INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

i know this is my virgin post, and you can call my a toy if you want, but i got something i need to share with all of you.

my ink recipie~~~~

first, let me drop a little science on you. ever hear of copier toner? copier toner consists of two basic things. 1. pigment, (usually carbon black), and 2. a heat activated catalyst, (polymer or acrilic resin). how copiers work is the drum drops toner on the paper, and the fuser heats it up and melts the catalyst, bonding the ink to the paper. knowing this, i started on my recipie

first, you need toner. not just any toner. you need toner with a copolymer base, not acrylic resin. some konica toners have it, as well as xerox toners, i know this because they list their ingerdients on the box. now, this shit is expensive, and a high risk item to rack. hell, racking it from somewhere like an office is dangerous, much less a store. but if youre willing to take the risk, or just pay for it, its worth it.

seeing as how toner has copolymer in it, which is plastic, you need a solvent that melts plastic. XYLENE. the xylene dissolves the plastic when wet, apply the ink, let it dry, and the plastic hardens. BAM!. plastic bond. not even xylene will remove it after that. add some leather dye, some brake fluid, and whatever additives you like, and you got some crazy ink.

next, the marker. since xylene dissolves plastic, you need a metal marker. use what you want, but i recommend a marsh 99. almost 20 bucks, but a very damned good marker. the tip is kinda small, but it beats regular felt markers, as the marsh has a paint pump.

do it right, and this shit is super tough. add marsh or garvey for effect, and this shit dries like liquid stickers. now, this is my baby im giving to you all, so be nice.

peace!

sick ass ink thanks for the recipe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
has anyone tried putting thinned out paint into a zig marker? ive wanted to try it' date=' but i didnt wanna end up clogging it and ruining the marker. ill probly try it anyways. but hey its worth asking.[/quote']

One time i got an old MTN marker and just sprayed some burner chrome into and put on the lid. When you pushed down on the nib it would splurt out because pressure seemed to build up. Either way it came out sick but it dried my marker up. Last week we got some luminous paint and emptied it into a container and put it in a nice mop. We added a little bit of white spirit to thin it out and it worked nice. Didnt dry out either . . . .

yo can some one link me to a site that shows u how to make etch

Alright this is my second post, but i been on here before and my account got terminated when the site was re designed, so you have the right not to listen to me but IF YOU even TRY to use etch, i hope you die. because this shit isnt made to be messed with for graffiti and if you do use it, your not only endangering yourself but other people around you. dont even try to use etch

personally i don't see why ppl do etch... it looks crap, as much style you put into it, it's still crap scratches on glass or plastic...

but yeah, i recently got myself POSCA markers, am i able to use the container for that when the paint in it finishes?

has anyone tried putting thinned out paint into a zig marker? ive wanted to try it' date=' but i didnt wanna end up clogging it and ruining the marker. ill probly try it anyways. but hey its worth asking.[/quote']

I tried to do that before... That shit just ended up fucking up the zig.

Poscas use water based acrylic paint, so trying to run anything besides that through after use is not going to flow through the nib. I suggest you use the poscas as is (even though there not permanent at all) they are water proof, will last as long as not buffed, and look REALLY hot while up if you know how to use them.

Yo how do you just get the mop to close? I had it going till like my mop just popped and everything came out. All I need to know is how to close tightly so it doesnt open up. Tape was a bad mistake for this one. Also I never used like cloth. What do you yall suggest I do?

Thanks and sorry if someone already said this I didnt read every single page now.

mate if you get this shit anywhere on you itll eat your skin. If its got the capacity to eat into glass then your skin isnt going to be a tough contender.

amen! we're not even allowed to talk about etch here...so shutup!

you are nearly all dumb fucks.

get a marker and go and tag .

get some ink dont mix it put it in a marker and go tag.

dont be dumb .

if somone wants rid of your graffiti then the harder you ink stains will not really matter unless you are going all city on subway cars.

and i can nearly guarantee you are not unless you are shaun etc

suck a dick

Guess whos back.

Forgot the password for my original name, maybe mods wanna help me out with that shit?

Anyways some advice:

1) Stop buying exotic overseas ink. Utilize what you got available locally or cheaply, whether it's Marsh, Pilot, Nero or whatever.

2) Marsh and Pilot are almost one of the same, and both very good base inks.

3) Leather dye: fuck that shit. It just looks nasty, drips bad, beads up and spreads out. Maybe if you got an insides scene as far as your local transit system, but for outdoorsy shit it's not to be fucked with.

4) Methylene blue and gentian violet + a nice base ink like Pilot/Marsh stain just as hard if not harder then Garvey, and won't fade in the sunlight like Garvey does. I'm pretty sure it's the gentian violet in Garvey that makes it stain?

5) Acetone is a good thinner, though it can fuck with certain plastics (a.k.a. your marker).

6) Xylene, another dirty chemical that will thin your paints and inks better then the rest!

7) You can mix methylene blue into silver paint and make some pretty staining, durable shit. Add some acetone for thinner, put it in a mop, and hit the town.

8) In all cases, Krylon UFB with a NY Fat > fancy ink recipes and markers.

9) Does break fluid really do much for inks? Nah, fuck that shit!

10) Potassium permanganate - whats the deal nigga.

11) Rob your local high schools chemistry lab, you know they got the hook up.

Yeah.

shit man, i lost my posca somewhere in the springvale area... shit!

well better get a new one then... ooh crap, socceroos are playing!

Fuck the poscas and zigs bro just stock up on them artlines and rack some of those extra broad poscas and fill them with ink fuck the paint. I can stratch that shit off.