INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by rubbish heap

Leeho's don't spray on the wall, I don't know where you got that from.

As a marker, they're the same type as Zig Postermans or OTR's, the valve system with that nib style. They're probably most similar to OTR Mini HTB's, fit in your palm and whatnot. The nib is a little smaller than an OTR one, it's somewhere near as wide as a Pilot broad. They're good because they're so cheap and the size is perfect.

oh right, my fault. they just looked..squirty?

just a quick question, didn't wanna read the whole thread lookin for an answer. i just made a couple kiwi mops, for the ink i put

one bottle kiwi scuff (black), one bottle kiwi leather dye (black), emptied a couple yellow/green highlighter ink tubes, and put a pretty light splash of brake fluid (dot3).

mixed the hsit up, put em back in the bottles, work great. one i took the ink stopper thing out for drippy messy shit, definitely does the trick, the other i left it in for cleaer shit, anyway

wanted to know what i could add to make it more opaque and a bit less runny. thinking prolly some marh or pilot, got a limited budget and ride to the store, just would like a suggestoin for i waste money. preciate the help before hand, nice thread.

thanks arcel. it's my first mop to make, first time to try any kind of ink recipe, found that one on bboy.org, anyway yeah i'm not really interested in paint, just odn't too much like it and it seems to carry a hefty tax. i'll get to trying some marsh or pilot in it. any other easily available ingredients yuo know off to add permanency or a more filled, opaque look? i guess if paints the best way to go about it i'll break down.

preciate the help a bunch. 'nother quick question, is mixing ink/paint a bad idea? or ink with krink even? (i know the first post on here said not to mix bucket pait and ink, but i cam across some recpe somewhere that suggested it.) anywya thanks tons for the help, htis is by far the most helpful thread i've come across, nice job rubbish. oh yeah also, apparently the kiwi sho polish is shit, is it worth leaving int he mix or should i jsut dump it? and what for the leather dye? thanks again, i'd like to experiment more on ym own but i'm broke. keep keepin it real peace

haha one more question, any difference in omega or pilot ink? thatslife.org carries both, but only purple with omega, and i'd prefer purple over black, but more interested in staining power. which brand do you guys suggest?

Originally posted by test

preciate the help a bunch. 'nother quick question, is mixing ink/paint a bad idea? or ink with krink even? (i know the first post on here said not to mix bucket pait and ink, but i cam across some recpe somewhere that suggested it.) anywya thanks tons for the help, htis is by far the most helpful thread i've come across, nice job rubbish. oh yeah also, apparently the kiwi sho polish is shit, is it worth leaving int he mix or should i jsut dump it? and what for the leather dye? thanks again, i'd like to experiment more on ym own but i'm broke. keep keepin it real peace

haha one more question, any difference in omega or pilot ink? thatslife.org carries both, but only purple with omega, and i'd prefer purple over black, but more interested in staining power. which brand do you guys suggest?

ink and paint NO

krink and ink NO

Dump all that shit in the mop out

pilot is better

Originally posted by test

it depends on what solvent the ink is based on. marsh and pilot ink should mix with paint. to mix alcohol based ink with paint, you have to add acetone. you can just test a little of both in a container to see if they mix. you can find out for yourself about the kiwi stuff by wiping some on something, then washing it off when it dries. you can put leather dye in a mop, and maybe mix it with ink or paint. i've been told omega ink sucks, and i believe it. don't get stuff from that site, get it from www.bombingscience.com or www.urbandesignz.com, or www.artprimo.com. if you want staining power order violet garvey ink and marsh or pilot, mix a little bit into the garvey.

Originally posted by snake_snk

http://C:Documents and SettingsShaneMy DocumentsMy Pictures2004-10 (Oct)'> http://C:Documents and SettingsShaneMy DocumentsMy Pictures2004-10 (Oct)'>

if this works im a genius

stupid, you have to put it online first. go to http://photos.fotango.com/ (you have to sign up first) or something and upload your photos. then link it by copying the URL and then insert it using the IMG button