Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Some drunk kid got hit in my yard the other day by a car that had been humped. I think that they hump cars way faster than 5mph..because I can hear the "booms" all day and night...even when on the other side of town.

So..yeah...don't drink and play around trains!

------------------

Joker, you're my hero.

what are some bullshit words to throw around, if you do get spoted? you said act like a railfan... what do rail fans talk about? are they like trekkies? should i wear a conductor hat and overalls? kidding, but seriously...

------------------

everywhere i wander to know where art is

Guest cracked ass

I don't really know how to fake being a railfan, because I sort of am one. If you don't feel the freight love in your veins, and you just want an excuse for being seen in the yard, just keep it simple, say you like trains, seeing them roll and shit. Another way to go if you don't know enough to front as a railfan is just to say you don't like people much and you often wander the lonely areas like train tracks and shit.

Guest Ouija

Don't stick your hands in the couplers, especially if there's some activity in the yard. You never know when they'll decide to start shoving cars together.

bump

------------------

immaculately conceptual

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good looking out Cracked, info is always appreciated.

Not sure if any of you have these in your local yard, but over here, in the city's biggest yard which is half CN and half CP, the use of remote control engines is in full effect. Essentially, the worker walks along the tracks with a remote control and works the engine from there (you see, trains are BIG toys!!!). Its cool to watch, but is also very dangerous for a couple of reasons. 1) There is no conductor in the engine, so no one to blow the horn to tell you to get the fuck out of the way. 2) With the worker controlling the engine from the ground, you may be paying attention to him and not notice the ghost rider train coming at you from the opposite direction.

Another piece of advice. If you feel the need to close the door on an open boxcar so you can complete that purty end2end you have been planning (which I do not recommend), keep in mind that once you get the momentum built up the door won't stop until it slams shut, with or without your fingers in the way.

Play safe, clean your spots and never accept candy from men in trenchcoats.

• LOL! 1

ok defy, were all really impressed with your Amtrack ID, now give it a rest.

I got a little spooked today when I was getting flix. I went to a little spur that serves a carboard recylcing plant, 3 boxcars at a loading dock. They used the dock periodically during the day (I've taken flix while a forklift was loading things inside) but as I walked up to it today the whole line starting moving! They must have a way to move it with the forklift or somthing, I couldnt see from where I was. This is a spot where I would have made an exception and gone over the couplers since its a dead end, and the approach is straight and highly visible. Made me rethink my safety a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest your motherfucker

WeRD TO CRACKED. I USED TO WORK FOR NORFOLK SOUTHERN AND I LEARNED A WHOLE BUNCH OF SHIT ABOUT SAFETY. DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE A YARD AND IT'S SOROUNDING'S. I'VE SEEN GUY'S GET HIT BY A TRAIN GOING 5-10 MPH AND IT'S BROKE THERE BONES. I'M NOT PROUD OF THIS, BUT I'VE ACTUALLY HIT AND KILLED SOMEONE WHILE I WAS AT WORK. WE WERE COMING OUT OF THE YARD GETTING UP SPEED AND THIS GUY WAS WALKING DOWN THE TRACK AND BOOM!! DECAPITATION TO IT'S FULLEST. IT WASN'T A PRETTY SIGHT. THE GUY WAS JUST BEING STUPID AND THOUGHT HE WAS BEING FUNNY AND HE ENDED UP DEAD. THIS IS A LITTLE OFF SUBJECT BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT SOME KID GETTING HIT BY A TRAIN OR GETTING CRUSHED CAUSE THAT SHIT MAKES FOR A BAD DAY. I'VE HAD PLENTY OF SHIT GO DOWN IN THE YARD WHILE I'M WORKING. ALWAY'S STAY 100% WHEN YOUR IN THEM. PLEASE!!

