The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Agreed. I was kinda going for that limp dumb expressionless look. First attempt at "that look."Appreciate the feedback man.

To get that boring beautiful look, you're going to have to get a different model to be honest. Sharper features and good posture/stance/presence help with that look. With that girl you're going to have to go for quirky or weird to make it work.

Are you trying to go into fashion? I dunno how you can like being in studios.

To get that boring beautiful look, you're going to have to get a different model to be honest. Sharper features and good posture/stance/presence help with that look. With that girl you're going to have to go for quirky or weird to make it work.

Are you trying to go into fashion? I dunno how you can like being in studios.

I'm not really sure what I wanna go into. I just like to shoot people. Would like to do band/celebrity editorial eventually. And yeah the "model" was just a friend. Haven't used any real ones yet. I love studios are you kidding me! A/C and music and I'm good.

Guest JohnLester#31

That photo of the newlyweds is so vibrant, so many different expression. Enjoying your work man.

ESKRO - always followed you in ATL, deka eskro and desep, VERY GLAD you also do photographer, all around dope dude, nice shots IMO.....

-seber

drysnitching, shit, that was just a name to me...

so I know who too look for down south..

Just sayin playa

Kodak Ektar 100

It was my first time using it. Quite like the look of it.

- losingmymind

I've developed ektar 100 only once, but I was really pleased with the outcome.

Just to let everyone know, I have 2 rolls of ektar100, 1 roll of ilford 400, and 1 roll of ilford 125 just sitting on my dresser. That's about 132 photos just waiting to be developed. I finally got another job, but that doesn't start for 2 more weeks, so I still have about a month of patience left to endure. Film really does teach patience.

Also, if you're ever stupid enough, like I was, to try and open your lenses just to see what it looked like inside, do it inside a gallon zip-lock bag. My lenses had a 1.2mm ball bearing that told the f-stops when to click that I lost on two lenses. So now when I put the lenses on they just slide back to 1.7 and 3.whatever. I just bought some 1/16 ball bearings, so hopefully I can fix it.

And yeah, I'm drunk because I got a job.

• Like 1

Fuck it, I'm posting old photos.

3993304077_2822d49003_b.jpg

3993312743_a7207a5c52_b.jpg

3993299067_6f98b7aa00_b.jpg

3994041534_f1671de6ab_b.jpg

3986539961_3201e2a911_b.jpg

3986536389_4ddb9173b8_b.jpg

Trees growing on boulders are pretty cool.

I also forgot which photo it was, but there was a little stream/waterfall where there was a really nice graduation in the color of the rock below it. I don't think I captured it well though.

Oh yeah, the old chevy bel air in the first photo is my family's car. All original, nothing restored.

• Like 1

Sure did, shits ridiculous, considering selling the D-700 and not buying a big LCD LED TV and getting cable because of it.

Depends on how the Steelers are doing.

Still only 12.1 mp but I don't do studio shots, My 700 is only noise free at 1600 maybe 3200 if the light is right and I don't bump up the fill light.

This would end any need to ever lug around a tripod, probably going to chill till fall next year unless I score a few extra grand.

Imagine the shit coming out 5 years down the line, I think Digi has caught up to film as far as image quality.

iso_punkers.jpg

I might be able to get this but not the noiseless blue in the dudes tights or the red in the signs above.

This is the kind of natural light at night time shit I like to shoot minus the hipsters.

I usually tungsten the white balance though and bump up the fill light to get detail everywhere.