Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking@Dec 27 2005, 04:17 AM

you'd think since it had been a while, you would have progressed a bit in that time, but nope. you just picked a couple other people to bite as well.

thumbs down.

just, what did you use for the jungle? and big up on the no tags.

oh crap, less than 10 mins from my post and your already behind me, i think thats a record,

for myself i belive i progressed. i chould post 3 yrs woth of work in a time line for an example, but who am i trying to inpress here.

as for bites, i dont see any bitting...i used teabags for sakes to paint this.everything here is my own and is build up to my own

thank you, hate on

kaws, twist, 3a, mega-generic clouds...you've heard it dozens of times from dozens on people on here. it can't possibly be anything new on my end, since it's nothing new on yours.

and you can hide behind your alternative use of tea (which has been used as a pigment for thousands of years) but that's hardly what i was talking about. i actually sort of half respected that one.

thanks for the replies,

McPhoo, I did that Jungle one in four days. I was under mad pressure to get it done for my girlfriend's step-dad before christmas. I had to do a bit each night after work which was fucking annoying because I can only use spraypaint outside and by the time i got home from work it was dark and cold. But once the background was locked it was better because i could do it in doors while watching the feature length episode of family guy - is it true you guys are on series five??

Seeking, the terms of the verbal contract between myself and the step-dad implied that the presence of tags would devalue the peice as a whole (i said a-whole!) And I thank you for the ups. I used brown and black paint pens. the black was shitty and running out which actually helped me when it came to folliage.

feels good not to have put a tag on either of them; kinda like not smoking over christmas (which i did!)

just a quickie... did it today.

the background is an excerpt from Egdar Allen Poe's "The Raven"

Excerpt:

But the raven, sitting lonely on that placid bust, spoke only

That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.

Nothing further then he uttered; not a feather then he fluttered;

Till I scarcely more than muttered, "Other friends have flown before;

On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before."

Then the bird said, "Nevermore."

done for a girl... on 14X16 canvas.

The raven

thegoodtheravenpic4og.jpg

theraven29qw.jpg

close up

theraven66nj.jpg

I like it RD.. It got a newschool letterstyle / oldschool background type feel. I can see why you painted over it though, the colors threw me off, although, If i were you, I would have dropped a white inside outline on it with some more fill in, that would have popped it off.