INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

ahaha thats fucken dopeee think it would work half as well with grog?

ehh, i just did it because oink has a deep bluish purple tint to it and its alcohol based (i think?) and i thought it would be a could refill choice.

i'm about to get a purple k71 and refill it with garvey when it gets low. i'll let you know what happens....

• 1 year later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
So i'm a bit behind on the Inks. Just recently bought a jug of Marsh T-Grade. Read the warning about it being known to cause cancer.. does anyone know if it's caused when it's inhaled or when it touches your skin for long periods of time. Any help would be awesome.

exposure is exposure. the warning labels are on different products for different reasons. for the marsh t-grade it is most likely because of the solvents, some are known to be mutagens which can cause cancers and penises growing out of your childrens hip sockets.

but just remember exposure is exposure. it is like when you are taking drugs, my figures might not be totally correct, but you will see where im going.

if i smoke a certain substance i get 70% of the chemical in the bloodstream. if i inject it i get 100% if i eat it i get about 40% if i rub it on my skin i get like 12%

see where im going with this?

prolonged exposure to certain solvents or petroleum products has been known to cause complications which cause other complications, like a dominoe effect.

are you going to die from getting ink on your hands?

probably not.

but i wouldnt go bathing in the shit either....

^Your thinking about the warning label to hard. Alot of things can cause cancer like talking on a cell phone, so just dont sit there and sniff it or let your hand soak in the bottle for a day. If you get a spill on your hand or get a wiff of it filling a marker your not going to die (not responsible if for some odd reason you do die haha).

i hate when people answer this...if i ask it because i have a reason...i dont want to lost the pigment...

so help me or just dont answer but don't sy find it by yourself bla bla bla i know how to mix it but i dont want to say it bla bla bla

how the fuck are you going to lose the pigment?

when you mix it in unless you spill it, its not going anywhere.

just make some a bunch of really small test batches, and how about not asking a question on a public forum when you dont want to hear "try it for yourself"

Okay, so I figured I'd post back up the simple colored paint recipe earlier. About as straight forward as they come.

Step one: buy a can of white paint. I use ace oil based tint base, as it's made specifically to be tinted, but any white paint should work. Oil would would be preferable though...

10953172.jpg

Step two: buy a can or tube of paint tint. This can sometimes be kind of hard to get a hold of, without knowing someone at a hardware or paint store, but you can buy a kind called Sheffield Bronze Tints-all online quite easily.

11302_06_19_07_i_rs.jpg

Step three: crack open can of paint and pour into your container of choice.

Step four: add tint. Be careful, a little goes a long way, but if you over do it, then the tint, which is generally very thick, can clog the nib on whatever mop you're using as well as prevent the paint from drying.

Step five: add your choice of paint thinner, mix, and enjoy.

how the fuck are you going to lose the pigment?

when you mix it in unless you spill it, its not going anywhere.

just make some a bunch of really small test batches, and how about not asking a question on a public forum when you dont want to hear "try it for yourself"

are you kidding me?

if i mix the pigment with something that wont mix with what im supposed to mix for the good recipes...i'll lost my pigments...

are you kidding me?

if i mix the pigment with something that wont mix with what im supposed to mix for the good recipes...i'll lost my pigments...

if you are trying to mix something whose bases dont mix, like acrylic into oil based just think of salad dressing....

and if you still dont know what im talking about, just go raid ur moms spice rack and take some mustard powder or mustard itself and mix some into that shit and it will hold both solutions in a suspension and effectively mix the two. you can also use corn starch, certain brands of blue marking line chalk and a few other things...

basically all you are trying to do is promote an environment hospitable to creating as colloidal suspension.

meaaah see. cant fuck witht he frawg seee.

I was wondering if some homemade ink would work good in a peppermint extract bottle. Its super small and has a nice cap that u can stuff felt in but the ink going in is a mix of 91% alcohol , normal pens, fish oil, and leather dye. Will that go through it?

it will most likely work, but ditcfh the fish oil, it doesnt do anything and neither does dot3

a wise man once said that all you need is pen ink, and shellac. or, pen ink and woodstain.

keep it simple less is more.