INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by alphredrock

i'm sure stabbing the nib with a hypodermic needle works, but the way i've learned to soften up a ultra wide tip is a little different. 1) Boil some water and put the nib in a bowl along with the water.

2) let it sit for 10 minutes. Repeat this about 3 or 4 time emptying and refilling the bowl with boiling water.

3) When you refill take the nib out and just bend it bake and forth for a minute or so. After your done, wait a day for the nib to dry up before you fill that shit up. I wouldn't reccomend stabbing your nib with a hypodermic needle though. Youre just gonna put holes in it and most likely fuck it up. hella! :dazed:

I REALLY HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THAT!...WHEN YOU BOIL IT YOU WILL REALLY FUCK IT UP. ESPECIALLY IF YOU BAKE IT....IT WILL SHRINK AND GET ALL MISSHAPED.

THE IDEA IS TO MAKE IT, SO INK FLOWS THROUGH YOUR NIB...BOILING IT WILL MAKE IT EVEN TIGHTER THAN IT IS....COMMON SENSE DICTATES THAT.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MINIWIDES NOT ULTRAWIDES...SO, YOU DON'T HAVE 2 INCHES OF NIB TO STAB...REMEMBER ONLY STAB THE TOP PART, NOTHING ELSE AND YOUR NIB WILL BE BETTER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE....IT TAKES A LITTLE TIME. BUT, THIS METHOD WILL WORK BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN THE BOOK.

YOU SIMPLY TAKE YOUR NIB, KEEP IT IN YOUR MINI AND START STABBING THE TOP PART AND ONLY THE TOP PART. NOT THE SIDES.

YOUR NIB WILL GET VERY SOFT AND THE INK WILL FLOW LIKE FLUID.

25 YEARS EXPERIENCE TAUGHT ME A LOT ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF HERE IN NEW YORK CITY.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm gonna have to go with omen on this one.. also omen I saw something that made me laugh today.. I was on the b63 bus along 5th avenue this afternoon and a saw a green tag with one of those 30mm markers that said omen RL in regular letters, no style to it at all. It was pretty damn funny how your always saying "I got 25 years experience under my belt.." and I see that hahaha. Of course it wasn't you.. I hope. It was just pretty funny at the moment.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

I'm gonna have to go with omen on this one.. also omen I saw something that made me laugh today.. I was on the b63 bus along 5th avenue this afternoon and a saw a green tag with one of those 30mm markers that said omen RL in regular letters, no style to it at all. It was pretty damn funny how your always saying "I got 25 years experience under my belt.." and I see that hahaha. Of course it wasn't you.. I hope. It was just pretty funny at the moment.

OMEN IS JUST THE HANDLE FOR THIS FORUM....WHEN I WAS AT ANOTHER FORUM, I USED THE NAME I TAGGED WITH, (THE LONG VERSION) AND BECAUSE MOSTLY KIDS WERE ON THAT FORUM...THEY EITHER NEVER HEARD OF ME OR DID NOT BELIEVE I WAS WHO I SAID I WAS....SO, TO AVOID THAT NONSENSE FROM A BUNCH OF TOYS THAT NEVER EVEN WROTE ON A SUBWAY IN THEIR LIFE...I JUST STICK WITH OMEN...I WILL SAY ONE THING THOUGH...MIN ONE AND ME WERE VERY CLOSE FRIENDS IN THE MID TO LATE 80'S AND AGAIN IN THE MID 90'S.

BUT, LETS LEAVE IT AT THAT AND JUST TALK ABOUT INK AND MARKERS...I WILL NEVER STEER YOU WRONG IN THAT DEPARTMENT.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

I think I may know exactly who you are.

On the other forum, that is. If you don't want me to say it I will not.

I think you know who I am too. Rubbish knows who I am. But, you dudes don't seem like assholes....But, keep it to yourselves anyway:cool:

Originally posted by WhiteOx

YO, SOMEONE TELL WHAT METHYLENE BLUE IS/DOES?

i aquired some today, apparently highly concentrated, in liquid form, now what?

edit for dyslexia

aight now i'm getting tired of this shit. i've explained constantly what it is, even telling people not to get the liquid, only the powder. if you really want to know than search this thread because it's been explained over and over and you really need to do your homework sometime. or maybe someone will reply to you with a straight answer.

Originally posted by FightTheBuff

i was wondering whether griffin alone would work for a deoderant mop or if adding paint would make it better or worse

griffin doesn't mix with paint. do NOT add paint into a deodorant mop either.

edit: buff test today. violet garvey seems to stain harder than blue fiebing's.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

Look, I simply disagreed with you. maybe your method works for you. But, I would not try it. You don't have to call me names. If people are feeling you. then they will take your advice.

