shameless selfpromo

niseNSF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cheer

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Niceone fella, hey whats happened to a certain NSF member, he still over or has he returned? Mail us bro..

last we heard he was in spain..he got some subs in amsterdam and commuters in italy....thats the last i heard. but hey im still trying my best to get over your neck of the woods ASAP. ill email you bro..long time no talky.

Originally posted by theblackmack

Read what you just wrote. Now read it again. Why in the hell would you even want to post your shit on this message board, let alone clean trains. If you want him to see them just email, its way easer and much safer.

easy with the tone there cowboy. i would like to be able to share the steel like europeans can, for rep and exposure. i 1000% hate the whole 'secretive clean train' culture. i think its corny to do graff that no one ever sees except a secret club. BUT, i have respect for that world, and im not gonna blow up scenes or systems just cause i dont agree with it 100%. so i wont be posting any, and never do. i was simply saying to someone like Europe (who i dont know nor have his email) that although i like freights, i prefer streets and cleantrains...but, due to the legal situations in the USA, i cant.

if your one of those people whos all about keeping your graff a secret between you and 10 friends, word up, do you....but thats never been what graff was about to me. exposure and rep counts. but i respect enough of the clean train heads to not blow shit up. i keep everything underwraps as well. so ease up on the patronizing tone. no one is hurting you or your steez..dont get so uptight about my MO.

hey man if there was no tone, my bad..that is the bad side of computers..sometimes shit comes across wrong. whatever its all good.

but to clarify the situation, basically, graffiti has gone international and global these days. when i started, in like 93ish in philly, all i knew was tagging, and i thought the king of the world was PEEL.iao from west philly. i had no idea that he was hardly famous outside that hood. then mags blew up in the mid90s and all of a sudden it was like "whos repping boston" or "whos up in SF"...and graff turned into comp with not just you block, but the whole country. then with the internet, now you see whos killing streets in amsterdam or berlin too.

so i mean fuck it...i hate 90% of 12oz and other graff online...cause its a weak shortcut for toys. but the other 10% is cool - its writers who paid their dues networking. i cant get to amsterdam, but i can keep up with whos wrecking shop. if someone like KEGR does a whole train by himself, i can see that, and be like "damn i gotta top that".

so for those reasons, i think the internet has value...its evens the palying field so you hafta to compete with the best of the best..not just be local and lazy. so, on a thread like this, im simply being like "hey, for anyone who matters, check out a sample of what me and my crew do"...for people that work a lot, its most likely just a fair showing of another working crew. like when BITER posts slew of TBK stuff, im into that. its a dope crew, and im into peeping what theyre up to now and then. thats it.

if mags were more judicious, maybe the net wouldnt matter....but graff zines are usually mad political. whoever owns it or puts it out selects photos of their boys and their friends. so a lot of times i see a mag and ill think "damn so and so is up in SF" and then i hear other wise and find out the mag is just showcasing friends. i find that online usually with kids throwing in tons of flicks usually ends up with an unbiased (relatively) view of said city. for me and my crew, i have a distinct interest in that process....since we dont deal with anyone who owns/runs a mag, and the cities we paint arent 'in vogue', i end up having to share photos now and then just basically to be like "heres what were up to"

some people will hate, sure, but thats graffiti. some people will dig it. some people, hopefully, will be like "oh damn i didnt know people were crushing streets in philly or pittsburgh". thats my goal. share some shit that wont get exposure otherwise.

if you think graff aint about rep and exposure, id be curios to hear what it IS about.

how all this relates to clean trains: my point to Europe was basically not all americans are lazy freight painters. and yes, sorry you guys, i love freights, but if youve done streets and roofs and tunnels and subways, fr8s are like a relaxingass day in the shade. but as much as id like to share subway footage, its not in my best interest, and its not good for all the other clean train people. kids have been doing subways in the US alot longer than me..and they set up the rules. i try to play along as best i can. do i like them? no. do i sort of understand why they exist? yes....legal safety. but part of me thinks that legal safety is somewhat of a coverup for what is really greediness....the kids that know about cleans want to keep it small and unknown...new players are frowned upon, etc,etc. hey thats cool...i dont dig it, but its not for me to dig.

bottomline: i love graff. i like seeing graff from all over the world so long as its good, and its real. i like to see stuff like say the LD crew in st louis, like guer and equal and zeam....i never get to STL, and i rarely see mags give them love...but without checking the internet, i wouldnt know of em. and its clear they crush. (you cant fake stacks of street level shit). same with the KUK kids last year. or lots of street shit in places like minneapolis or miami....places that get no magazine love.

i peep this shit to see what all the comp is up to...and share some of my squads stuff to let people know what pennsylvania is up to. the haters are gonna hate regardless, but for the real players out there, game recognize game, and no one is gonna be like "oh cheerleader is inventing some net fame"...people who know know we have been a tight crew for 10 years...not some fad. so me showing like 3 nights worth of photos is hardly blowing up our files...just sharing some shit with whoever is interested. if it isnt to your liking, its simple: reply with critical comments like "these guys suck" or close the thread, log off, and move on. either way, it all works out in the end.

the internet has its benefits...most of which is equalizing exposure and networking. some people can fake the fun, sure...but in the end the truth comes out...and people know if they come to our towns, theyll see us. we just bring you the flicks so you dont need to get on greyhound per se.

cleans will most likely never get shared online until america becomes less of a police state in regards to transit. and i dont intend to change that. but i cant lie and say it doesnt suck.

all i got to say is that you flipped out on me a few months ago, engaging in long ass pointless discussions for posting a bunch of my own shit and now i guess it's okay for you to do it....personally i don't give a shit about you or any other person on this faceless board so i would only like to say that keep in mind that you are contradicting yourself big time here.....but then again this is the internet and it means absolutely nothing to me in reality, so i wouldn't bother responding to this...just try to think before you act.

oh and i'm glad you are such good friends with cense. whoops did i just say that?