NHL '03-'04 (your pix)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's kinda like judging a cheeseburger on the meat and the bun. so many factors go into making a good team. i like detroit though because they've had injuries, but what team hasn't. by the way, they didn't win it last year, jersey did.

i love how everybody points to the west to win it every year. who won the all star game, the last cup, best goaltender, all are in the east. it's not like the past either when the west has a couple teams that are far and above everyone else(in the west). they may have some of the best talent in numbers, but i have to laugh when they(espn) start calling jason wolley a superstar defensemen. face it the business is, and has always been here in the east.

fresh off the presses...

Report: Moore has broken neck

Mar. 9, 2004. 01:21_PM

VANCOUVER (CP) — Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore remained in hospital Tuesday with reported fractured vertebra after crashing face first to the ice following a sucker punch by Canucks star forward Todd Bertuzzi.

here

NHL TRADE DEADLINE _

Ron Francis joins Leafs _

_

Mar. 9, 2004. 01:32_PM _

The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired 41-year-old Carolina Hurricanes centre Ron Francis prior to the NHL's 3 p.m. trading deadline. Francis agreed to waive his no-trade clause if the deal could be worked out with the Maple Leafs.

NHL Trade Watch |_[Full Story]

Leafs sign Swede Johansson

Mar. 9, 2004. 12:41_PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed defenceman Calle Johansson. The 37-year-old unrestricted free agent retired from hockey in August after a well documented falling out with former Washington Capitals coach Bruce Cassidy.

with Leetch signed a couple days ago.... watch out for the leafs!

for all the latest hockey news...

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

ever seen the fans do the "shark bite" thing

with their arms...lol...we gunna bite you!

Go Sharks!

Even the security guards at my school were going crazy about getting Ronnie Franchise.

This day has been saddened by my learning of what may have happened to Moore. Moore gave Naslund a clean hit, and now that dude Bertuzzi does this? Anyway I have to see this before I pass judgement. Bertuzzi is a good player, always has been. Damn.

w_x

Robert Lang is out for a month.

I’m outtie – I’m hoping the Leafs can actually beat the Panthers this time.

23578, Buffalo creamed us on Saturday. Even if we didn’t show up to play, that was a good game on your guys’ behalf. Did Satan ended up getting traded?

Originally posted by Snow Walker 23578, Buffalo creamed us on Saturday. Even if we didn’t show up to play, that was a good game on your guys’ behalf. Did Satan ended up getting traded? [/b]

nah, he's still with buffalo as far as i know, they got brown from minnesota and are making a push. we got creamed two nights ago by St. Louis, and we have to win tonight to get to six points back. should have dumped him, but i think they're two shrewd here to do something like dump their best player for draft picks.

When Satan scored on Saturday night, he took of his glove and made a mock phone with his fingers. I’m not surprised he didn’t get traded, though, since Buffalo is making a push for the Islanders’ spot, and that’s their best player.

Colorado was smart to get Tommy Salo. I was so sure that they’d pick up Kolzig (I was saying that from the start of the year), but I guess they’re happy with Aebischer’s performance so far, and don’t want to spend large for someone like Oli the Goalie. Salo, I’m sure, will be back up for the next while. Edmonton is smart, because they have Ty Conklin, who just got back from injury, and that Finnish goalie they got in a recent trade.

Pretty much what you said is true regarding the East, but the West still has Detroit, which is a bad ass team.

I can’t wait to see Ronnie Franchise in a Leaf uniform. That’s messed up how this his only his second nhl team ever. Dude has played only for the Whalers/Hurricanes all his career. *edit – I totally forgot that Francis played for Pittsburgh in between.

*http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Surge/francis_jersey_quinn.jpg'>

Yeah, I heard Cole got taken off the trade block after he injured his shoulder. Oh well, Francis is just another Stanley Cup winner to bring loads of experience to our team of elder statesmen. Leafs have 9 former captains on their team now, and quite a few Stanley Cup winners.

