Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

Not really a bump but more of an emphasis of the "ghost" trains - the ones that just coast real quiet like with the engine seemingly off. It happened that in this particular large, active yard that two lines were moving at the same time. The first I noticed was going quickly and making a great deal of noise. Because of this I neglected to notice the line right behind me roll right on past very close to me. I swear I didn't hear it or feel it. I nearly shit myself. I guess I would have to say that I wasn't on 100% alert. Could have killed me I bet.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word cros. I came up to my local yard today, and after crossing an empty siding I looked both ways before heading in, and to my left was a big fucking train barelling towards me, about 5-7 car lengths away. I actually said "FUCK" out loud and stepped back to watch it go by. I didnt hear shit and this thing wasnt running backwards or anything, just 2 ugly loud CN engines pulling a long load. I decided not to go in after the line went by...

Last night jumping thru a line of auto racks when the scariest shit of my life happened.The line got humped!I didn't fall of anything but got the scare of a life and i was all shakie after and was with my female friend that thaught it was super funny to see me almost fall off the train till i told her

what could of become of dear old raper!

I am never hopping thur the coppler again even tho i hit alot of autos and their really is no alternative to getting thru.

------------------

Those I`ve hated

Are the ones I`v held so close

And those who use betrayal

Will be the ones who suffer

The ones who suffer the most!

Guest cracked ass

It's like I said: 95 out of 100 times everything seems quiet, easy, non-problematic, none of the safety issues I mention even come up. When one of those 5 in 100 times happens, you're not ready, and it could be serious.

word cracked! I had taken most of this to heart, luckily last night I used the ladder. When we had driven past the end of the yard there was no engine on the train so we parked and ran over to the yard. We walked down a little further from the depot and decided to cross between 2 hoppers. My friend in the front peeped out to be sure noone was walking down the line and I was behind him and one other person, so I was standing over the coupler, one foot on each crosswalk. I heard something this weird sound but I thought it was the crosswalk creaking or something. A split second later the train lurched forward about a foot. Before I realized what was going on I was laying on the ground with my hand in my friends shoe. Needless to say, I will now check for engines and fly across crosswalks!

------------------

"A can in the belt is worth two in the cart."--Zen 2

Guest fr8lover

any time i feel the urge to cross under trains (except hoppers that are higher off the ground), i think of the pictures on deadtrainbums.com...FUCK THAT SHIT! hah. i basically look and see if any units are actually attached (if the train is smaller) to the cars and if not, i go for it.

------------------

------

FREIGHT FETISH

http://freights.fetishnews.net

------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest I_Lock_Kids_In_My_SELER

Damn man. Cracked Ass, this is the best fucking post. I am new to the graf world, and this thread has helped me out a lot. This should be added to THE VAULT later. Peace man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont know if any one will see this..

but DRED and i took an AMTRak saftey course over the summer so we could paint this one wall that offered us money.. but what Ouija and Cracked Ass are saying about the COuplers and the "Humping" is some serious shit.. they showed us some guy who got his fucking arm takin off by that shit.. man just be safe and look out fer small shit..

----

also i dont know about other places but in chicago they have people with tranqulizer guns in the yard and they shoot for the legs.. it will make your whole leg go numb and feel heavy as hell, this has not happend to me but it happend to one of my friends.

----

shit it getting serious. so watch out..

Peace Defy oNe

• 1 month later...

in a yard i was in, i just walked right past the yard workers and just nodded or said hi. just dont act suspicious act like you are there for a reason. oh, and watch your head when crossing in between trains, theres always some pertruding bar sticking out that wacks me off the train.

always have beer and cigarettes, workers dont mind kickin back for a painter.

• 1 month later...

this is the best topic it has helped me the most since i'm a little new at hittin fr8s but i find if workers see me the cp workers are alot nicer than the jerk off cn workers.Standin by a train thats gettin humped is fuckin freaky shit!!But fr8s are the shit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...