The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

5 new wet mount scans...

Landscape_San_Francisco_005.jpg

Landscape_San_Francisco_004.jpg

Landscape_San_Francisco_003.jpg

Landscape_San_Francisco_002.jpg

Landscape_San_Francisco_001.jpg

ps. I think a fixed lens is important for a photographer to learn, maintain, and master a personal look of their photography. zooming in and out between 18-infinity gives a body of photographs no cohesion, sort of. well, it does work for many people but I really like the idea of a fixed lens and having to work with/around that particular range of viewing.

RIT's photo website says they have these scanners:

* Imaon 848 Scanners

* Imacon Flextight II Scanners

* Minolta Dimage Scan Multi

* Nikon 8000 Film Scanners

* Fuji FineScan 2750 Scanner

* Various Epson Flatbeds

edit*

and they have a Lambda printer. we had one for a half year before I graduated so I never got to take full advantage of it and the dope prices they gave us.

i admire this thread a ton.

i need to get a decently nice digital camera cuz film as of right now is a big pain in the arse.

right now i have a Cannon Rebel 2000

any suggestions to what i should get?

for the price of a new rebel xti you could by a used 20D...it was hella expensive when it came out so chances are 99.9% of any used 20D youre gonna get will still be in damn good condition. they're going from anywhere between 450-800 online. also, if you have a rebel 2000 right now (i've got one too) you can just buy the 20D body only and use the same lenses from your rebel 2k and the money you'd save by not buying the rebel you can invest in a good lens. i'd recommend something that can get at least f/2.8...or invest in a good flash. theres a nice 50mm canon lens on adorama.com for 69.95 and i think its f/1.8 or 2.8

If any of you have a good shot of a theater screen or stage with the seats or balconies you wouldn't mind letting a stranger use it would be much appreciated. I want to use one as a background for embedding youtube and google video links on the screen. I wouldn't feel right using one from an image search and don't see myself taking a good one any time soon.