Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

just finishing a canvas . first one i have done an was wondering is there a way of laquering the finished product. the reason i ask is because i have used spray paint ,but also some markers on it so i don't know if spraying some thing over the marker would mess around with it an make it go funny . any help would be appreciated cheers

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking@Feb 1 2005, 10:24 AM

but if it bothers you as much as it appears to, i'd suggest packing up camp and moving along

THis does not bother me @ all. Again you continue speaking for me, which is okay. I forgot you are the one with infinite sight who can read my mind and critique as you please.

JUST CUS YOU HAVE AN OPINION does not mean we give a flying fuck if it is GOOD art in your eyes, who the fuck are you anyway and if your "peers" think your someone i still retain my stance. This was my point the whole time.

don't know about laquer, but clear spray finish does me right when i ahve some marker on top of painted canvas. i guess it's all what6 kind of ink the marker had in it. why don't you do a test on some cardboard or whatever? post that canvas up when you're done.

pantyraider: hotness.

I remember seeing 'Rock and Roll High School' in the late 70's.

I loved the music and thought it was funny, but my mom thought it was stupid and crass. She liked the classics like 'Gone with the Wind' and 'It Happened in Brooklyn' and said those were REAL movies.

A few years later she said the same about Punk Rock.

Originally posted by AW@Feb 1 2005, 02:26 PM

I remember seeing 'Rock and Roll High School' in the late 70's.

I loved the music and thought it was funny, but my mom thought it was stupid and crass. She liked the classics like 'Gone with the Wind' and 'It Happened in Brooklyn' and said those were REAL movies.

A few years later she said the same about Punk Rock.

excellent use of a metaphor....

Originally posted by lestalad@Feb 1 2005, 08:14 PM

just finishing a canvas . first one i have done an was wondering is there a way of laquering the finished product. the reason i ask is because i have used spray paint ,but also some markers on it so i don't know if spraying some thing over the marker would mess around with it an make it go funny . any help would be appreciated cheers

if its paint marker u dont wanna go to heavey with the laquer, spray a lil mist about 12 in'' from the canvas very lightly and that should protect it, and keep everything from not bluring

i just wanted to fill you guys in on something. we lost joker from this thread and possibly the forum. he's just observing now. no more posting any of his artwork, no more comments. just observing. being a invisible moderator. it's because of this bickering and bullshit.

you know, if we can't take the fire, get the fuck out of the kitchen. seeking has taught his lesson well. to most...if you're new, learn. his criticism isn't just inflamed asshole syndrome. it's real. it's harsh. but there's no doubt in my mind that if any of us were to hang out with him, he'd be the coolest guy in the world.

i think it's intimidating to people to hear someone speak so freely, but it's with the best intentions. unless you get on his bad side, i'm guessing he's just offering up his words. just like joker....now he's gone. we're losing the really good people, with knowledge one by one.

in short: don't fuck it up. these people have more experience than alot on here. don't fuck it up.

regardless of what some of you obviously think, my main intention is to help people to look at their work in a different way, which hopefully will allow them to grow. whatever i think will be most effective is the approach i use. most people in this thread are either such novices that being too critical would be complete over kill, or they obviously know what they're doing and can handle (and appreciate) an honest opinion without need for sugar coating or explanation. the only people i'm ever 'harsh' with are those in the middle who seem to have more interest in the 'product' than in the 'piece' and are excessively resistant to the idea that they might somehow improve. joker would try to play the 'nice guy' with those types but his simple suggesters were always falling on combative ears. he'd wind up banging his head against a wall, being put down and insulted by kids who will never achieve a thousanth of what he has, all because they know more than he does. whatever. it's no wonder he hung it up. i'm amazed he lasted as long as he did...

having said all that, i humbly request we let this shit go and get back to posting canvases and discussing new work, not discussing me.

"having said all that, i humbly request we let this shit go and get back to posting canvases and discussing new work"

nicely said...

i got a new one in the works - i'll get a snap when i get home form work this afternoon..let you guys see my progress...

on another note - i'm new here, so i'm not gonna step on toes getting into arguments - i'm just glad that the artists here that share their work do so, it's an enormous inspiration as an artist to see others doing what they love to do. regardless of your style just keep on, don't get hung up if someone doesn't dig what you do - ignore the ingnorant and keep painting - it's good for the soul.