models... not super

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So ive learned alot about model building tonite. Mainly that my girlfriend thinks im autistic, and you gotta be careful getting the pieces off the godamn plastic holder thingy (sprue?). I broke the fucking guns.(i should have read your instruction image up there a little better. Mostly the part about not breaking shit off the sprue. Lesson learned) Not just one but both of them. I still have the broken barrels and plan to adhere them hanging off the gun "battle damage" style. I still have alot of cleaning up to do and whatnot. But it has been fun. Im glad I started with this simple ass model or I may have just thrown the shit out the window.

5835151168_28d0cbd858_b.thumb.jpg.3b445c407dfccf93dac867df7d557d07.jpg

robot mayne by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

now what kinda paint and shit do you recomend? cheap is good.

• Like 1

that's badass dude! (AUDI 5k)

good link, watson

_:MemphisOrDie:_ - going to your local hobby shop this weekend? Look for a Testors acrylic paint set. These hobby acrylics thin and wash up with water. These will cover smoothly over an enamel aerosol primer

and yeah, about that gun barrel breakage... dude... amateur move right there... haha

you can fix that with a careful application of the super glue

looking forward to this build

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
never understood this thread. just, never got it.

its about building MODELS...

i know that seems impossible to grasp, but its pretty simple my man.

i see even the farthest reaches of 12oz cannot escape this brand of comedic banter....awesome!

thanks KO for turning me onto this thread. gonna try to cop the P-51 this week and get started..im diging the level of nerd-dom im seeing in this thread..pretty dope.

• 2 weeks later...

Engine_Right_Side_jpg.jpg

Rad_Plumbing_Right_jpg.jpg

Header_Left_Side_jpg.htm

Overall_Top_Right_jpg.jpg

Front_Brake_jpg.jpg

Shizuoka_Show_jpg.jpg

Transmission_View_jpg.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/bil_attridge/Gallery/Formula_One/index.htm

the detail on this is insane. how much time and money would be invested in this?

(edit) okay, just answered my own question :

Conclusion

There are two main principles that I follow when it comes to building models. The first one is that absolutely every part must be airbrushed, no matter the size. This ensures that the paint is thin and evenly applied. The second rule was passed on to me several years ago at a model show that each subassembly should be assembled to museum quality, and when these subassemblies are put together, the result is spectacular…although, I go one step further, I ensure each part is worthy on it’s own merit. With this mindset, I can go about creating highly detailed and authentic racing replicas.

This model was built over the span of two years with an estimated time of at least 1800 hours devoted to replicating the MP4/6 and another 250 hours went into just researching my reference material to ensure that no detail was overlooked including over 600 photoetch nuts, bolts and washers that were used throughout! I decided to build Gerhard Berger’s car in celebration with his current success with Williams BMW and because Senna often overshadowed him during the 1991 season.

Two days prior to driving to Tamiya Con 2003 in southern California from British Columbia, Canada, my McLaren MP4/6 was completed. Mr. Tamiya awarded me for my efforts as this year’s Master Modeler and my MP4/6 and I were off to Japan…but that’s another story!

http://members.shaw.ca/bil_attridge/Gallery/Formula_One/Full_Build_Report.htm

also,

http://members.shaw.ca/bil_attridge/Gallery/Formula_One/641/index.htm

http://members.shaw.ca/bil_attridge/Gallery/Formula_One/MP4_6/In_Progress/index.htm

The Toyota pick up w/ZPU-1 AA gun mounted in back by MENG just arrived in the mail from Hong Kong.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_boxart3-4b.jpg.2da7178332cbe4d55454fdcdd482dece.jpg

First check out the designer box art.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_boxart-sideb.jpg.f6dbc46fee443df1b31270f4dd42b4d6.jpg

The i-sheets.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_isheet-3-4.jpg.5c1ede01371b0ec95dfbd36a677114fb.jpg

th_MENG_ZPU-1_isheet-1.jpg.d831b363f0484899be203c7853b20467.jpg

The i-sheets are glossy paper like a magazine. The first page illustrates options for scratch building or indicates future kit options. The last page shows painting guide suggestions.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_figure-art_.jpg.5c1aa56472f1add1e0ee1f7474330258.jpg

The box art of the machine gun operator figure in the back sports a sweat jacket of a popular company. Upon closer inspection, we notice how the logo is modified enough to get away without paying license fees.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_figure-sprue1.jpg.af774d15362467445dcc1a226ec5ff2d.jpg

The figure molding is not very impressive, however is a unique and rare subject in this scale.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_contents.jpg.f62a77f496b300240317673cf0eacabf.jpg

The contents of this kit is internally packaged carefully too.

th_MENG_ZPU-1_contents-dashleft.jpg.3a6b2774b23eac93b90552361c11e737.jpg

This is a left side drive vehicle.

Overall I am impressed with this unique kit of a subject that I am very interested in for building. I should have advanced my nerdery and bought two, one to build and one to keep...

th_MENG_ZPU-1_boxart-side.jpg.523c6bc7c1da2e437f9d4f0eda647500.jpg

th_MENG_ZPU-1_isheet-options.jpg.309bc1b983e1498c2967402aec81d8ac.jpg

th_MENG_ZPU-1_contents-cab.jpg.d494f7153b81565f556b53f7ad0deb47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...