Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hot as fucking hell........love all of this shit, coffie, love your style, and love those picks you posted, thanks for them, are you pulling these picks off of PARSKID.COM????? becuase that site is.........well i cant find anything like the stuff you said was on it........?

and that witch is pretty nice, just fix the neck......

propz!

sloppy olds..........sloppy simples

and coffie, where can i see more of DIE's stuff.?..hook me up man!

**originally there were fairly large pictures here that were reposted from two pages ago and blew out the side of the page and caused unecessary scrolling. i decided to remove them, but if you'd like to see the work (again), feel free to click this link and go back in time. -seeking

why should i bother trying to give advice? i'm sure everyone will progress much more quickly by sitting in a circle blowing smoke up eachothers asses.

:rolleyes:

it's funny, i saw the robot canvas and i thought 'wow, other than the cliche ass background, that's pretty dope, nice to see dude doing some different stuff...then i turn the page, and i realize that's not the case at all. needless to say i wasn't really surprised.

pt-sneaker-v-001.jpg

"i think to many kids are doing canvases...its like the whole nike dunk craze where ''everyone'' wants to be down...when something is done 1000 times, what makes u think its gunna be fresh just becuase you made it...people are going spraypaint backgrounds with a 5 sec splash and doing someweird outline with a deco with no meaning behind it, and calling it graffiti art...it has to stop you guys are clowning yourselfs and makeing a fool out of your own art form and also a bad name for others...im not trying to down anyone...but ppl its just gross !... "

shitty overspray/drip background? check

uninspired cliche character repeated a dozen times with no variation? check

nike dunk emblazed with same uninspired cliche character repeated with no variation? check

sorry homeboy, but you should probably take your own fucking advice.

you guys know why i'm an 'asshole'? because eventually someone is going to come along and have enough fucking heart to understand that learning is a painful process that never stops, and they're going to appreciate the fact that someone respected them enough to be honest. it's like telling your boy when he has spinach in his teeth before he tries kicking it to a girl. i started out like all of you, painting bullshit, trying to emulate the couple people that could do the 'cliche' shit without being cliche...then over a long, long period of time i learned how much of a waste of fucking time it was. if someone would have just been hoenst with me, i could have shaved (literally) years off the learning curve. but then again, you kids post work to get 'jocked', not to get advice. it's a waste of fucking time. you think cause little larry screen name, who still paints drywall in his moms garage says your shit is 'hot' that it means something.... wrong. little larry screen name doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground, yet that's the kid you're chosing to listen to, because it coincides with what you want to hear. if you wanna be lied to, by all means, disregard the cats who have enough experience to know what they're talking about, in lieu of those who don't, it's your integrity at stake. if you want to believe that 'as long as you're happy with it, that's what matters', go right ahead, but wouldnt you be happier if you could paint like totem? or like ewok? or like mode 2? guess how they got that good? by fucking busting their asses and not just being 'happy' with the initial bullshit that they made. shit takes time, dedication and sacrifice. it also takes a willingness to selflessly accept input from others. of course not everyone who criticises is right, but again, not everyone who jocks is either. eventually what you'll find, if you stick with shit for long enough, is that when you look back at your work, you'll just be embaressed for thinking you were such hot shit. everyone goes through that, unfortunately now theres the 'quote' button to remind you of your hubris.

shitty overspray/drip background? i dont see any over spray background i made it look like the shoe is metling...

uninspired cliche character repeated a dozen times with no variation?....thats MY character...my trade mark...my handstyle...MINE thats what i do...do you fucking jump down totems back for drawing the same ghost over and over...just like my and other peoples throws and hands we all have it..its a logo a trade mark...i also use my char. such as. if u dont like it then dont talk about it...

nike dunk emblazed with same uninspired cliche character repeated with no variation? had to use a nike dunk it was for sneakerpimps hint ''sneakers''

like i said before..wheres your canves work wheres your letters...art shows...trains...walls....???

post up...

i always take advice...i wouldent be here today with out advice...but i cant fart with out u down my back...and its starting to get creepy

He quoted your own words and you ask why he is asking. Think man ....

if you hadnt bitched about the cliche styles a few pages back you wouldnt have opened that can of worms ... I say you have no one to blame but yourself for looking like a tool.

I dont want to do anything but point out the obvious and leave it at that, Cuz other than the dunk canvas i like the progress i have seen from you recently, you are just looking like a punk posting images that counter everything you have to say.

ERIZENO SEEks-

i stile stand by my words...and the canvases i posted has nothing to do with drips..or over sprays at all....

yeh drip/spray craze is retarded, i love drips and over spray and use them sometimes myself...but not on that canves i posted... but u have to work at it to get it right..you cant just blop paint on a canvase and hope to get a artist look...and thats what alot ppl are doing today...

Originally posted by Coffie Crave@Feb 15 2005, 10:13 PM

i stile stand by my words...and the canvases i posted has nothing to do with drips..or over sprays at all....

i love drips and over spray and use them sometimes myself...but not on that canves i posted...

pt-sneaker-v-001.jpg

i'm not trying to 'pick' on you, but c'mon bro, earth to the fake take...i'm accused of being too harsh, not blind. just let it go....maybe spend some time learning how to spell the words 'still' and 'canvas' or something.

;)

tazztechnic,

those are dope.