a pot boiled down and rocked up..i kno wat im talkin about..how bout white rusto thinned with blue pen ink..ink into paint..not paint into ink..wont mix properly..thin with xylol really thin for to the floor drips..even flows thro a pump marker with out loseing opacity..GK!! i know this wasnt directed towards me inpeticular but i just wanted to thro my 2cents into the mix..

seriously.. shape up or ship out

All I'm saying is that your mix just takes two great ideas, and ruins them both by combining them and adding things that aren't beneficial to your ink. Maybe you should take the fact that you know your mixture isn't the best and try to improve it, instead of complaining that I'm "hating" on you. All I did was critique your recipe in a very direct manner, no need to take it personally, because it was not meant to be personal.

its whatever man. i aint sayin shit one way or another. it just seems unnecessary to go into a tirade about shit that people do on a website. its a website. half of us will probably never meet. for what its worth though, i tried some other ideas and got my shit less complex. it took me way too long to do all that other shit and i got tired of the mad scientist routine measuring shit. i'm all about sharing ideas and getting new ones. thats the only reason i put that shit up in the first place. i'm happy to have fools expound on that shit for me or point me in another direction or share what didnt work. long as they aint dicks about it.. same time i aint havin no one step on my toes, you feel me? its whatever. i aint on some fake ass internet beef shit so its good. and i aint took shit personal just think its funny when niggas post what they hate or what they tired of. i mean who really cares, right?