Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

000_0030.jpg

000_0031.jpg

000_0034.jpg

000_0028.jpg

this is some of my sketches not colored or nothing just letter wise . and to tell you the truth i dont think is that bad i seriously thought it was ok.. not the best but ok. so i figured i go into canvases. again like i said this is beginers shit and i have no former art training...

but thanks for the criticism i didnt like it but i guess ill jsut put in more effort on the next ones. and sorry but the tag aint gonna change. when i got it i wasnt looking for something original if you think about it all tags are pretty muck taken and i really liked the way i did a rebel when i first started. so i kept it and belive me iv had my share of heat cause of it ... dont think i dont understand what im saying but its jsut been to long to change it now you feel me.

Originally posted by donmakavely@Jan 4 2006, 01:41 PM

this is some of my sketches not colored or nothing just letter wise . and to tell you the truth i dont think is that bad i seriously thought it was ok.. not the best but ok. so i figured i go into canvases. again like i said this is beginers shit and i have no former art training...

but thanks for the criticism i didnt like it but i guess ill jsut put in more effort on the next ones. and sorry but the tag aint gonna change. when i got it i wasnt looking for something original if you think about it all tags are pretty muck taken and i really liked the way i did a rebel when i first started. so i kept it and belive me iv had my share of heat cause of it ... dont think i dont understand what im saying but its jsut been to long to change it now you feel me.

OK, keep the name rebel, but you will get nothing but laughed at if you contiue to write "CIA". Also, since you quoted Stylewars in your canvas I assume you know of Dondi's (rip) crew CIA but decided to use the name anyway.

If you truly have ten years in the game and this is the point your at I would suggest getting a new hobby.

I usally just keep this shit to myself but you asked for feedback.....Moral of the story: "Be Carefull What You Ask For, You Just Might Get it...

yaea i was waiting for that ...

it really dosent matter casue noone ever belives me but here it goes anyways ...

i had emailed Duro a while back you know duro from CIA and TOP crew and i explained to him that when i started writing noone game me no rules yes a toy knows no rules so i told him i was throwing CIA up that if he minded .. he said it was ok that he didnt mind so i kept writing it ... actually he sounded happy that i was throwing it up... and belive me i had my share of heat about that to ... actually i dont get any respect but hey i paint not casue is a hobby i do it casue i like doing it ... and becasue you critizize me it wont make me stop ... how about some constructive criticizim!!!

"hay wha'ts up, thanks for the kind words especially about dondi, i have no problem you can press of cia and top cause both crew are the same family rep it to the fullest and sure one of these days i'll be in miami thanks for the invite and i know it's negotiate lol lol lol lol lol thanks for the laughter peace and god bless my cia top brother!"

here is the email he wrote back to me ... so see for your self

i write cia as in criminally insane artist theirs is defferent but from the letter you make your own assumption...

also i wanna make one thing clear i dont wanna put myself in theyr level and i know i dont belong there either. whats in the letter is what he said and i took it as in you can write it and rep the same fam but i wouldnt consider myself in theyr statue... ....now can we get back to the canvases please...i go thru this errtime i post something that says CIA and to tell you the truth this is the first time i post the letter up and it dosent make me feel any better....

I didnt know you could join a crew via Email. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Anyways, constructive criticizm,,your letters are not yet strong enough to carry the work. Like Lettermechanic said, more book work is needed. From the sketches it seems that you grasp the basic concept, but work on your individual letters is sorely needed. With out all the weird serifs and loop de loos the letters are far too weak to stand on their own..The simples on your canvas are more in the direction you should be going..

My two centavos......