The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by The Insider@Mar 10 2006, 06:43 AM

whats up guys, i havent posted any flicks in a while cause my computer is fucked so im using another.

anyway, has anyone checked out this guy Gregory Culbert. he did this expidition thing for like 10 years or so in africa taking dramatic pictures of the interactions between local villagers and wild animals. His photo's are beyond words. i cant describe how creative and incredible his shots are.

he style is different than anyother photographer. this is something truley amazing so i'd encourage you guys to go to this link and check his stuf out, he is deffenitly one of the best photographers in the world. check it out, and send it to your friends, truley amazing work.

http://www.ashesandsnow.org/

the book is called ashes and snow i'd buy it if i were you, i know im gonna pick up a copy.

No offence but that website is probably the most pretentious thing I've ever seen on the internet. The New Age ambient music with some earnest guy reading poetry over the top turned me right off - "Ever since my house burnt down I can see the moon more clearly" :haha:

The photos are amazing though.

Originally posted by The Insider@Mar 11 2006, 06:11 PM

oh, i was just posting it for the photo's, i didnt think there was anything else on it. where is that poetry or whatever?

Its on the site the whole time. *edit, no its not - its only in one part ('Experience') of the Enhanced Experience version, sorry. At first I was enjoying the music, it complemented the photos quite well, but it started to wear thin with the guy speaking and everything. The photos really are stunning though, thanks for sharing the link. I'm gonna add his book to my wish list... peace

jbrshmonster- Nice ones, the last one is especially interesting. looks all hallucinogenicly creepy...

kt08: the mozaic idea's a good one, but the mouth's need something. Are they laid out that way for a reason? if not maybe put some thought into grouping them, like red lips at the top, white at bottom, pink in middle, ya know, make a gradation of color. Or group them by race/gender/class/dental work and add some political undertones....

DaButte.jpg

Crested Butte's out of the way, hard to get to, small, and has a steep ass lift served. Named for the mountain in the background.

swipe.jpg

I moved in with a cat, and a neurotic one at that. It took a crap on my bet a couple week ago and now my room is off limits.

Heavy.jpg

No shit...Huh, I never would'a thought....

DogsBike.jpg

Anyone have NoiseNinja serial numbers? The new camera doesn't do dark without adding lots of digital artifacts.

JacketVag1.jpg

So, today I spotted a guy with a jacket that looked uncannily like it had a cavernous vagina. If I had a coat like that you can rest assured it'd have a corespondingly large clit ring.

And the closeup (wish this had come out better defined, as I found it grandly entertaining)

JacketVag.jpg

I bought developing supplies today.

Fuck film labs.

Oh, and some of the Ilford LP4 today.

Someone recommended the HP5, but I already have a ton of ISO 400 film.

Also, the lady at the camera shop said something about setting the ISO on my camera to a slightly lower setting than that of my film so that my light meter recommends that I expose longer/at a lower aperature setting.

Valid?

I'm always open to suggestions.

-fuse.

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Mar 14 2006, 12:21 AM

Also, the lady at the camera shop said something about setting the ISO on my camera to a slightly lower setting than that of my film so that my light meter recommends that I expose longer/at a lower aperature setting.

Valid?

-fuse.

makes sense. uh huh uh huh.