Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

But seriously seeking I understand that we may have two different views on what is aesthetically pleasing – this is okay – difference is what makes the world go round – What I do find interesting is how my art seems to deeply affects and offend you (both because of the initial post and because you felt the need to repost in weeks later – I am glad you did tho because it has allowed me the opportunity to respond to you valid points). This is a true sign that art is doing it’s job. You seem very defensive (both because of the general tone of your response and personal attacks on me whom you have never met and know nothing about) and that usually that means someone is insecure with themselves. The middle schoolness aside I will respond to the points that I feel are valid.

I’m sure that you can easily see the similarities in your response to my art and what the general public feels about your (and all of our) graffiti. It’s all relative. What I find really interesting is that my two newest series of paintings are indeed titled “fruit stripes zebra threw up on a scrap piece of wood” and “bad art factory that's working over time on the back of child labor.” – I guess we can chalk that one up to coincidence - on a side note I also find most 7 year old finger paintings more interesting than “modern art” or for that matter “graffiti”. As far as the commercialization of graffiti - to that I simply say that everyone is doing it nowadays – mark ecko is coming out with a graffiti video game for Christ sakes. I would rather slang some paintings myself (of which I have sold quite a few on EBAY and other wise but that is really none of your business because you are neither my accountant or my wife – although you nag me like one.) I have at least got my hands dirty – done a humble amount of tagging, piecing, bombing, etc. – I am most certainly not claiming I’m a king or that everything I touch is fantastic. I’m not sure which of us is more toy – me hustling money from women and toys on EBAY or you buying ridiculously taxed cans (go find a fucking old hardware store for Christ sakes) – either way I could care less though – Oh and if you really are heartbroken by my “$19.95 hustles” – simply do an advanced search and put “KAI” as a word to exclude.

But I think you deep down inside really want me to drop a canvas of your name for you – And you know what – for you I would do it free.

By the way I’d like to see what your art looks like (graff or otherwise) just out of curiosity.

XOXOXOXOXO

Oh by the way my paintings to got flies buzzing all around them

Cuz they’re the shit nigga

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude i understand this is a A & B convo, but i gotta C my way in...only becuase you sound like someone i would just like to punch in the face for being so fucking stuipd...look kid sit down and lissen before u run off and make yourself look more like a fucking clown....

i told you before...your art fucking sucks u have no style no idea of color use...you just blob a bunch of shit on a canvas and think its some kind of art form just because its all wacky....even wacky splash art has plot and planing behind it ....you seem like a kid that mom and pa puts through art school and ur work looks like ur art teachers are eating ur brain out stop lissening to everyone and stop makeing so much grabage...the only thing u got going for yourself is the canvases with ''OTHER'' ppls graffiti work on them...and i dought those artists would like what u are doing to their work...pick out colors get an idea...you know something that chould have a storie or feel behind it...then take ur time...and watch your self get better...the more u paint crap and thinking its the shit the more its gunna get worse...everyone and my self have been there and done that... the only reason your crap is proly selling on e-bay is becuase more fucked up kids unlike urself are buying it...wouldent you rather have ppl with highstanders own ur work?

now that is out the way

do not...do not...talk shit about old paint if you know nothing about it or the roots cans cost alot of money because you cant put a price tag on history and time...and some ppl are willing to bid high on certin cans they need for there collotion...

and please dont flood this thread with your crap...if u wanna be a post hore then make ur own thread

im sorry dude u cant act like ur shit dont stink...and i think everyone will agree with me on this...and i had to knock some sence into your silly head....down the road maby in 3-5 months you will look back and be like....damn i was soo gay...

Guest KING OF HELL

Joker here, again...

Verbal Kint - You know, I don't have to agree with you or anyone else about your art. Personally, as if it even matters, I think your work is horrible. Bottom line is you have the right on this site to post images as you see fit, under the rules and regulations.

But...

If you plan on posting so many fucking images of your own work then I suggest you start a thread specifically for your work. I used to enjoy coming on here to see canvas work from a group of people. Now when I come on here I see nothing but your shit page after page. And it's all the same thing. That, honestly, has grown quite tiring. I'm bored with it. And I guarentee you that a handful if not more of others are bored with it as well. A few here and there is fine but if you want to drop ten and twenty images per post... start your own thread.

Not that it matters or that you care either Joker but I think your art is horrible too - but I can also understand why - 2 opposite ends of the spectrum - anyways I will leave this forum free of my art so that you guys can lavish in the joys of seeing the same played out letters, drips, bubbles, shines, and twist bite characters

I think that your klique needs to take its own advice and transcend your same circa 99 minimalist styles

I realize it my be biting the hand that feeds seeing that this is your boys board and all but damn those weird geometric shit may have been alright in 98 but fuck....