Guest T.W.F UNABOMBER

cracked you said there where yards in new england how bout connecticut cause all i really see is a bunch of cars lined up on a rail in one place but different ones be there every once in a while if you can tell me if you knew of any in CT it would help

thanks for the knowledge

Originally posted by your motherfucker:

WeRD TO CRACKED. I USED TO WORK FOR NORFOLK SOUTHERN AND I LEARNED A WHOLE BUNCH OF SHIT ABOUT SAFETY. DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE A YARD AND IT'S SOROUNDING'S. I'VE SEEN GUY'S GET HIT BY A TRAIN GOING 5-10 MPH AND IT'S BROKE THERE BONES. I'M NOT PROUD OF THIS, BUT I'VE ACTUALLY HIT AND KILLED SOMEONE WHILE I WAS AT WORK. WE WERE COMING OUT OF THE YARD GETTING UP SPEED AND THIS GUY WAS WALKING DOWN THE TRACK AND BOOM!! DECAPITATION TO IT'S FULLEST. IT WASN'T A PRETTY SIGHT. THE GUY WAS JUST BEING STUPID AND THOUGHT HE WAS BEING FUNNY AND HE ENDED UP DEAD. THIS IS A LITTLE OFF SUBJECT BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT SOME KID GETTING HIT BY A TRAIN OR GETTING CRUSHED CAUSE THAT SHIT MAKES FOR A BAD DAY. I'VE HAD PLENTY OF SHIT GO DOWN IN THE YARD WHILE I'M WORKING. ALWAY'S STAY 100% WHEN YOUR IN THEM. PLEASE!!

Ok, lemme get this straight....

You work in a train yard, or for that matter

you even work on trains, and you still

have access to a computer??? I don't think

that you are telling the truth. You are

embarrassing yourself, in fact.

Originally posted by T.W.F UNABOMBER:

cracked you said there where yards in new england how bout connecticut cause all i really see is a bunch of cars lined up on a rail in one place but different ones be there every once in a while if you can tell me if you knew of any in CT it would help

thanks for the knowledge

There are plenty of yards in CT. I'm not even

from there and I know where they are.

No one is going to tell you, because they

don't want you there. Suck it up, and

find a nice lay-up in the woods.

Love,

The Devil

thanks for the knowledge

i wont even bother to explain this, cause if you catn figure it out yourself, your just going to ruin it for everyone else...

Guest T.W.F UNABOMBER

theres not aloud of good artist here i dont live in tha nice part of ct so i dont know why people think connecticut is a pretty place to live.

and if you dont live in ct why would you care if i hit up any fr8s

second of all there are too many toys around here that need to see some real nice shit ive battled too many corny toys that ive battled (no chalenge) im sick of it if you would please just email me a yard location it would be a help i want to hit up some fr8s before marker season (winter)

im a little pissed off right now sorry if i sound like a ass

------------------

graffiti is art NOT A CRIME!

wow..my 1,000 post..and on such a good topic. kick ass. this thread is great cracked..i just now got to reading it but..its good. appreciated. we had a run in with a worker once..we ditched the paint but knew he'd seen us with it..but there was no way out..he just ask us if we had paint we told him no..then he shook his head and said well i really dont care just look out..then he told us what lines they were humping and to look out. i loved that day.

theres not aloud of good artist here i dont live in tha nice part of ct so i dont know why people think connecticut is a pretty place to live.

and if you dont live in ct why would you care if i hit up any fr8s

second of all there are too many toys around here that need to see some real nice shit ive battled too many corny toys that ive battled (no chalenge) im sick of it if you would please just email me a yard location it would be a help i want to hit up some fr8s before marker season (winter)

im a little pissed off right now sorry if i sound like a ass

i dont live in Ct but i know people that do, and im not trying to ruin it for them. i swear, i would almost think you were a cop. youve been in the game so long and you dont know what the fuck a lay up is? dude... i really truly think your a cop. now that i think about about all the posts of yours ive read, you dont sound like a writer at all... lets see where your ip traces too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...