Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

take5...or, i mean 7,

trust me amigo, if you're using 'compartive skill' as basis for criticism, you don't want to get into it with me. ;) i know what you're capable of, all you know is the two minimalist canvases i've chosen to share (which still show more depth, maturity and understanding than anything we've seen from you). you also already (unintentional and ironically) wrote yourself off with your completely hypocritical commentary the other day, chastising others for EXACTLY the same work you try and pass off on us. if you'd like to continue pushing the issue, by all means, keep it going, but personally, i'd be just as happy to let it go with me making a light hearted joke about your spelling, you misunderstanding my intent and us both calling it a day.

your choice.

coffie crave-

I actually like the old cans and the bugs on the lightbox, aesthetically that is. The canvases on the other hand.......

Personally I enjoy painting and drawing people. A lot of times there is no deep meaning behind my pieces, although occassionally I will pick a theme of sorts depending on how I feel or if I've read something that gets to me. I dont dislike art that is made with more "style" than "content." In my personal opinion the ges and kem canvases lack both (for the reasons previously stated)...

those parskids are neat...

Coffie Crave isn't parskid. But damn, there seems to be a lot of repeats in this thread. Quite possibly the most "trendiest" thread in the ounce. The drips, screen prints, ink blots(heh), effortless characters, etc. I really hate this shit. Seeing the same them over and over again makes me want to DO a canvas just to CONTRIBUTE to this thread. Which is a very poor reason to even attempt a canvas. Unless of course, you're already skilled and were somehow "motivated" by this thread.

I think that if this thread had a lot of variety, the drips trend would lessen. And maybe people will start caring and put more effort into their work. Let's hope for the best. I'll try my best to look for shit that will motivate people and who knows, maybe on day I'll attempt a canvas. Always wanted to try one. But if it's crap, I will leave it of this thread for the time being... Hooray.

falling_sky.jpg

*Still jockin' this. I'll try and find the "progession" shots for this one. This is like the only canvas I like from dude...

http://www.anry.ru/eng/index.htm

Originally posted by Hokus@Feb 6 2005, 01:14 AM

thats pretty raw graff...

If by raw you mean toy, then yes. Why is that even on a canvas? (referring to that "super star" one) I'm not trying to be an ass at all. I'm still toy. I just think that people need to get better before they start doing canvases. People are getting ahead of themselves. OR, people are just making canvases for this thread and without putting any real effort into their work. I like effort.

Willy Wonkster, those are pretty cool.

edit*

making me sound nicer.

Originally posted by Yellow Feets+Feb 6 2005, 03:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yellow Feets - Feb 6 2005, 03:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hokus@Feb 6 2005, 01:14 AM

If by raw you mean toy, then yes. Why is that even on a canvas? (referring to that "super star" one) I'm not trying to be an ass at all. I'm still toy. I just think that people need to get better before they start doing canvases. People are getting ahead of themselves. OR, people are just making canvases for this thread and without putting any real effort into their work. I like effort.

Willy Wonkster, those are pretty cool.

edit*

making me sound nicer.

[/b]

i was kidding bro

Originally posted by Yellow Feets+Feb 6 2005, 12:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yellow Feets - Feb 6 2005, 12:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hokus@Feb 6 2005, 01:14 AM

[/b]

I'm glad I got my point across..I found this canvas on Ebay, they asking $30 bukz for it....Just like you said, people getting ahead of themselves...Why everyone selling shit on Ebay..I understand theres sum nice shit there, but the Super Star one?...Come on now...I aint tryin to be a hater but...Damn...