Originally posted by Verbal Kint@Jan 23 2005, 05:27 AM

Not that it matters or that you care either Joker but I think your art is horrible too...I think that your klique needs to take its own advice and transcend your same circa 99 minimalist styles...I realize it my be biting the hand that feeds seeing that this is your boys board and all but damn those weird geometric shit may have been alright in 98 but fuck....

UYo73_zealot2.jpg

XHicA_munesketch4b.jpg

munegrey.jpg

kema.jpg

8jlsM_3dayparty.jpg

4j9KN_joke.JPG

2LnVi_jokerboards01.jpg

1P7p5_joker03.jpg

BY45v_jokerfreight.jpg

JspZG_joker_oldass.jpg

08G38_joker33.jpg

Persue.jpg

persue08.jpg

h7JA3_oouija_aok.jpg

Sj9QM_ouija_lc_11-17-02.jpg

8Q4Y6_ouija7.jpg

E1YOa_ouija_10_21.jpg

UjUI2_ouijanewest.jpg

just to recap..."I think that your klique needs to take its own advice and transcend your same circa 99 minimalist styles"

you can attribuite my motivation to whatever you'd like, but the fact remains that your 'art' is complete shit. pass it off as jealousy if it makes you feel better, but truth is truth. you should spend a little more time respecting jokers comments (that you asked for) and a little less time talking out your ass.

thanks for the submissions to our site btw, we'll get back to you. ;)

yo thats some hot shit Selm, specially that new freshy

wurd up from BS

and Verbal Kint, some of those look like they could be nice, but then u go and ruin em' by sprayin an ugly ass block and write'n sumthin stupid on it.... sometimes u gotta learn to jus stop and be done with it before u ruin the entire project.

anyways, u gotta do your own thing, but u also gotta take the oppinions of other people into concideration, because in most cases, art is made for other people to look at, so taking critisizm possitivly is key.

and also, concidering how many canvas's you do, progression SHOULD show from your work, but in your case everything is pretty much on the same level, maybe u should ponder on that and think about how u can learn from your work, because even the best have room to progress

but with that said, to each his own, and good luck with whatever u may decide on

peace

post his other works seeks: the stuff he did for nordstroms inside...the huge murals. maybe i'm biased, but i'm a bigger fan of jokers than any of that 'thrown together in an hour no heart in it" stuff i've been seeing.

damn, really must've pissed joker off to come on here and make comments like that. only saw it once before..that girl with the crap art who painted the dunks...heh...now that was humor. seeks even jumped in on the fun-bus with that one. maybe verbal kint and her are related???

Yeah, no doubt coffiecrave. And yes, those Rykes are fresh as well.

If Transcend did canvases, I'd buy them. The only thing I see from anyone from Transcend is the $250 canvas (or prints) that Joker did for Fourthehardway. Seeking, know any links? I only know of jincoes.com and I don't think that site sells any work.

peace,

-j.

Off note* Im going to have to agree with Seeking And Joker in response to Verbal Kint. I dont really see anything wrong with you selling you're art, if some one is going to pick it up and pay you for what it is that you do - thats great. The only complaint i had was that i saw a handfull of pieces that looked like they belonged to other people, Kel,Some etc, that had been photoshopped and printed to look like a mixed media project/piece- whatever.

Im not sure if you were selling those or if they were maybe one off's, something you tried and stopped..but yea, thumbs down for those.

hey verbal kunt,,str8 up that shit u doin, printing flix of OTHER PEOPLES work on your canvases is a str8 VIOLATION and could AND SHOULD result in you getting your fuckin face kicked in ..hope u dont run into any of the artists who u bootlegged on them pieces,,and those are the only ones out of all the crap u posted that looked decent, but thats because u chose quality graffitti to steal and try to profit off,,u a str8 up duck ass and should be beat,,and i never heard of you in anytype of writing tip, you aint a writer ,,and trust me i get around sucker,,u fuckin culture vulture,,,,,,,

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by GrimeyLife1@Jan 25 2005, 01:49 PM

Seeking-was any of that u posted your work?

verbal knit-give it up kid,your making yourself look stupid

ryke-nice work,keep em comin

none of that was seekings. he posted it to shoot down mr verbal kint's rediculous point about all of us transcend guys being minimalistand calling it "so 99" .

the first three were mine. ZEALOT., then KEMA, then starting with the snow boards and ending with the IHU abstract blue piece is JOKER. then a few PERSUE pieces, then some OUIJA.

and all in all, i'd say that its a pretty diverse grouping of styles. everything there has form and theory behind it. so i wouldnt go so far as to lump us all into some "abstrct minimalism hasbens" type of thing. everyone in the crew is good at what they do. and they work their asses off at it. while on the other hand even those basic pencil sketches of verbals need some basic drawing classes and everything else screams of laziness. and you shouldnt really go asking for feedback if you're going to get all butt-hurt about it.