The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

keep it up everybody.

issac-

4th photo- yellows and oranges. sick abstract. reflection?

5th- sickkkk

6th- reds and blues. another reflection?

7th- jelious of seasons. thats why it sucks in LA. no color changes in fall.

rage- those black and white prints are pretty sick. those are just scanned prints rght? what kind of scanner are you using?

chie- a lot of those coming out under exposed. use a tripod?

rage- those black and white prints are pretty sick. those are just scanned prints rght? what kind of scanner are you using?

I'm using my shitty HP Officejet All-In-One (printer, scanner, fax), ever since I destroyed my flatbed scanner a couple weeks ago.

I need to buy a new flatebed.

Aprho-head--

honestly I would have if I knew it was going on before the day it happened. They set up a stage right in our campus in this open area and I was like shit, what is this? And I saw these posters saying special guest: KRS-1. So I kept stopping by between classes asking "Is KRS-1 here yet?" Finally I went to my late class that ends at 7:20 and immediately went over there and could hear him rapping and suddenly there were all these people there. I only got to shoot like two songs and then chase him around. I have other pictures of him with people and stuff, and he posed for my camera with other people too. I never got to talk to him like I had hoped.

can you give me some tips on how to be good, or at least presentable in photography?

Do you look at photographs a lot? That's where to start, by actually gaining some appreciation for it, and figuring out what you like. I recommend photo blogs. Here's the nominations and winners for the best photoblogs of 2006: http://2006.photobloggies.org/

After that, read and do all the assignments from here: http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php

From doing those two things, you will have learned A LOT and you now understand photography to a wayyy higher degree than just "I want to take good pictures."

On another note, I got a job as a photographer for my school's newspaper, and they have a 10d I will get to use. Congratulate me, mother fuckers.

CONGRATS mannnng.

Non gonna be certified digitized. can you take the camera with you outside of school?

also, good advice for chie.

immerse your self in photography. the more you see and really examine, the more you will absorb and learn.

are there any community colleges or public art schools you couid take a photo class at? learn the most basic rules and work your way up. its like anything, you have to learn to walk before you can run.

but most of all, shoot a lot and have fun

Another note, speaking of good news. I got my website together and im pretty excited. email me if you like.

http://WWW.GrahamWalzerPhotography.com

Damn it's been a minute since I've been by here. Hot shit all around... and boobies. Well, booby.

Rage: Roch subway beyond the graffiti walls isn't so scary... it's dead flat and empty straight though. A flashlight definitely, but the only friend that is necessary is a respectable "get the fuck away from me" stick, just in case. A tripod would do. I think there's 1 or 2 homless dudes that live down there and they want nothing to do with anyone so as long as you don't bother them, they won't bother you.

Upstate NY this weekend coming up... I got 2 2MB cards just asking to get filled up and 5 packs of polas. Watch out.