The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The only one I really liked was the 4th one, shit photo but it took me 6 tries to line up the external flash to light up the sign so it would reflect properly.

Also the girl in the first one saw me pointing the camera and tried to diss me by looking away

but no matter what angle them legs are pure gold, hahaha, I know you dig the candid looking ones better.

I'm really digging that basement studio panoramic, really interesting subject to me with all the cans and doesn't look edited other than the stitch.

The shot feels kind of quiet and solitary, like you just snuck in a window and are about to rummage through those cans and look for discontinued and rare colors.

Sunday: PUERTO RICAN PARADE GAWDDAMN DEEZ LADIES. Some of the flicks look kind of blurry. It was pouring rain. The girl I was with used some of her hairpins to craft a sick waterproofer out of a plastic bag, but i still got some water on the front of the lens, so thats why it looks like that.

4709917602_d176e14f3a_b.jpg

4709275957_d8da65387d_b.jpg

4709275243_cdc6af83df_b.jpg

4709275087_1160e54e23_b.jpg

4709916612_aaa6c1ff3b_b.jpg

4709917106_fe0c9cf468_b.jpg

4709275433_ef3406b2fe_b.jpg

4709916902_e14013349d_b.jpg

4709274977_f492383214_b.jpg

4709275201_def03da4b3_b.jpg

bootlegg line up haha

4709916720_9c3b5d5b0c_b.jpg

4709275377_911df06568_b.jpg

Bedstuy randoms:

4709917142_dcf3ff5f02_b.jpg

4709275559_457c4e488a_b.jpg

4709275653_d15a1a08d8_b.jpg

4709916492_c571c018e6_b.jpg

Hide the childrun: Hipsters coming..

4709274837_ea39bbd56a_b.jpg

Little ass child walking a big ass pitbull. INNADIGHETTO

4709275777_cfd42a3339_b.jpg

9/11 murals starting to fade.... almost been 10 years damn.

dude gorgeous flicks!

I can feel all the life that flows through the city in those pics.

So nice to finally come here and not see boring ass flicks of abandoned houses and bullshit in the middle of suburbia. (no offense 12oz)

question to the more experienced photographers. How do you feel about megapixels?

Wen i first copped an slr i didnt think much of it and was happy with 5. But when i see alot of pictures i feel like mine doesnt compare in terms of definition or crispness. Should i just be playing with lower apertures or do those 10 mp really just hold an advantage.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

in my opinion it is a combination of decent MP + good lens + aperture + shutter speed.

this will give you super sharp images.

i took a couple pictures last week with a 24.5 MP camera that was focused but not sharp at all.

upon inspection i realized i had left the aperture @ 2.8 with iso of 400 on a super sunny day.

this happened because i was shooting on the run in full manual and i went from shooting indoors/very low light @ 300mm to immediately shooting outdoors/strong sunlight @ 50 mm.

you can no doubt take excellent pictures with a 5MP camera but typically you will be limited to print size, if anything, this is the main limiting factor . if you get unsharp pictures of portraits then you probably need to fine tune your camera more or look into a deifferent lens.

megapixels have nothing to do with sharpness or image quality unless you're printing huge posters/billboards or cropping the image down in post.

In fact, the more megapixels a camera has packed into a sensors actual surface area hurt the images overall quality at higher ISO settings.

The problem you might have is that digital cameras improve vastly every year as new technology become affordable,

so a 5 year old SLR of even the highest quality is generally obsolete when compared with a newer one.

Sharpness is all in the focus, a camera with good autofocus and a good lens (kit lenses usually suck) will take sharp images.

I researched cameras when I was looking last year and went with a D700, has only 12.1 mp but it's on a full frame sensor.

Beats the hell out of the 21 mp full frame sensor I was considering which has tons of noise at ISO 800, I can blast away at ISO 1600 or 3200 and still get a crisp shot.

It depends on what you want to focus on shooting, I liked natural light at night, if I was into studio or flash photography I would have copped more megapixels.

• Like 1

yeah, my favorite photos i've taken were with a 6 megapixel camera.... now i'm working with a 10 megapixel camera... but same lenses, and on the computer they more or less look the same... the only difference for me is printing.

recently i've been printing alot, and when i print shots taken with a prime lens, i can print as big as 175ppi and it still looks great.

thanks for the compliments factory, makes me feel good that ive captured the 'feel' of the city. That interests me way more than photographic concepts of composition, form, etc.

they're both pretty shit compared to real philly steaks

loadlimit i like that shot, your place?

i've only been to philly once, but i'm going back again in august. what do you consider "real philly steaks?" the more philly steaks i eat, the happier i'm going to be.

megapixels have nothing to do with sharpness or image quality unless you're printing huge posters/billboards or cropping the image down in post.

In fact, the more megapixels a camera has packed into a sensors actual surface area hurt the images overall quality at higher ISO settings.

The problem you might have is that digital cameras improve vastly every year as new technology become affordable,

so a 5 year old SLR of even the highest quality is generally obsolete when compared with a newer one.

Sharpness is all in the focus, a camera with good autofocus and a good lens (kit lenses usually suck) will take sharp images.

I researched cameras when I was looking last year and went with a D700, has only 12.1 mp but it's on a full frame sensor.

Beats the hell out of the 21 mp full frame sensor I was considering which has tons of noise at ISO 800, I can blast away at ISO 1600 or 3200 and still get a crisp shot.

It depends on what you want to focus on shooting, I liked natural light at night, if I was into studio or flash photography I would have copped more megapixels.

when i did my research the concensus i arrived at was that mp was only relevant in terms of elargement. But then id see complete amateurs with a d90 or d300 taking point and shoot pictures that looked amazing leaving me second guessing.

but thanks for the reassurement/advice everyone its helpful. Currently the little gnomes that live in my house and steal my shit have taken my charger and batery hostage but as soon as i get a new one i look forward to dropping some heat.

Don't sleep on the D300, bad ass camera for sure and about as good as it gets without having a full frame sensor.

I'm about to take my 5th shower today, muggy as a motherfucker here, also, almost forgot fathers day.

My mom kept calling and didn't leave a message so I picked up "you better call your father!! *click* "

She's so much cooler than I give her credit for.

so i might transfer into a new school for my photog BA and buying a d300 s or its canon equivalent is required. So im gonna have two cameras within a few months if i go through and make the transfer.

havent been this geeked about school since i was a shorty

Sound good man. I got to try out the d300s a bit when my dad got one a while ago. Seemed great. Then he went on holiday and slipped on a rock and the camera flew into a river. :(

Any opinions/annecdotes on this camera?

I am close to buying it.

o59ldf.jpg

same camera, just has a different name in the US.

ofsu4o.jpg

ehh im not a canon fan my self, but this seems pretty much the same ting as my D3000 except mine doesnt have live veiw but i dnt use live veiw anyway. seems like a good starter camera

MN i didn't know that you were in photo school... would love to hear your impressions/sentiments on it

not yet thinkin about transferring in this semester. i think its dope especially for people like me who are good at hands on shit. Plus if i could learn some new skills with my camera. a lot of the teachers are young and could easily relate with the students. the class sizes are small and best of all unlimited printing as long as you provide your own the paper!