Official Battle Thread

StarzAbove

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Joker

Jeez! I know artists are self-hating by nature, but mine sucks in comparrison to yours. The flow and even weighted ends are beautiful. Thanks for the friendly battle!!

One vote for Spellbound right here

Holy shit, self hater oner....

Breaking it down, I think this battle comes down totally to personal preference...

Spellbound, really nice execution, not the kinda of style I usually feel but you've nailed it... I don't really think I know the style enough to be able to make a real opinion, my personal feeling on this one is that it has a lot of random stuff that doesn't add to the letters, like the little blobs on the bottom of the L, D and G, and the blob that makes the middle bar of the E. The symmetry that you made with the ends is kinda thrown off by the connection from the top of the D to the G, and the arrow coming off the top of the G as well, but I dunno if that was intentional.

Joker, even tho it feels weird criticising seeing as I usually jock your stuff like mad: if I've understood the letters correctly the G and E are hot, but the L is weak, it doesnt have the same confidence as the other letters. Also, right now you're rocking a style which I find uses the edges waaaay too much. I know you're all for minimalism, but the letters are becoming too thin, and the negative space you're making isn't all that interesting. As usual, I question whether you have a bionic hand because the smoothness of those lines is crazy (and I ask again if you have any tips to share on that), but that's for another time.

To be honest, to compare the two pieces on skill is kinda crazy, they're totally different styles and approaches. I think you two should rematch and break it down into Handstyle/Throwie/Simple, just for the hell of it... And just cuz I want to see more sketches from the two of you! :D

I honestly can't vote, good job both.

Props to Spike for commenting on the two other than...

wow DOPE! or wow WACK!

nice sum up, I was amazed this time that I saw the Joker one right away, right off the bat. but then again having prior knowledge of the word probably helped a tad. both are ill though. Good to see some nice contributions in here.

Originally posted by yoink

Props to Spike for commenting on the two other than...

wow DOPE! or wow WACK!

indeed!

it's a rare treat to hear someone actually offer up a quality critique

of something joker has done. most people usually just drool as soon

as he posts an image and loose the power to think objectively.

And yes... nice work spike. You do know your stuff.

I'm kinda bored... anyone wanna battle me? If we do I'd rather it just be an outline battle or somethin since I hate colors and can usually never think of nice schemes and shit lol. But I might do colros and stuff anywayz, don't care just lemme know watcha wanna do and the word...

If ya wanna see watcha up against (notup against much really lol) you can check my post or whatever... and um yea, so just lemme now if ya wanna battle me.

Originally posted by JayFo

I'm kinda bored... anyone wanna battle me? If we do I'd rather it just be an outline battle or somethin since I hate colors and can usually never think of nice schemes and shit lol. But I might do colros and stuff anywayz, don't care just lemme know watcha wanna do and the word...

If ya wanna see watcha up against (notup against much really lol) you can check my post or whatever... and um yea, so just lemme now if ya wanna battle me.

im down jyse, your not up against much though, hit me up on aim

pleesedontimme

Originally posted by JayFo

I'm up for it, just pick a word. Black and white is good.