The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by nozaki+Mar 3 2006, 05:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nozaki - Mar 3 2006, 05:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have more...but i'd rather see what you guys have to say before i start posting others.

[/b]

I think I'm into that 5050 shot. If it was in anything other than red, it might not work as well... the subtle blue cast peeking in around the image does a lot to balance everything out. But I'm still unsure about that hunk of wall on the left. It's pretty heavy and hot and pulls the eye away. Maybe crop about half of it out... you can't take it all away, that'll throw everything off.

5050's in Scranton/WB, right? There's crazy PA heads here....

Originally posted by dosoner@Mar 4 2006, 02:02 PM

the result was a "holga digital rebel xt"

Wha? How? You need to divulge that shit because those look dope... almost like super-8 film stills.

<!--QuoteBegin-remorseles@Mar 4 2006, 11:55 AM

Heres a few pictures i took that i ended up digitally enhancing.

Personally, I think Photoshop shouldn't be visible. That's just me-as-(hypocritical)purist. Using filters is pretty corny. The thing is, those could be nice shots... straight b&w with nice midtones would work well probably. Let the image itself do the work, not PS filters.

thecarwreck, i actually cropped as much of the photo as i could without getting rid of the image i wanted shown(crop anymore from the left and i lose balance, crop anymore from the bottom and i lose subject matter)...it basically sucks that that chunk is there. i'm glad you brought that up, it lets me know you know what the deal is...

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Mar 4 2006, 05:33 PM

now i'm kind of liking the big chunk.... it makes it feel like some hidden room you're peeking into.

i was peeking into a basement actually.

and i wish you can tell more clearly, but the floor was frozen solid with about a 6 inches of ice.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Mar 4 2006, 01:18 PM

wow i really appreciate all the feedback guys, that washing machine shot came out by accident, that shot is i think is exposed for about 8 seconds

thats funny cus my first thought was, wow that is WHITE like maby overexposed, exccept it seems like the midtones are all intact

dope stuff

Originally posted by The Insider@Mar 4 2006, 12:25 PM

sorry guys, havent posted in a while, been busy.

remorseles im liking those shots, the colors on the last one are sick. id like to see the original colors though.

this thread is SICK!

Thanks man, unfotunately the only thing i have left of that series is the ones posted, the original was just an ordinary digital picutre taken of down town city hall where i live. i was very impressed by those pictures and love them.