Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

does anyone have any canvases that have absolutely NOTHING to do with graff? no letters, no overspray backgrounds, no spray paint involved at all, no 'characters', no quotes, no drips, no tags, no big L memorials, no girls with tiny hands and dollar sign titties, no pictures of other peoples graff silkscreened onto a canvas?

anybody got anything like that?

nothing against any of that stuff, i'd just like to see some non-graff work (preferably that does not suck).

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 31 2005, 11:32 AM

does anyone have any canvases that have absolutely NOTHING to do with graff? no letters, no overspray backgrounds, no spray paint involved at all, no 'characters', no quotes, no drips, no tags, no big L memorials, no girls with tiny hands and dollar sign titties, no pictures of other peoples graff silkscreened onto a canvas?

nothing against any of that stuff, i'd just like to see some non-graff work (preferably that does not suck).

It is only logical, or atleast quite reasonable to expect canvases influenced by graffiti in a GRAFFITI FORUM. As one could expect to find faggots dancing in pink socks in a homosexual forum. If you seeking do not understand this, it would be of great benefit to your psyche to not read the following.

Now I will behave like some of these moderators. if you do not like the work or you feel like you have to keep posting all your crews flix, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD TO SHOW YOUR GRAAFFITI AND NON- GRAFFITI WORK and vibe off your best friends remark and if you already have one, direct the energy back to that thread. Or make a new thread it is that simple, no c.o.d's no h.i.v screening, stop yapping already. GO to the untitled forum. Leave this thread to "us" who do not have your canvas hours, and you will never be annoyed by our work, i promise. A great title for you and your pals.... the 12oz super friends.

The fact that you and your e-gang keep bashing people's work says nothing about the persons work but rather of the fact that you are probably a bit over critical. So what if it sucks? So what if they dont put a T with a square on their piece? SO FUCKING WHAT! So what if some people never had an art gallery spot, so what.

Bash what few canvases I posted it's okay, I'll be in my geology course discussing the octate rule and silly covalent bonds. In better words I enjoy working on a canvas here and there, it is not my career goal and if it were i still would not feel to be the divine one to critique! so with that in mind god bless those who keep posting with out crying.

Originally posted by SeYnO9+Jan 31 2005, 02:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SeYnO9 - Jan 31 2005, 02:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Jan 31 2005, 11:32 AM

It is only logical, or atleast quite reasonable to expect canvases influenced by graffiti in a GRAFFITI FORUM. As one could expect to find faggots dancing in pink socks in a homosexual forum. If you seeking do not understand this, it would be of great benefit to your psyche to not read the following.

Now I will behave like some of these moderators. if you do not like the work or you feel like you have to keep posting all your crews flix, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD TO SHOW YOUR GRAAFFITI AND NON- GRAFFITI WORK and vibe off your best friends remark and if you already have one, direct the energy back to that thread. Or make a new thread it is that simple, no c.o.d's no h.i.v screening, stop yapping already. GO to the untitled forum. Leave this thread to "us" who do not have your canvas hours, and you will never be annoyed by our work, i promise. A great title for you and your pals.... the 12oz super friends.

The fact that you and your e-gang keep bashing people's work says nothing about the persons work but rather of the fact that you are probably a bit over critical. So what if it sucks? So what if they dont put a T with a square on their piece? SO FUCKING WHAT! So what if some people never had an art gallery spot, so what.

Bash what few canvases I posted it's okay, I'll be in my geology course discussing the octate rule and silly covalent bonds. In better words I enjoy working on a canvas here and there, it is not my career goal and if it were i still would not feel to be the divine one to critique! so with that in mind god bless those who keep posting with out crying.

[/b]

i quoted you so when you realize what a monumental ass you just made of yourself, there will be no saving face and hopefully next time, before you go off talking shit about people, you'll check yourself.

1. i was not 'bashing' anything or anyone i was simply REQUESTING that if people had some work that had nothing to do with graffiti, that they post it. notice the 'nothing against any of that stuff' line?! i think all too often people assume that since this is a 'graffiti' forum, that any other canvas work would be irrelivent. the fact that we're on page what? 70? and there have only been a handfull of them posted over is testiment to that. many writers fancy themselves as being 'artists' in other respects, i was just trying to get people to share anything else they might have. the 'that does not suck' was directed towards verbal kint, not....

