INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

does this actually do anything??

Unless there's something about liquid chalk I don't know or remember, I doubt it. Liquid chalk is water-based, so acetone wouldn't help it or hurt it.

Some other tips I forgot to bring up-

-Nothing lasts. Have all the fun you want mixing inks, but at the end of the day the only thing that's truly permanent is etch. And, since that's off-limits, I'll add that there's nothing quite like heaving a brick through a window to make your day...and ruin someone else's. If you want, write something on the brick, but consider the anonymity factor. Also, most transit agncies spend more money on graffiti abatement than you'd think, so whatever you do is only going to run as long as they let it.

-Being skeptical is good. If you read something here and it sounds wrong, either don't try it or keep asking till someone has an answer that makes sense. Fucking around with chemicals is dangerous, and could be bad for your health.

-Write shit down. If you get something right, don't count on memory to be the most reliable way to reproduce a mix.

-Olive oil=clean hands. Most of the time. There's a hand cleaner made by Phil Wood (Google it) that works well, and won't ruin your skin. I try to use natural stuff to clean up my messes whenever possible, like Citra-solv or Simple Green, or napthalene soap. I only break out the heavy shit when absolutely nothing else has worked.

-Nobody can make Krink except for KR. Metallics are tricky....that's not to say you shouldn't try, but don't go crazy trying to get it right, because you won't. Believe me, I've tried.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

-Nobody can make Krink except for KR. Metallics are tricky....that's not to say you shouldn't try, but don't go crazy trying to get it right, because you won't. Believe me, I've tried.

me too and with psudeo sucess and no its not paint and thinner. I made it from scratch.

That's what I heard, too. Then again, I hear lots of things, so...I've also heard it's a lot easier than it seems and the ingredients are not what you would expect them to be.

Actually, that reminds me....I wanted to ask DOERDIRTY how he went about getting his ink made, or if he does it himself. I thought about it, but seeing as how I have no head for business, I figured I'd be better off letting someone else do it.

I don't want to know how it's made or anything like that. Mostly, I'm curious how you dealt with getting around VOC compliance laws, since if you want to get anything made here (California) it can't have a VOC rating higher than 60%. Then again, if you are doing it on the sly, it doesn't matter.

I wanted to modify my old otr to make it like a homemade drip tag marker...hey if i wanted to make a about a 20oz bottle full of ink how much paint thinner should be added to the bucket paint??? And could i keep the old nib or put some type of rag in the tip or sumtin??

please help me out...

brake fluid adds a little corrosiveness and make the ink dry slower, giving it more time to stain in deeper. the stuff is pointless cuz kids be trying to use it like thnner. if you gonna use brake fluid you only use one or two DROPS for a couple ounces of ink.

DSC01091.jpg

Those flicks are of etch. I took the 2nd and 3rd flick you posted, etch works on metal as well as glass... I think the chicago writers with purple inks are using Garvey, which stains hard but fades with the sun, or some other shit... somebody told me once but I forget the name...

That's what I heard, too. Then again, I hear lots of things, so...I've also heard it's a lot easier than it seems and the ingredients are not what you would expect them to be.

Actually, that reminds me....I wanted to ask DOERDIRTY how he went about getting his ink made, or if he does it himself. I thought about it, but seeing as how I have no head for business, I figured I'd be better off letting someone else do it.

I don't want to know how it's made or anything like that. Mostly, I'm curious how you dealt with getting around VOC compliance laws, since if you want to get anything made here (California) it can't have a VOC rating higher than 60%. Then again, if you are doing it on the sly, it doesn't matter.

Yooooooooooooooooooo shai.... what the fuck happened to you man, i thought you died or something... hit up the PM, lemme know what happened... plus we have an unfinished deal as i remember... thanks.

This should be posted at the top of every page in this thread:

*Shoe polish is a waste of time.

*..so is dot 3. It weakens plastic? so then why is it in a plastic container?

*So are most (with the exception of a few) of the inks you can buy on the internet.

*The recipe for ghetto krink is 3/4 rusto aluminum or silver bucket paint and 1/4 paint thinner.

*Mix inks with xylene, acetone, paint thinner, etc.

*If it contains water its a waste of time.

*You open a kiwi mop by pulling the plastic sponge top off.

*Most markers unscrew the opposite way.

*If you have any questions dont ask them until you have gone through every page of this superthread. I did it and it answers basicly every dumb question and good question.

*Try it yourself dont ask us.

*After you've tried it yourself and looked through the whole thread and you cant find an answer then ask questions.

that was a post made worth while. everyone re asks questions like no fucking tommorrow. expirement for yourself, try new things, find out new things, share new things, and stop bringing up shit that has been answered 50 pages ago!!!

eh yo DOEMDIRTY i gotta say this ink is fuckin flavorful. thanks shit is ill. ill need some more soon. that insider shit is NO JOKE kiddies as stated before.

102_0529.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

JUST HOLLA MY DUDE! I GOT YOU!!!!!!!!