Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

GREEN1.jpg

yo seeking or anybody else i was wonderin if you could critique this canvas i did awhile go. tear it apart as much as you want and maybe throw in some advice if you feel like it. i know my stuff needs a ton of work but it qould be nice to get some advice...

zealot- i would get rid of that brown block thing going on, its takeing away from your peice...i would also blow u peice up and make it larger its to small the background is over takeing it, i would also make a soild black boarder around the whole canvas to lock everything up, add more to your fill, make a brighter boarder on your peice not bule maby a really lighter baby bule, also lose to the drips on the boarder...other than that it looks good, everything just needs to be fixed a lil put into place, also i like the background its almost like a fog mist, i would keep going with that, but the white on the green is to much i would to the fog thing with maby other lighter shades of green

Originally posted by Nutonce@Feb 8 2005, 02:38 AM

i like when canvases dont display an inkling of graffiti influence. just good artwork only. i say keep graff in its designated places. and everything "art oriented" or whatever you would like to call it on canvas. maybe im wrong, fuck that, im not.

You are wrong.Who died and made you boss?

Who are you to govern the materials that artists use? If you dont like the art or the material its on then simply dont look at it. There are enough things in this world to keep you entertained, why bother wasting your time whinging to people who just DONT CARE.

Graffiti is a rebel movement and it is displayed wherever people want it to be. . .

seth, relax. im not the boss anim not advising anything regarding materials and i am an obsessed participant in the graffiti universe. i just dont think graff looks as good on canvasas as it would outdoors, thats all. of course everyone can do what they want, and im not knocking, my taste isjust different then yours, i'd rather do my graff outdoors than on canvas.

you should too.

Guest im not witty

not actually a canvas, but instead a giant three dimensional blck of heavy wood. about 3 feet high. i painted it with brushes though so its a fucking canvas. cant get a good photo but you get the idea.

newnamerrtrtrtrtr.jpg