NHL '03-'04 (your pix)

I heard something about them sending Andre-Fleury off to the AHL because they don’t want him starting in too many games or else they’ll have to pay him big dividends (you know very well Pittsburgh ain’t ready to do that – look at who they’ve given up). I think Andre-Fleury is gonna have to be sold. That’s sad, but it’s reality.

Then again, he did play last night, so maybe they’re figuring to play him, because they at least gotta have a good goaltender, considering how bad they’re doing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I remember being completely obsessed with ’03 on the ps2. I haven’t even gotten ’04 because I’m still playing Madden like it’s the only game on Earth.

Toronto media pisses me off. They’re going on about the Leafs’ eight win streak. So what? That ain’t shit to write home to mom about this early in the season. Streaks don’t means shit. All I want is points. Pat Quinn had a 29 game undefeated streak with the ’79 Philadelphia Flyers. Now that’s a streak.

This is the same media (and fans, too) that were going on about how shitty the Leafs were playing earlier in the season, how they wouldn’t make the playoffs, yadayada. Idiots. Of course they’ll make the playoffs! Look at their goddamn roster!

aren't the bruins no. 1 in the league anyway?

marc-andre fleury, man, that sucks for him, but being a sabres fan we're pretty used to that kind of thing. we've had three awesome young goalies for the last three or four years. juggling that is a bitch. it's like the sabres are a goaltender training ground. puppa, barrasso, cloutier, hasek, NEXT.

talking about the sabres, i love chris drury, that kid does it all! and we're actually winning some of those games we're supposed to, look out.

• 1 month later...

weapon x-actually it's lou lamoriello, and he and the dev's are staying in jersey somewhere.

news of the day, jagr traded to the rangers for anson carter. washington to pick up 20M of remaining 40M on contract.

anybody see the highlights to mondays (not tuesday's) bruins-rangers game? brutalness.

Yeah, Brodeur is killing it. Belfour has 7 this year so far. I don’t know what’s going on with Toronto. They do well as hell, but when it comes to the good teams (Phila, Ottawa) they get their pants pulled down. Injuries are no excuse when the payroll is as high as it is. If this isn’t the year that Toronto blows up and gets decimated off the map, then I don’t know when it will be. Another 36 years, perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

^ well, that last game against the Sens turned out well.

All Star game was alright, and I’m happy to see that Aucoin tied for first in the hardest shot competition with a WOODEN STICK!

Have you seen these advertisements by Easton directed towards hockey parents? Spoiled kids, stupid parents if you’re buying 200 dollar sticks for your kid.

Let the pros pay for their own sticks with their own money is what I say.

Tonight should be good. I’m particularly interested in the Flames/Blues matchup.

that's awesome about aucoin, i totally missed that. i would never buy a composite one piece hockey stick, except maybe that parcrow one, it's got a solid core. i would maybe buy them if they made them with solid cores and kevlar fiber. if it last five times longer, it still costs five times as much, and when it fails catastropically (buckles or breaks in two) it hasn't been doing you much good for a while. that all star game was awesome. i'm way happy for joe sakic, messier, and brodeur. i didn't really catch the other goalies, but four of them only let one goal in, that's fantastic. and how about that kid for the islanders, he's already great. if only the sabres could get a few more points, they're right where they want to be though, if they can keep it going. it's going to be a good "last" season.

All I’m saying is that the brawl between Atlanta and Edmonton was sweet as hell> Goalies getting into it, and howbout that one Edmonton player getting thrown into the Atl bench, then proceeding to kick ass! Leafs winning tonight was crucial, and the Ottawa Boston game was nice. Cruch time is now!

• 3 weeks later...

Yo, 23578, I don’t know if you caught it in the other thread, but I extend a big thank you to the Sabes (normally my most hated team) for beating the Senators in OT the other night. That was much needed.

Trade deadline is coming up. I am so happy that Gonchar ended up NOT on Toronto. Leetch was a far better acquisition, and so far in the game against the Isles, he has posted 2 assists (his first period as a Leaf).

Mind you, I didn’t scream and nearly break down in tears the way we got Doug Gilmour last year at approximately 3:15pm on the trade deadline day, but this should work out good.

Now is the time to make the “pix”. I'mma wait, though. :D

Hey, WebsterUno, I hear that the Sharks are actually quite popular and well liked in San Jose. Owen Nolan (now a Leaf) loves it there, owns a couple of bars/restaurants, and plans on retiring there. I hear it’s because it’s their only team. Either way, the Sharks are a decent team and have a bright future.

Ottawa at Philadelphia, New Jersey at Tampa Bay, Vancouver at Detroit, Calgary at Dallas and San Jose at Colorado. All so crucial. TGIF.

Gonchar scored for Boston last night, Leetch ended up with three power play assists.

Nomada, Detroit should make it to the finals, but no doubt there is stiff competition in the west. Right now in the east, there’s a three way tie for first, and the other teams are not at all far behind

There is about 15 games left average until the playoffs. So far, the Red Wings are in first overall to get the President’s Trophy.

coo, i'll look it up for comedy's sake. that was nice, i saw the highlights, and a thank you to the leafs for taking out the isles a couple nights ago though they are all but out of it. going to see if i can catch some minor league action tonight maybe. shit's fun. the leetch acquisition is money for you guys, i like how that makes you look for the playoffs. gonchar is most hated in my book for the '00 loss. leetch is a class act, he won't be around much longer but his presence is a strong plus. barry melrose liked leetch better than gonchar too. the caps are going to suck next year, who cares.

Wings will crush. Robert Lang... I forgot, what

are his standings? Oh yeah, something like this:

• Ranks T-9th in NHL in Goals (29)

• Ranks 2nd in NHL in Assists (48)

• Ranks 2nd in NHL in Points (77)

Sorry, Wings are basically their own All-Star

team and they will take it again this year.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by Weapon X

Hey, WebsterUno, I hear that the Sharks are actually quite popular and well liked in San Jose. Owen Nolan (now a Leaf) loves it there, owns a couple of bars/restaurants, and plans on retiring there. I hear it’s because it’s their only team. Either way, the Sharks are a decent team and have a bright future.

haha...Locals call Compaq Center "The Tank".

Owen is a sort of hometown hero for some.

Theyre doing good this year!

Go SHARKS!

Archived