INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

alright so heres the mix i just finished.

i tried to make carbon paper ink, witch can no longer be dun i am proof of that.it turned 91% acl. a very navy blue but it didnt stain, you could dip a finger it it and it would come out cleaner than when u started.

so i just used that to make a 20 pen ink batch, it was a very very dark purple.. so i got a bottle of navy blue fiebings, and now it is a nice bright blue, ill try and get a flick of post and pre buff soon.

can someone tell me if theres a way to clean marker nibs with out fuckin it up even more, or is it impossible?

Jus soak it in rubbing alchhal then take it out and wash it with warm water works with chalk board eraser nibs at least.

i was hunting for DOT3 today and one shop had some DOT4 but i didn't cop it cause it was behind the counter and i remember from reading back in the thread that DOT3 is the only kind with the desired effect but now i'm curious. does anyone know if DOT4 is just more powerful DOT3?

Managed to come acorss sum of those things tht they attache to clothes in stores with ink in them, they blow up and u get ink all over urself if u try to tamper with it I'm sure sum1 knows wht I'm talking bout neways ne1 have ne idea to open it without getting coverd in sum ink. I've seen a few ppl tht have had those things pop on them and they said they had a real hard time getting the ink off themselves so it's sum pretty hard staining ink (On people at least)

My current ink I've been working on is also done I'll get sum pics of the pre and after buff shots (Maybe not the after b/c my town doesn't buff shit it seems, did a tag with india ink like 2 years ago when I didn't know much and the shits still there)

Also ne1 ever used ne black hair dye in their inks? if so howd it work out?

i love hot topic too. they are the only shop i have witnessed put those ink things on their products. to be honest i never fucked with them so i dont know how to take it off. But india ink stains people just as bad. skin is not the same as steel and what not.

I have them off already and this is how it looks inside pretty much. The inside of it tht is -O---- now the O has the ink and it's like a lil glass ball or sum shit and the ----- is like a steal bar or sum shit running through it that when you tamper it breaks the ball and the ink jus shoots out pretty much.

As for the comment on india ink staining skin I know this I know this kid that used to give himself tats wit the shit but even if it has like an hour to settle u jus grab sum of tht orange stuff they have at the cop shops for when they are taking ur prints and it comes right off with a bit of scrubbing and then sum warm water. But the ink in those tag things or wht ever would be sum hardcore stuff I would think? I may be mistaken but I mean it's worth a shot to try the stuff to see how it is.

Also any word on that hair dye question? cus I'd rather hear it from sum 1 here b4 I go out and buy or rack sum and waste my time mixing sum stuff into sum ink tht will ruin it.

just break them in a bag, once you have all the ink, cut a hole in the corner and pour it into desired writing utensil

and as far as india ink for tattoos, makes sense to work tattoo ink is water based, not really sure what you were saying about it though.

and i clean used nibs with gasoline.

In the post above mine buddy said even india ink will stain human skin cus it aint the same as steal and I was jus saying even if it has like an hour to settle u jus grab sum of tht orange stuff they have at the cop shops for when they are taking ur prints and it comes right off with a bit of scrubbing and then sum warm water.

Thats what I was thinking as to open it up also.