Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrChupacabra

The Photography Thread

Thanks for all the feedback

all those shots were taken at like 8 at night on a wedensday thats why it looked so empty

photobucket totally raped me on the size of the last one, it looks pretty dope when you see it bigger

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by jbrshmonster@Mar 31 2006, 03:12 PM

120606554_64c538d582_o.jpg

yoooo i had this cabby before!!

just some pictures from today, i tried using differant white balances to get differant colors out of the sky for the long exposures..

120981905_e7013f394f.jpg

120981910_2394efad6e.jpg

120981909_e5457fe2d2.jpg

120981907_35809cf463.jpg

120981906_86450e819e.jpg

120981908_bcf0b9e793.jpg

I've been thinking about getting a monopod to carry with me, the tripod is cool but you know,

it's bulky and blah blah....

what do you guys think? is it pretty stable? it looks a little shaky to me...

but it looks alot easier and accesible.... someone give me some feedback main...

optimus damn, always on point b, philth, coffee, jbrsh great stuff from everyone... :king:

Originally posted by cantinflas@Apr 1 2006, 12:13 AM

I've been thinking about getting a monopod to carry with me, the tripod is cool but you know,

it's bulky and blah blah....

what do you guys think? is it pretty stable? it looks a little shaky to me...

but it looks alot easier and accesible.... someone give me some feedback main...

optimus damn, always on point b, philth, coffee, jbrsh great stuff from everyone... :king:

A monopod isn't used to reduce camerashake, it's there so you don't get nerve damage holding up that 600mm f/4.0 lens for extended amounts of time. It won't reduce camera shake significantly.

Originally posted by JJC@Mar 31 2006, 11:42 PM

A monopod isn't used to reduce camerashake, it's there so you don't get nerve damage holding up that 600mm f/4.0 lens for extended amounts of time. It won't reduce camera shake significantly.

ahhh!

thank you sir! pardon my ignorance...

This page is killer.

CACashRefund: loving the Red's Java House.

saintseiya: the colors on that smokestack photo are super intense, I love it.

CEKONE: those last two long exposure shots are crazy good.

optimus_prime: those skyline/night shots are awesome. the detail of the lights really grab me for some reason.

jbrshmonster: how did you get the white so vibrant in that cab shot? whenever I do black and white that has a lot of white in it, it always looks dull and gray.

Everyone is killin' it in here, hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post this weekend.

And congrats on RIT Rage.

Originally posted by -Rage-@Apr 1 2006, 01:05 PM

So...

I got accepted to RIT.

Word up. Congrats.... but your shit's so hot, it's no surprise.

I owe you a drink and some insider information ;)

congrats rage!

I've got a fashion shoot for a friend tommorow, so I went ahead and booked a hassy kit. 500cm body with 2 backs, and 50mm f4, 80mm f2.8, and 150mm f4 lenses. I'm in fucking love with this thing. I can already see myself sinking $1500 into a medium format kit. bankruptcy here I come. if all goes well I should have some scans to post by next weekend.

Originally posted by Philth215@Apr 1 2006, 09:38 PM

i dont know what RIT is but congrats..

rage are you my age?

im goin to temple next year

Yea, as coffee said, it's Rochester Institute of Technology in NY.

BIG ass photo department.

I'm 24, so probably a bit older.

Should be funny to go back to college and start all over again.

Oh well. At least I'll pay attention this time.

Originally posted by ese@Apr 1 2006, 10:59 PM

congrats rage!

I've got a fashion shoot for a friend tommorow, so I went ahead and booked a hassy kit. 500cm body with 2 backs, and 50mm f4, 80mm f2.8, and 150mm f4 lenses. I'm in fucking love with this thing. I can already see myself sinking $1500 into a medium format kit. bankruptcy here I come. if all goes well I should have some scans to post by next weekend.

I know! Medium format is such a step up from 35mm. I've been working with an old yashica-mat tlr and even that hunk of junk makes me wonder why I even invested the 100 odd dollars into the other hunkofjunk that is my nikon FE.

Rage, Congratulations my dude! I've heard great things about RIT. How's the tuition? Me, I'm trying out for the Fashion institute next year- being a SUNY and all I hope it won't be too expensive.

wow, really great stuff from everyone.

havent been on here much latley but the last pages have been fire all round.

will post soon.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ourladyqueenofsorrows@Apr 2 2006, 10:16 AM

coffee those shots are awesome. how did you get the sky so red in the first two?

a combination of thunderstorm clouds and sunset, and the second one is mostly from artificial light behind the building, plus a little under-exposure.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now