I have been using minis before you were born son. So, you do not need to try to get all slick with me.

I know if we were in the street face to face, you would not be talking to me the way you just did. Because, I would stomp you in a heartbeat.

So, lets just leave it alone. Because, you are not impressing anyone at all.

I am only 36. Maybe that seems old to you. But, I am still young enough to put my foot up your toy ass and drop you like a bad habit.

I have never dissed anyone on this forum in my life, then you come around and because I did not agree with your way of making a nib softer, you talk to me like some sort of asshole and then you insult me.

You aint been no where and you can't tell me dick about a god dam thing.

By the way, that using two different color felts is old news. We used to use to use 4 different colors and it streaked like a rainbow of colors.

But, I prefer drips...those felts run out of color real fast. So you will only get a couple of tags off them. Plus they are a pain in the ass.

All that shit you are doing started here in New York City.

Also, the orignal ultras used to have two screws at the bottom and it came with a key. So, you could remove the bottom part with the key that came with it. I know you don't know about that. And filling it from behind is messier. When you can simply inject ink into an ultra neatly and fill the entire marker with not one drop spilled.

Based on the way you tag, you should worry more on your style than worring about markers. Because, your tags look very low rent.

In a few years you might get a little better. We all had to start somewhere I guess. :rolleyes:

Dude (you fucking joke):lol:

whatever.. this is stupid to be arguing over how to open mini wides and how to get your nib soft. but dont hate on the style. that tag wasn't by me. that was by this fool lapher bst. dont hate on sf style nigga. dont assume shit either... this is ddumb though. my 33 years of being in the graff game told me so. hahahaha..

later

I edited that shit..

Originally posted by alphredrock

whatever.. this is stupid to be arguing over how to open mini wides and how to get your nib soft. but dont hate on the style. that tag wasn't by me. that was by this fool lapher bst. dont hate on sf style nigga. dont assume shit either... this is ddumb though. my 33 years of being in the graff game told me so. hahahaha..

later

razar tvs..

hahaha.. bitch.

:dazed: :dazed:

Wow man you really are a hoot. He reply's to your post kindly disagreeing with your method and you reply acting like a bitchy 10 year old girl.. this is what gets me. You replied like a maniac and started cursing at him and shit. I think you need to settle down and read posts more thoroughly, he didn't intend to insult you in anyway and just your reply as if he insulted your intelligence in some way bothers me. You could have simply stated that you have done it before and that it works, reguardless of what he says, and dropped it right then and there.. but you go calling him a bitch. This was in no way neccessary and I think the posts having anything to do with this should be deleted as soon as possible, we don't need shit like this littering the yard, now lets all shutup and talk about ink.

for any of the writers I have helped...you are welcome...I am glad you guys are keeping graff alive....When I was into serious writing, it was basically a New York thing. Now, it is people like you that are keeping it alive all over the states and the world.

I am glad to share my experieance with you guys...it seems that alot of you have got hip to a few extra things thanks to me and that really makes me happy.

I will continue to help out anyone when it comes to graffiti writing....just keep posting.

Peace out!:king:

Glad to here that man, its amazing to see someone of your age into something that most adults refer to as something "stupid". It really is pretty damn cool. As a matter of fact I got some Violet Garvey in the mail today, and it makes me think that if you never told me about this ink I probably would be using the same shitty pilot ink I have always been using, and my handstyles are lasting alot longer outside now, thanks alot man.

slow down there.

Seriously.. some of you kids take this shit way too seriously. I would rather just rock shit and not get into this whole 12oz scene. Some of you are acting like you fucking wince at the sight of swear words. chill the fuck out. And Omen, I only replied to you harshly, because I thought that you were acting really condescending calling on your 25 years of graffiti knowledge. 25 years is a long fucking time, but i really could care less. Everyone's opinion is valid.. this is the fucking internet so I dont really give a fuck what i say. I'm not posing as bst because i'm not in bst. And I'm not trying to act gangster or anything. But really some of you kids are just perpetuating shit, but then again so am I. But WHatever.. lets just leave it at that. And a question for Omen, I dont know if you guys rock bus panels in ny but in sf we have these kinda bumpy porous plastic panels. I was just wondering if violet garvey would stain that shit well. thanks bro.

hella! :D

you will never be able to buff violet garvey off those plastic panals on the buses....it seeps in and leaves serious ghosting stains...once they try to remove your first garvey tag....they don't even bother with the rest...the shit just does not come off that type of plastic...you can bank on it.