INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i finally got my can of PVC primer open. And it looks like a great fucking ingredient. I literally used it by itself on a painted surface to see what it looks like, and i could see it eat away at the paint. Dope shit.

Word, Experiment with small quantities though because some ingredients have bad reactions.

Finally made my harbor blue mix. 2 little tins of flat white and 1 little tin of royal blue. The about 8-10 ouncs of thinner.

Done with a kiwi minus the valve, not even squeezing it. And its opaque/covers well.

Edit: No, no I don't write LM

With that hand hopefully you don't write at all.

That made sense...

LOL He actually has "Pink Sharpy" written on there, first he actually uses a sharpie, then can't even spell it.

yea fuck this guy for making a great color and then trying to thin it down to flow through the best body out there.

what a idiot.

If I boil down my ink should I wear sumthing to cover my face with so I don't breath tht shit in? and also if I do how much more will my ink be opaque then wht it is because when I go to use my marker I made the first few lines r nice and opaque but then it jus gets real light and it piss'es me off cus I used like 500 pens to make tht shit

are you mixing the paint well before you put it in your marker and then shaking it before you use it? and it might be a flow problem with your marker. but it sounds like your paint isnt mixed well enuf.

First of all it aint paint it's ink and yes it's shaken well I have a ballbearing in the marker to help mix it. As for my paint for my mop is good flows nice and is a good solid silver colour.

oink doesnt seem to stain that hard against chemicals

painted over maybe its good but some one should post a flick of an inside buff shot

huh what? the city mentioned in a post after yours has lots of residents who would strongly disagree with what you're saying. oink is highly resistant to chemical solvents, was made primarily for that, the paint bleed thru was kind of a double bonus. i've got youtube videos where we use chemical solvents, will make more soon. oinkartltd.tv in case you didn't know...

If I boil down my ink should I wear sumthing to cover my face with so I don't breath tht shit in? and also if I do how much more will my ink be opaque then wht it is because when I go to use my marker I made the first few lines r nice and opaque but then it jus gets real light and it piss'es me off cus I used like 500 pens to make tht shit

#1 please do not boil down your ink, there's really no purpose. if you want to get rid of some of the h2o content, use silica gel - easy to find, just go to the local grocery store and get the clear crystalline kitty litter.

but again there's no reason to boil down ink, you don't want it thicker, and if you do want it thicker, just mix some thicker stuff in there, like witches brew, to get the consistency you desire. boiling ink is dangerous not only to your health but also to the residence you live in, landlord's don't look too kindly on replacing sinks, i just replace 'em before i move, but most people aren't me.

#2 regarding opacity, pen ink isn't meant to be used outside in the sun. you can purchase powder UV inhibitors like i do, but they cost a bundle, you gotta buy a ton at once and you have to have all kinds of business licensing, most people don't have that either.

so find an ink that's good outside that you like to use, like Griffin shoe dye, Oink Ink, DED Outdoorsman, Marsh, etc., and mix your stuff with it, you'll save money by using your stuff and save frustration by using other stuff to make up for the qualities your pen ink is missing.

First of all it aint paint it's ink and yes it's shaken well I have a ballbearing in the marker to help mix it. As for my paint for my mop is good flows nice and is a good solid silver colour.

he wasn't talking to you, he was talking to this guy:

anyone else have problems with ghetto krink. Being too streaky/watery. And i didnt even put any thinner in it

johnneh may be right, it may be the marker you have it in (not open flow enough), but it could be what you're using as the base. as PHC points out, the paint needs to be mixed very well before being used, if it was thin enough to even flow in a marker without thinner it likely wasn't mixed enough. it may also be the type of paint you're using, if you're using standard rusto, chances are you need to mix the paint better.

where's asdf at?

huh what? the city mentioned in a post after yours has lots of residents who would strongly disagree with what you're saying. oink is highly resistant to chemical solvents, was made primarily for that, the paint bleed thru was kind of a double bonus. i've got youtube videos where we use chemical solvents, will make more soon. oinkartltd.tv in case you didn't know...

#1 please do not boil down your ink, there's really no purpose. if you want to get rid of some of the h2o content, use silica gel - easy to find, just go to the local grocery store and get the clear crystalline kitty litter.

but again there's no reason to boil down ink, you don't want it thicker, and if you do want it thicker, just mix some thicker stuff in there, like witches brew, to get the consistency you desire. boiling ink is dangerous not only to your health but also to the residence you live in, landlord's don't look too kindly on replacing sinks, i just replace 'em before i move, but most people aren't me.

#2 regarding opacity, pen ink isn't meant to be used outside in the sun. you can purchase powder UV inhibitors like i do, but they cost a bundle, you gotta buy a ton at once and you have to have all kinds of business licensing, most people don't have that either.

so find an ink that's good outside that you like to use, like Griffin shoe dye, Oink Ink, DED Outdoorsman, Marsh, etc., and mix your stuff with it, you'll save money by using your stuff and save frustration by using other stuff to make up for the qualities your pen ink is missing.

he wasn't talking to you, he was talking to this guy:

johnneh may be right, it may be the marker you have it in (not open flow enough), but it could be what you're using as the base. as PHC points out, the paint needs to be mixed very well before being used, if it was thin enough to even flow in a marker without thinner it likely wasn't mixed enough. it may also be the type of paint you're using, if you're using standard rusto, chances are you need to mix the paint better.

where's asdf at?

Thanks man I'll see what I can do with what you told me. and yeah ur right it's to watery and I think I know why it's b/c well I was making it I had a bingo dabber tht I was modding and had nowhere to put the ink inside it so I jus dumped it into my mix which I do beleave was my problem but idk. newyas thanks man.