Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^i agree.. that shyt got played out when uhhhh like jackson pollick did it..omg drips were so like.. 1980s lol.. i need to do a graffiti masters guid about painting canvas..

note:wanna feel artistic..throw some paint on a canvas,, it shows your inner most feelings, and your tormented soul..lol :yuck:

Guest KING BLING

I AM THE KING OF THE INTERWEB AND SPARKLING CONFLICT DIAMONDS THAT KANYE WEST RAPS ABOUT. BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE, I HATE DRIPS - DON'T MAKE ME BAN YOU...

KING BLING, OUT...

word.

seeking, street cred is generally handed out by members of the public. people with a knowledge of decent graffiti will not be so generous in granting street credits to people who make wanton use of drips and stencils. None of my friends give a shit about graffiti - most think it is shitty (50% of the stuff you see on walls in this country is!) But most of them feel it works on canvas. Thus they grant me a street credit card which agreed, I have currently maxed out. If i had oils and brushes I would be doing different stuff right know, but i did my budget for the month and i need to earn money not spend it, so i will continue to sell stuff to people who don't care much for graffiti but like what i do.

ps. out of interest, what do you think of mear and daim's canvas work? They tend to use letters and drips and shit. I think they are amazing and shit on alot of conceptual modern brush paintings.

But to be fair they are at the top of the pile and the pile is big and it smells bad at the bottom.

do you think that the whole process is different depending on whether you started as an artist and got into graf or started as a writer and got into painting?

It really depends on how the drip or the splat is being used. If something is dope, straight up, I won't say, AAAAAW, he used drips, man thats weak, But if you are using them because thats all you can do and you are hiding behind the fact that you suck, then , thats a different story altogether.

In that case your style your style gets the flush.

daim_blau_pink.jpg

Here's one of Daim's peices , he uses drips , splatter, even an arrow,

all that played out stuff , but can you call it wack?? No , because It's how you freak it , Style is ALWAYS the most important factor. No Doubt.

...and daim, obviously, has a mature understanding of movement, rythym, composition, and the other various elements and principles of art and design, [i'm guessing] based on years of study and practice; and he is clearly influenced by other types of art, other that graff...when someone like daim utilizes drips and paint splatters, it's fresh, expressive, and aesthetically pleasing...however, when kats, whom know very little about clever composition and placement, use drips and splats and even arrows, they rarely do anything different or interesting with it, and they tend to copy certain visual trends that they have already seen done by so many others, it just ends up looking as if they're trying too hard to create art that fits into the box of some existing genre or sub-genre

im too tired to get into this now, but 'street cred' is given out by those who know, not simply people who happen to walk down a street. or atleast that's my interpretation of it. in either case, who cares.

dawood got the drip thing. if it's something that add's to a canvas, fine, rock it. but cats in here do it because they dont know what else to do. cause they saw futura get over and they think they can too. naw brah.

ultimately, who gives a fuck. im just trying to get people to broaden their horizons. if they dont want to, then thats on them.