The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you faggot you just bit white kid. get some of your own flavor. dumb bitch

shut the fuck up you dont know what you are talking about. so you think that I saw that flick and said "oh shit I gotta go down to the yard and take some flicks just like that, its such a good idea" no bro get it right, I took those flicks a while back

decaying ..that last shot of the dazed guy is great..

question: whats your method of pulling portrait shots off of strangers??

im going to Brasil in 2 weeks..i need to figure out how to get portrait shots of people..

( i dont speak portuguese)

i usually shoot with a 18-55mm, and a 135mm

i pretty much have three methods.

i walk up to the person, strike up a conversation making my intentions clear that i want a photograph but also just trying to find more out about the person. After a while they will loosen up and you can get some really cool photographs.

completely candid just snapping the photo and hope they dont get mad haha.

orrr use a short telephoto. some people think thats cheating with street but i used one on the man with telephone and i really think it keeps the scene what i wanted it to be more than if i went up close. there just wouldnt be the same sense of business and isolation of the subject with a wide lens.

if your going to brazil. first research customs etc of the exact place your going to be at. depending on where your going, be careful of who you take pictures of. some parts of brasil are crazy fucking places and you dont want to be fucked up/robbed over taking a picture of the wrong person. no matter how photogenic it might seem, stay out of the ghettos especially if you dont speak the language haha. also, learn how to ask to take someone's picture. :D

i wish i was goign to brasil.

anyone here into rangefinder photography? is there a rangefinder thread? i searched and didnt find one. any suggestions on a good first purchase for my first rangefinder? looking at a Yashica GSN Electro as they cheap. Don't say just buy a Leica, i already know that shit!

Im going to sell my d80 cause im strapped for cash and i shoot film more often anyway but im looking for a good not to expensive point and shoot digital camera sometihng small any suggestions?

i hooked up the canon sd600 about a year ago and love it... small, light, the battery lasts forever and the images are crisp, even at higher iso. there's the newer sd620 (40?) that has a slightly bigger screen, but it picks up a little in weight and thickness because of it.

i hooked up the canon sd600 about a year ago and love it... small, light, the battery lasts forever and the images are crisp, even at higher iso. there's the newer sd620 (40?) that has a slightly bigger screen, but it picks up a little in weight and thickness because of it.

agreed i use the sd750.