The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Originally posted by optimus prime@Mar 30 2006, 06:07 AM

CA - I like how the wet ground picked up the color from the neon sign. good job overall.

3.2 second exposure? I thought maybe Bulb, but all 3 showing 3.2.?.

thanks for the feedback, yeah theyre all 3.2 second exposures,i wasnt going for anything specific with these shots, i was just getting some practice doing night stuff as i havent really done it much.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CACashRefund+Mar 30 2006, 01:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Mar 30 2006, 01:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-optimus prime@Mar 30 2006, 06:07 AM

CA - I like how the wet ground picked up the color from the neon sign. good job overall.

3.2 second exposure? I thought maybe Bulb, but all 3 showing 3.2.?.

thanks for the feedback, yeah theyre all 3.2 second exposures,i wasnt going for anything specific with these shots, i was just getting some practice doing night stuff as i havent really done it much.

[/b]

I just haven't seen a ".2" on a whole numbered shutterspeed. Interesting.

That last one CEK is pritty damn nice

Good work

I really need to get out more.To much of this looking, not enough doing.

But I am pritty struck for time, with school and shit.

I will get some shit posted up sooon, hopefullyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cek, nice fucking last shot, composition is sick.

P1012497.jpg

P1012488.jpg

P1012484.jpg

some skating ones i did this week. the kid filming is wicked sick, if anyone knows skating he has a new video coming out called "floorwork" by "xmpl films" its sponserd by zooyork and osirus and other company's its gonna be big. but anywhoo let me know waht you guys think.

stratodab- thanks for the comments.

ckit- west LA. i tried pming you, but it did not work. im busy, but we should work something out.

anyone know what program to use so i can upload the RAW images on to my mac?

im using iphoto, but it does not seem to register the RAW files.

I've been thinking about getting a monopod to carry with me, the tripod is cool but you know,

it's bulky and blah blah....

what do you guys think? is it pretty stable? it looks a little shaky to me...

but it looks alot easier and accesible.... someone give me some feedback main...

optimus damn, always on point b, philth, coffee, jbrsh great stuff from everyone... :king:

Originally posted by cantinflas@Apr 1 2006, 12:13 AM

I've been thinking about getting a monopod to carry with me, the tripod is cool but you know,

it's bulky and blah blah....

what do you guys think? is it pretty stable? it looks a little shaky to me...

but it looks alot easier and accesible.... someone give me some feedback main...

optimus damn, always on point b, philth, coffee, jbrsh great stuff from everyone... :king:

A monopod isn't used to reduce camerashake, it's there so you don't get nerve damage holding up that 600mm f/4.0 lens for extended amounts of time. It won't reduce camera shake significantly.

Originally posted by JJC@Mar 31 2006, 11:42 PM

A monopod isn't used to reduce camerashake, it's there so you don't get nerve damage holding up that 600mm f/4.0 lens for extended amounts of time. It won't reduce camera shake significantly.

ahhh!

thank you sir! pardon my ignorance...

This page is killer.

CACashRefund: loving the Red's Java House.

saintseiya: the colors on that smokestack photo are super intense, I love it.

CEKONE: those last two long exposure shots are crazy good.

optimus_prime: those skyline/night shots are awesome. the detail of the lights really grab me for some reason.

jbrshmonster: how did you get the white so vibrant in that cab shot? whenever I do black and white that has a lot of white in it, it always looks dull and gray.

Everyone is killin' it in here, hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post this weekend.

And congrats on RIT Rage.