2....to you. the 'last 10 posts' function wont let me see back to all the stuff you posted, and i never pay attention to names when looking in here so i cant get more specific, but i liked the blue one up above this, which is what prompted me want to see more non-graff work (because other than the splatters, i dont think it's 'graffiti' at all.) so in a hillarious twist of irony, while you were sitting there all fucking bent out of shape huffing and puffing about what an asshole i am, i was sitting here being excited that maybe people had something else to offer other than b-boy characters.

in the future, perhaps you should check your fragile fucking ego and NOT assume that people are talking about you, especially when what they're saying is not even offensive to begin with.

as for me and my 'super friends', don't worry, i think we've all pretty much decided that trying to contribute to this thread is a complete waste of our 'canvas hours'. your reply is just another perfect example that.

'cheers'.

MY reason to post was not because of me. What really set me in to posting was the verbal kint remarks. Whether i made a monumental ass or not, matters not to me. I do not care about an e-rep or any graffiti rep. The exact reasons i left graffiti. Everytime a discussion takes place the term "ego" comes to dance, which says a lot of those who part- take in the graffiti culture. Seeking you always seem to make a reply to everyone's post, and it is annoying, again for the sake of being redundant, THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE TIMES YOU YAP ON EVERYBODY'S SHIT. Simply because it does not involve me does not mean I should lay around and be apathetic.

Originally posted by SeYnO9@Jan 31 2005, 01:14 PM

Leave this thread to "us" who do not have your canvas hours, and you will never be annoyed by our work, i promise.

again, by simply posting you are still paticipating and being part of the thread.

sincerely

hugs and kisses...xoxoxo :love2:

i'm never annoyed by work, i'm annoyed by the attitudes of those who make it. this isnt elementary school art class (despite the frequent similarities) and i'm under no obligation to anyone to be nice. if people can't handle being told they suck, they should work a little harder on not sucking. if that offends them, or random people who have nothing to do with things, then fuck 'em.

sorry.

:(

I can agree with you. I have no problem in searching for truth with anyone who embodies an anti- thesis. Over the pages, and feel free to check yourself, you have constantly offered advice at times and on certain instances you come off as being arrogant with your views.

Again i am not an american so i do not feel people are entitled to all of my opinions, and unlike you i enjoy being nice. though my girl never leaves home with out her blade, i do enjoy her yelling fuck that nigga at hot topic kids.

I DONT BELIEVE IN ARGUING, JUST SO YOU KNOW, and i hate raising my voice.

I've yet to meet an absolute perfectionist whose was filled with inner peace. the need for perfection and desire for inner tranquility conflict with each other. Whenever we are attached to having something a certain way, better than it already is, we are, almost by definition engaged in a losing battle. Rather than being content and grateful for what we have, we are focused on what's wrong with something and our need to fix it. when we are zeroed in on what's wrong, it implies that we are dissatisfied, discontent.

whether it's related to ourselves- a disorganized closet, a scratch on the car, an imperfect accomplishment, a few pounds we would like to lose- or SOMEONE else's "imperfections"- the way some one looks, behaves, or lives their life- the very act of focusing on imperfection pulls us away from being kind. This has nothing to do with ceasing to do your VERY BEST but with being overly attached with whats wrong with life and it's little stuff. It's about realizing that while there's always a better way to do something, this does not mean that you can't enjoy and appreciate the way things already are.

the habit of insisting that things should be other than they are keeeps you from realizing that it is okay the way THINGS are right now... IN THE ABSENCE OF YOUR JUDGEMENT EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE.

richard carlson

"does anyone have any canvases that have absolutely NOTHING to do with graff? no letters, no overspray backgrounds, no spray paint involved at all, no 'characters', no quotes, no drips, no tags,"

unfortunately, no i don't...my art, and my interests revolve around characters...so it's hard to find any of my work without some hint of a character in it...i see where you're coming from with your request tho. i do alot of digital work that isn't graf related...mostly abstract type shit.. you can see more @ Madcapa.com

so i'll just mini flood with a few of my own personal favorite canvases...

mad_canvas_1.jpg

mad_canvas_10.jpg

mad_canvas_4.jpg

mad_canvas_5.jpg

mad_canvas_6.jpg

mad_canvas_8.jpg

mad_eat_you_alive.jpg

mad_rub_you_out.jpg

and 1 of my girl's canvases

canvas01.gif