Just remembered why I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs more than any other team. Nice comeback (thanks in part to three bad deflections, and two nice goals), but some of your guys had the Kasparitis. I guess everyone sees what they want to see.

F'in Drury is out with a concussion, that sucks,

Hey, the feeling is mutual. I’ve hated the Buffalo Sabres since I was twelve or so. In fact, I hate all things Buffalo. The Bills, the Bisons, the fires in North Tonawanda, the outlet malls. Just about the only thing I do like is Buffalo wings.

As far as I’m concerned, I feel bad for Biron for losing another game in OT, and it’s too bad Drury got a concussion (I didn’t notice, nor did I notice any cheap playing – I fell asleep for half the game); yo, you guys got a point, and we got two. Leafs HAVE to get home ice advantage at least for the first round. We just broke a losing streak.

Yeah dude, I haven't watched much sabres all year, but I watched this one because I wanted to see all the new pickups. You can't really blame Biron, except for the goal he deflected in off the Nolan center. What I saw came from Nieuwendyk and the usual suspects, McCabe and Sundin, but I chalk it up to the late game points scramble. If you're guys lost it would've been worse, but they won so it worked this time. If you fell asleep late, they dominated us the last half of the third, but we caught some momentum in overtime, then lost it all on the OT goal. As for Buffalo, I like some of what the new guys have, Brown looked bad on one goal, but good overall, Bartovic seems like a solid investment, and Grier fought well throughout. Looks like we'll be good next year, if there is one, and the draft doesn't hurt us. I know we'll be protection two goalies as usual. Why don't they dump one, it's so strange to me why one guy gets all the time, but yet they waffle on who's better, stopping goals doesn't get you over 5hundred.

Weapon X, just about the only thing I like about Toronto are the strippers and the graffiti.

are you shitting me? mogilny is the MAN!!!! if he hadnt been out most of the season, he would, without a doubt, be top 5 in scoring in the NHL.

and what about the leafs defence? highest scoring defense in the league by far...booyeah, good defence wins cups.

too bad Kidd sucks and Belfour has a wonky back. Belfour is also the man. Oh and Sundin....Roberts, Nieuwendyke, Nolan, Mccabe, Kaberle, Leetch, Francis.,...

heh

Originally posted by square

and what about the leafs defence? highest scoring defense in the league by far...booyeah, good defence wins cups.

Defense does win championships, but I try not to judge a defense’s worth solely on their offensive productivity.

No doubt Mogilny is the man; he got his 1001st point last night.

23578, I did see Nieuwendyk push Satan over onto Biron. He got penalized for it. Buffalo played a good game, but when pucks are going in off skates and such, thems the brakes. The Sabres can still make the playoffs if they can play hard against the Thrashers and Canadiens coming up. Other than that, I think they have a couple of games against the Penguins left, as well as one against the Rangers. They can still do it, no doubt.

Tonight is a crucial game for Toronto. Bruins are gonna get fucked up again!

didn't see that one, but he was up in biron's face towards the end of the game after a whistle. he's too old to be doin that, whatever it worked, as you said. that's my only complaint about biron, he's still young though. we oughta dump noronen and keep miller in rochester if that's still possible. i watched ny-tb tonight, that's was bit discouraging it looked like tampa was off to a good start, ny keyed on st. louis and it was their game. which makes me ask, how many of their points came from their division being so shitty? i didn't see the result in the boston game. i still hate boston worse, whatever happened to them not making the playoffs every year, that was nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha. Wings just took the Western Conference.

Eat shit. Detroit Murder Capital. Didn't have our

full team the entire season, Legace's become a

fucking wall, they're just now peaking right at

the end of the season and the rest of your teams

are fucking doomed. 2 Octopii on the ice tonite.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Didn't have our

full team the entire season,

The Leafs had the full roster ready for ice only one game this season. I’m not even going to get into that shit, I don’t know why you would bring that up. Look at the payroll for that team.

That’s some strong words. I personally would love to see a Toronto/Detroit battle for the Cup. I have fond memories of back in the day when we’d meet in the same conference.

Shit is about to hit the fan…

Archived